Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Membership Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Paddy1404

NedBagg wrote: »
    U could try Killeen Paddy... just up the road from Castlewarden.. Think it is €1500 until end of next year... cheaper if u are under 35 I think.... all clubs very busy at the moment... 2k is good for Palmerstown.. great golf course.. best par 5s anywhere..

Just sent off inquiry for this one. Played it about 5 years ago and remember it being a nice course.

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    +1, joined Bray recently, very happy so far and the offer a wide range of memberships including a beginners for people who haven't been members before or had a GUI hcap.

The beginner membership seems great value if I am reading it right. It would be in a good location for me so have emailed them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tropics001

julio arca wrote: »
    Old Conna is just down the road from Dun Laoire. No more than 5 minutes from either the N11 or M50. The course is immaculately kept and i would recommend even if some of the holes are a little repetitive. I think membership varies from €1,550 - €1,750 per annum depending on the option.

Membership 2019

Entrance Fee: Subscription

Full Membership €6000 €1,553 (ladies: €1557)

+1, joined Bray recently, very happy so far and the offer a wide range of memberships including a beginners for people who haven't been members before or had a GUI hcap.

Hi REFLINE1, Do you know what days / times the comps are in Bray? We are going to apply for the beginner membership and that would allow us to play as much casual golf for 12 months so just seeing what times we wouldn't be able to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

Paddy1404 wrote: »
    Hi REFLINE1, Do you know what days / times the comps are in Bray? We are going to apply for the beginner membership and that would allow us to play as much casual golf for 12 months so just seeing what times we wouldn't be able to play.

Im not sure, ive only joined recently so there's been no comps due to COVID. It will be similar to most other clubs id imagine, ladies day Tuesday, comps all week but some casual golf slots also. Not sure about wkend but again there will be comps on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Bray Comps are:

Mon: Mens/Ladies (little take-up, lots of casual times available)
    Tue: Ladies (but, casual golf available, just check with the pro shop)
    Wed: Mens (busy time sheet all day)
    Thurs: Mostly casual golf all day
    Fri: Mostly casual golf all day
    Sat: Mens/Ladies (busy time sheet most of the day, casual golf in the evening)
    Sun: Mens/Ladies (busy time sheet most of the day, casual golf in the evening)

Time sheets can be busy but I never really have an issue once I am ready to book when they become available.

Very welcoming club

And yes - it drains well in the winter. However, it can get closed for frost some early winter mornings due to parts of the course being in the shadow of Bray head.

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Bray Comps are:

Mon: Mens/Ladies (little take-up, lots of casual times available)
    Tue: Ladies (but, casual golf available, just check with the pro shop)
    Wed: Mens (busy time sheet all day)
    Thurs: Mostly casual golf all day
    Fri: Mostly casual golf all day
    Sat: Mens/Ladies (busy time sheet most of the day, casual golf in the evening)
    Sun: Mens/Ladies (busy time sheet most of the day, casual golf in the evening)

Time sheets can be busy but I never really have an issue once I am ready to book when they become available.

Very welcoming club

And yes - it drains well in the winter. However, it can get closed for frost some early winter mornings due to parts of the course being in the shadow of Bray head.

Thanks for sending that on. It's a great help. Do you know what time roughly on the weekends the casual golf starts is it afternoon or evening after 4 or 5pm. Summer not an issue with the light, would be more with the Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Skyfloater

Re: Bray do they still have society outings at the weekend? That used to bug me when looking for a time slot.
    The other thing while the greens there are well designed, they're so slow. It feels like putting through porridge at times. In every other respect it's a much more interesting course than Old Conna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Casual golf in Bray on the weekend would definitely be in the late afternoon. In the winter the competition timesheet would fill the whole day.

You get some societies on Saturdays, but not many.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 conor_ob

I'm looking at Bray as well as they have a good deal for the Intermediate 28-30 category. I have no contacts in the club though. Did you know members to put down as a proposer and seconder for the application? I was a member in Delgany for about 10 years then Dun L for 2 years - had to give that up as I wasn't playing enough but eager to get back in somewhere now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Myleftpeg

My dad knew some members up there when I joined so they signed off but my two mates didnt know anyone and they just had a chat with the captain and there was no problems.

The beginner is limited to after 4 on the weekends sadly its ultimately what made me step away as you were only paying for the summer as winters we couldn't get out, but I would consider joining again on full time membership basis

The front nine is a good walk as your traversing across the hill but its not too bad. They are redeveloping the 2nd par 3 (might be finished now) and the head pro is good guy.

conor_ob wrote: »
    I'm looking at Bray as well as they have a good deal for the Intermediate 28-30 category. I have no contacts in the club though. Did you know members to put down as a proposer and seconder for the application? I was a member in Delgany for about 10 years then Dun L for 2 years - had to give that up as I wasn't playing enough but eager to get back in somewhere now.

i met with Captain and vice captain as I didn't know any members.

Myleftpeg wrote: »
    The beginner is limited to after 4 on the weekends sadly its ultimately what made me step away as you were only paying for the summer as winters we couldn't get out, but I would consider joining again on full time membership basis

Im not aware this is the case now, at least it wasn't mentioned to me. Beginners are not eligible to play in all comps, maybe thats what you mean?

Advertisement