Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 30+ Captain

Options
  • 14-06-2020 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Kun for me.

Forgot to put my VC Grealish in the poll. *facepalm*

Your GW 30+ Captain? 131 votes

Aguero (Arse and Bur H)
    64% 85 votes
    KDB (Arse and Bur H)
    16% 22 votes
    Sterling (Arse and Bur H)
    14% 19 votes
    Lundstram (Villa and New H)
    2% 3 votes
    Aubameyang (City and BHA A)
    0% 1 vote
    Rashford (Spurs A)
    0% 1 vote
    Kane (United H)
    0% 0 votes
    Mané (Eve A)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah (Eve A)
    0% 0 votes
    Jiminez (WHU A)
    0% 0 votes
    Abraham (Villa A)
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Currently Aguero, but its all a bit of a gamble this week

I'm gonna triple captain Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Aguero is a high risk, high reward choice here. I’m strongly considering having him and I think if I had him I’d captain him.

But I do kind of think that Gabriel Jesus seems like someone with better natural fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Sterling. He started the season really strongly and could again after this break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Lots going for KDB. I'd captain him if I was certain he's on pens. He took the last one and scored but Aguero wasn't on the pitch so hard to know who's on them.

• Advertisement

Lundstram wrote: »
    Lots going for KDB. I'd captain him if I was certain he's on pens. He took the last one and scored but Aguero wasn't on the pitch so hard to know who's on them.

I totally forgot about the KDB peno aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

KDB for me.

I've KDB/Aguero/Mahrez in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

KDB TC

Enda Stevens.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Enda Stevens.

Get out of it
    Interesting though
    Fair play if you follow through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

KDB the sensible pick but dgwks aren't about being sensible. Captain Kun all the way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

No way I’d pick kun he usually takes a few games to get going after a break,
    Raheem for me

km79 wrote: »
    Get out of it
    Interesting though
    Fair play if you follow through

Honestly.

The City fellas will be rotated, Salah only has one game and Sheffield United have a solid chance of two clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Honestly.

The City fellas will be rotated, Salah only has one game and Sheffield United have a solid chance of two clean sheets.

Why not Lundstram then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Why not Lundstram then?

Lundstram had been dropped in the last few games before lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

No way I’d pick kun he usually takes a few games to get going after a break,
    Raheem for me

He scored 8 goals in the first 6 games this season, I think you are mixing him up with someone else, Kane possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is pea not a strong choice

Pogue eile wrote: »
    He scored 8 goals in the first 6 games this season, I think you are mixing him up with someone else, Kane possibly?

It’s an utter drivel statement.

Can only be construed as some sort of weird double bluff.

Both are great options and I’ll probably go with Aguero myself.

It’s an utter drivel statement.

Can only be construed as some sort of weird double bluff.

Both are great options and I’ll probably go with Aguero myself.

I keep moving between ‘Aguero is great, let’s do it’ and then ‘Aguero is 32, not the most naturally fit and being asked to play 2 games in 5 days, will Pep definitely start him twice?’

I think I’d do it for a cert if I was on a free hit or was wildcsrding soon anyway, but the fixture list really does not let up, so it’s hard for me to see Jesus not starting 30-40% of games.

Fixture list will be strong for everyone so I can see myself gravitating towards people that don’t have strong backup to steal minutes. In terms of strikers I think Kane, Calvert Lewin, Jimenez, Pukki and Samatta are the ones who best fit this bill.

CSF wrote: »
    I keep moving between ‘Aguero is great, let’s do it’ and then ‘Aguero is 32, not the most naturally fit and being asked to play 2 games in 5 days, will Pep definitely start him twice?’

I think I’d do it for a cert if I was on a free hit or was wildcsrding soon anyway, but the fixture list really does not let up, so it’s hard for me to see Jesus not starting 30-40% of games.

Fixture list will be strong for everyone so I can see myself gravitating towards people that don’t have strong backup to steal minutes. In terms of strikers I think Kane, Calvert Lewin, Jimenez, Pukki and Samatta are the ones who best fit this bill.

No doubt Aguero is getting a older but that statement, regarding him needing games, is nonsense.

Pep rotates. Nobody knows how many minutes any of his players will get. I can make arguments that KDB & Sterling will get the most minutes or the least minutes.

I wouldn’t bet a penny on whether Aguero, Jesus or Sterling will get the most minutes.

I think any one of KDB, Sterling or Aguero will be the one to score most this GW.

• Advertisement

No doubt Aguero is getting a older but that statement, regarding him needing games, is nonsense.

Pep rotates. Nobody knows how many minutes any of his players will get. I can make arguments that KDB & Sterling will get the most minutes or the least minutes.

I wouldn’t bet a penny on whether Aguero, Jesus or Sterling will get the most minutes.

I think any one of KDB, Sterling or Aguero will be the one to score most this GW.

Agreed on the Aguero needing games thing being nonsense.

Would you really not put Sterling ahead of Aguero and Jesus for expected minutes? I don’t think I will have Sterling either but I defo would.

CSF wrote: »
    Agreed on the Aguero needing games thing being nonsense.

Would you really not put Sterling ahead of Aguero and Jesus for expected minutes? I don’t think I will have Sterling either but I defo would.

I do.

I reckon most minutes of those attackers most likely to play would be Sterling, KDB, Bilva, Aguero, Mahrez and Jesus. But I still wouldn’t bet a penny on it.

Aguero is capable of out scoring KDB and Sterling even though he is very likely to play the least minutes of the 3.

I own KDB and Aguero but still haven’t decided if Sterling or Mahrez will be my third City player.

I do.

I reckon most minutes of those attackers most likely to play would be Sterling, KDB, Bilva, Aguero, Mahrez and Jesus. But I still wouldn’t bet a penny on it.

Aguero is capable of out scoring KDB and Sterling even though he is very likely to play the least minutes of the 3.

I own KDB and Aguero but still haven’t decided if Sterling or Mahrez will be my third City player.

Think it’s probably just gonna end up being KDB and Laporte (and I’m not even feeling crazy enthused about that one) for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

So he's always back in form after a break, an injury ect ?
    There was one first day referenced above, how many seasons and first days back after injury ect has he had.
    To call my point nonsense, is nonsense.
    But go ahead and pick him it's only my opinion no need to lose your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Tempted to triple captain aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I do.

Sane is available to take minutes off of Sterling now too.I think KDB is the most nailed on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

KDB the sensible pick but dgwks aren't about being sensible. Captain Kun all the way!

If anything had to have gone right for me this season I'd be up for a Sterling captaincy this GW but Aguero it is for me.

As always, I rather appear foolish captaining Aguero and getting nothing, than appear foolish in not captaining him and possibly missing out on a haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Changed from Aguero to KDB, Aguero has more of a chance of missing a game i think

Advertisement