Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Line Speeds

• 14-06-2020 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Suffering with drop outs and restarts with my internet. It's eir and its a F2000.

Can someone have a look at my line stats and see what the max speed is?

The profile is set to 80mbs so I think it may be set too high

DSL synchronization status:
    Up
    Connection status:
    Showtime
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
    Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    Upstream interleave depth:
    Downstream interleave depth:
    Line standard:
    VDSL
    Upstream line attenuation (dB):
    Downstream line attenuation (dB):
    Upstream output power (dBmV):
    Downstream output power (dBmV):
    Downstream interleave depth:
    None
    DSL up time:
    0 days 0 hours 13 minutes 11 seconds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your current rate is above max, that's an unhealthy state and will likely be unstable as described.

You could try 40 then drop to 34 if that's not enough. The question is though, you were set to 80, that means your test indicated 80 at some point in the past. If a fault is bringing you down it's worth fixing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

ED E wrote: »
    Your current rate is above max, that's an unhealthy state and will likely be unstable as described.

You could try 40 then drop to 34 if that's not enough. The question is though, you were set to 80, that means your test indicated 80 at some point in the past. If a fault is bringing you down it's worth fixing.

Thanks very much for getting back to me.
    Yeah I was thinking that it was set too high. I think they contacted Eir and may have convinced them to increase the profile because they assumed they'd get a faster speed. It seems they can't recall a speed over 40mbs, but I'd have to get a few hard wired tests.

Is there any definite way of finding if there's a fault? Or would it be a matter of getting onto eir and seeing if they can see anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Check your neighbours either side, if they're both 80 chances are it was a correct prequal and you should report a fault. If both are 40 good chance its correct.

Your DS Atten indicates a 1KM loop which is definitely not 80Mb but faults can throw that value.

Advertisement