Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface Pro 7

Options
  • 14-06-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Has anyone every purchased a Surface Pro 7 in the USA and got it shipped to Ireland?

Any ideas how this would be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you purchasing it in a shop over there, or buying it online from here?

Are you looking for parcel forwarding service like AddressPal USA or more if the Surface pro will have any USA/UK issues? (Power adapter will be 2pin 110v & warranty will be USA rather than EU)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

I plan to purchase it online while based in Ireland and try to get it shipped here.

I wasnt aware of AddressPal USA. Can you envisage any tax issues? Or other problems?

Its potential 300 cheaper in USA

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

JJJackal wrote: »
    I plan to purchase it online while based in Ireland and try to get it shipped here.

I wasnt aware of AddressPal USA. Can you envisage any tax issues? Or other problems?

Its potential 300 cheaper in USA

You will also certainty have to pay the import fees plus €10 admin fee on top of the €15.99 AddressPal fee.

You wont have an EU warranty, so Microsoft may not cover you here if any issues.

On the plus side, usually the charger would be an issue because of the 110 voltage, but the surface transformers are 100 to 240 input. So you will just need to change the plugtop to a new lead I think - IEC C7 type.

s-l1000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Davy wrote: »
    You will also certainty have to pay the import fees plus €10 admin fee on top of the €15.99 AddressPal fee.

You wont have an EU warranty, so Microsoft may not cover you here if any issues.

On the plus side, usually the charger would be an issue because of the 110 voltage, but the surface transformers are 100 to 240 input. So you will just need to change the plugtop to a new lead I think - IEC C7 type.

s-l1000.jpg

What woukd the import fees be do you know

Advertisement