Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options
  • 14-06-2020 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

From his vantage point of the acropolis Hercules surveyed the bustling city below him as apollo charged forth on his chariot and the sun descended into the Aegean. From nowhere our hero heard an indescribable noise, then saw a flash of light and a strange portal opened up before his very eyes, before he had a moment to take it in, a magnetic force pulled him into the portal and down he fell, through space and time.

In another time and place, St Sarahs to be exact a pensive Father Gabriel was reflecting on the events of the last few weeks, everything that had happened, everything he had been part of, he began to wonder if god had ever been there at all, had his calling been real. He heard a sound that was familiar, like sparks from an electrical box overheating, he turned and the tabernacle was gone and in its place a swirling portal of light. He instinctively walked towards it hoping it held the answers he sought, the force of the pull overwhelmed him and down and down he fell.

Simultaneously In South Park CO. on the set of “Jesus and pals” the director screamed cut, Jesus sat back in his chair, threw his eyes up to heaven and wondered aloud if this was the reason he’s been sent back. It couldn’t be, right? At that very moment, he heard what sounded to him like the light at the end of the tunnel, he thought, wouldn't it just be better to go into the light? Go home for a bit and just chill! So when the portal opened up beside him he didn’t hesitate and walked right through.

All three were falling and falling for hours and then suddenly the vortex spit them out; they landed on the ground with a thud and looked around to get their bearings.

Father Gabriel looked at Jesus, and thought here we go again, he’d met more than his share of men claiming to be the son of god, he did not need this right now! On his right he saw a tall striking chiseled man who looked like he'd been carved out of stone, he was dumbstruck by the sight of the man, who sauntered up to him and introduced himself as Hercules. Father Gabriel shook his head and passed out!

Our heroes didn’t have much time to gather themselves as beside where they lay several other portals opened up spitting out individuals, a pretty unremarkable looking bunch as it happens. As people hit the ground and took in their surroundings they began to run. Smart. They didn’t know what kind of place they had come to or who was coming next...

WELCOME TO THE BCU

Roles

The Good:

Hercules - The BG - Hercules can protect one player from a munch each day.If the player he is protecting is attacked Hercules will die defending them.

Father Gabriel - The Priest - Gabriel will get notified of all deaths and the role of the person who died. Gabriel can have an apprentice if he so chooses.

Jesus - The Angel - Each night Jesus can follow a player if the player is targeted for munch, Jesus can find out who targeted the person.

The Bad -

Team 1
    The Night King, White Walker and Viscerion. Will compete with the sk team for N1 munch and will have one kill per night. Any member of the team may place the kill order

Team 2
    Dr Frankenstein - Dr Frankenstein is vulnerable to all manner of attacks. However everyone he kills, he inherits their powers and can use them at his own will.He can not inherit a kill from the opposing evil team even if he kills one of them.

The Monster - Frankenstein's monster follows Dr Frankenstein around but can not inherit powers, if the doctor dies the monster will make the kill orders.

Game Rules

1. When you die, please don’t continue to post or thank posts from the account you were killed in. Dead people can’t talk! The mods will get in touch as soon as we can to sort you out after your untimely demise. The Deadroom and all backrooms will be hosted on Discord. An account will be required to access it; please contact the mods if you need help sorting this.

2. We encourage you all to get as involved as you can and contribute to the game. Try to get a lynch vote as a minimum each day. 2 missed lynch votes may mean a player could be modkilled or replaced by a sub, depending on mod discretion. We will judge each missed vote on a case by case basis. Also, we require you to make a minimum of 5 posts per day, munch to lynch.

3. No cheating. This is a game that requires honesty and relies heavily on the players having integrity. So, as well as any other cheating, no PMing other players and no chatting about the game anywhere off thread while the game is going on. We have provided a deadroom and this is the ONLY safe place where any discussions may take place about this game while it is live. See rule 5 on who to ask for access.

4. All players will receive PMs throughout the game, please no copying and pasting of any PMs that we may or may not have sent you, nor will you be allowed copy and paste anything from any backroom you may or may not have (so dont post about mod PMs or backrooms full stop). If you feel you really need to discuss the content of a PM with the village, please discuss it with the Mods first before discussing any PMs on thread. No sharing your backroom accounts or passwords with anyone. All actions must be done by you and only you.

5. All questions can be sent directly to the game mods if you are unsure about anything. Mods for this game are Baggly,Duffman13 and Triceratops Ballet. Please be patient. To ensure the mods see your query please direct it to the 'WerewolfGM' account.

6. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behavior in the game, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but do not abuse another player or 'get personal' with them. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/Quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed. Generally speaking - Don't be a dick, play in good nature, and if you hate something don't you do it too.

7. This is an anonymous game. Every player has a WW alias to play under and this will be outlined and PMed to you along with any in-game role you may have been given. You must post using this anon account at all times. If you should accidentally post in a wrong account, please see rule 8 for the correct procedure.

8. NO EDITING POSTS. You won’t be able to in your anon account, but if you slip and post in your regular Boards account, don’t delete or edit it. Log back into your anon account, quote the slipped post(s) and announce to the thread that you slipped and that the posts should be attributed to your given anon account, this should be done as soon as possible after the slip. Failure to do so within a timely manner, or repeated slips may be punished.

9. Voting will take place on a separate voting thread here on boards.ie. Final vote tallies will be confirmed after we announce the lynch result, as soon as we can be sure the votes are correct! Please be patient as publishing incorrect data would be worse than any delay. In the event of a tied lynch vote, the last vote cast between the two tied players will decide the lynch. Eg: Paul WW and Stanley WW get 4 votes each but Stanley WW received the last vote, then Stanley WW will be lynched.

10. Have fun guys, we encourage you to have fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such.

11. Game mods reserve the right to modkill a player at any point if it's clear that a player has deliberately threatened the integrity and/or mechanics of the game. By this last resort though, communication will have been made with the player to seek clarification/cessation on their actions.

14. A munch will take place at 10am on Monday 15th of June, with lynch to follow; voting will close at 9pm unless otherwise stated. Lynch results will be announced at 10pm. Between 10pm and 10am there is a posting embargo and no-one except the mods will be permitted to post. This schedule will be followed unless otherwise updated by the mods.

Win Conditions

Village: Eliminate all wolves.
    Non village: Gain parity or better with the village, having eliminated any other teams.

Players

Anonymous sign up
    Barney
    BeakerJoe
    CJ Maxx
    Drumpot
    Ectoplasm
    FixXxer
    Hello 2d Person Below
    JohnGreenFan
    Lady Skunk
    MacDanger
    Necro
    sKeith
    Tritium
    Whiplashy
    Yossarian

Anon Accounts

Abigail WW
    Barbara WW
    Derry WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Jake WW
    Katie WW
    Lucy WW
    Nigel WW
    Patrick WW
    Senan WW
    Steve WW
    Vernon WW

UPDATE

The nrv pm is as follows.

Hi XXX Welcome to Boards Werewolf: BCU. You have been assigned the role of NRV - Alignment good. Your anon details are Username: XXX WW Password: XXX Enjoy the game, Regards, The Mods
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

All PMs have been sent out. The game is now live. Enjoy!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

4132179.png?388

Two posts and no words...

769191062_orig.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

afternoon folks

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    afternoon folks

Is it good though Nigel ?

I know things will pick up but sometimes it’s nice to arrive and you’ve only missed a person mostly talking to themselves.

Game mod

Please note the OP has been updated.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

tenor.gif?itemid=12144219

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Two posts and no words...

769191062_orig.gif

Barbara wins for first use of Salem. Fair play barbara.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Players
    1. Anonymous sign up
    2. Barney
    3. BeakerJoe
    4. CJ Maxx
    5. Drumpot
    6. Ectoplasm
    7. FixXxer
    8. Hello 2d Person Below
    9. JohnGreenFan
    10. Lady Skunk
    11. MacDanger
    12. Necro
    13. sKeith
    14. Tritium
    15. Whiplashy
    16. Yossarian

Anon Accounts
    1. Abigail WW
    2. Barbara WW
    3. Derry WW
    4. Emily WW
    5. Eva WW
    6. Fiona WW
    7. Frank WW
    8. Holly WW
    9. Isla WW
    10. Jake WW
    11. Katie WW
    12. Lucy WW
    13. Nigel WW
    14. Patrick WW
    15. Senan WW
    16. Steve WW
    17. Vernon WW

Player count = 16
    Anon account count = 17

More anon accounts than players.

One player double accounting is possible, or a first out back in situation.

• Advertisement

Senan WW wrote: »

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Anyone know what BCU stands for?

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Is it good though Nigel ?

I know things will pick up but sometimes it’s nice to arrive and you’ve only missed a person mostly talking to themselves.

it'll pick up later. lots are prob hungover!

so is tonight night 1?

Isla WW wrote: »
    Anyone know what BCU stands for?

something something universe. i think its just the universe this game is set in

Baggly Cinematic Universe

Ahem.... Boards combined universe....

i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Will compete with the sk team for N1 munch

keep your eyes peeled for anything that looks like a task

Tough crowd today. Admittedly I was being lazy too, video games speaking to me and whatnot

So who else is in a backroom?

So who else is in a backroom?

Mod

This will carry a penalty. Rule 4

• Advertisement

Sugar.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Evening all. I was out enjoying the not so fine weather today hence my absence, but I don't seem to have missed much.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Evening all. I was out enjoying the not so fine weather today hence my absence, but I don't seem to have missed much.

I've been trying so hard to get some activity going that I've earned myself a punishment.

I've been trying so hard to get some activity going that I've earned myself a punishment.

Your dedication is noted Barbara! I'm sure it'll pick up tomorrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Good evening all. I've had an unexpectedly busy day. It appears I'm not the only one. Looking forward to the game. It seems like it's going to be an interesting one from the OP

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Hello 2d people above.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

I must applaud the theme, original yet nostalgic.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Well, good morning all :) nice to see Barbara coming out swinging!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Senan WW wrote: »

What is Salem?

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    What is Salem?

:)

Advertisement