Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    Defend myself from what Nigel?

from me trying to organise everyone to vote for you

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    from me trying to organise everyone to vote for you

I mean, I think you might have to give people a reason to vote for me if you are to organise them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Had a peek through Senan's ISO. Not seeing it tbh, they've been engaging the thread when they're about, and not just with fluff either tbf to them

These three posts in particular have me leaning good on them if I'm honest...
    You did quote me Frank but it isn't clear that the question is just for me. It's hardly a question that only I would know the answer to.

And as has been pointed out you went past Jake and straight for Holly for some reason. You also ignored Eva's answer of "our benevolent overlord", although this admittedly would not have helped you work out who Salem actually is.
    Just on this we'd have to be careful about the SK's power on this front too. His power tells him when he kills a roled villager so he would be able to claim that role too, perhaps. Although the priest if still alive would know they are lying. It may be something to consider late in the game.
    On this, there have been a few games where there have been channels of communication between baddie teams. It is up to each baddie team as to how they might use it. Quite possible it is in play here as I don't think it has been for a while and a number of these roles are throwbacks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

nothing really. i may have over reacted with you earlier. time will tell i guess

Even Nigel knows I'm village.

I mean, I think you might have to give people a reason to vote for me if you are to organise them.

no one has a proper reason to vote anyone tonight. so why not just all vote for you? thats was my logic

• Advertisement

no one has a proper reason to vote anyone tonight. so why not just all vote for you? thats was my logic

And that's fine, if you hadn't said to Lucy not an hour ago...

no, you vote for you think is a wolf.

thats a dodge post IMO

BeneficialPointedGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

Well, I think most people are going to vote for someone because they either have a gut feeling or they don't like a post someone made. If anyone votes for me because you say why not vote for Senan I'd be very suspicious of them.

Holly WW wrote: »
    And that's fine, if you hadn't said to Lucy not an hour ago...

BeneficialPointedGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

look, i'm just free styling here to see what happens. there'll be contradictions, and i may end up getting the deadener. but we gotta find some baddies so *shrugs

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    God that is so bloody annoying Derry.

You put me on an FFA and then right below me you place Jake for reasons I literally pointed out a while back.

Well it’s day1 I’m not exactly going to have much to make links at this point

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

so this is what people are referring to (i took out some of the incorrectly used quote tags. go back to post #211).

jake takes the wishes at face value, frank asking for a gun. and he would use it on barbara as she was going hard after him, so revenge?

was barbara going hard after frank?

jake, why would frank shoot barbara?

Purely on a revenge basis, i was in the middle of 17 work error messages & was reading thread while waiting on systems to refresh, so was a bit distracted & rushed posting it.

It was full of what ifs. At the moment I am not sure on how village Babs actually is.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Well, Holly copied me.

well she started it ....

• Advertisement

I've gotta shoot off for an hour folks, hopefully be back before lynch

Well, I think most people are going to vote for someone because they either have a gut feeling or they don't like a post someone made. If anyone votes for me because you say why not vote for Senan I'd be very suspicious of them.

Very defensive Senan...

Why shouldn't we vote for you, what have you brought to the picnic table?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

I like Nigel.

Wont be lynching him.

I see self voting. Stupid stupid stupid

Emily WW wrote: »
    I like Nigel.

Wont be lynching him.

I see self voting. Stupid stupid stupid

Why do you like Nigel and why is self voting stupid?

Can you clarify who believes Babs is not a wolf, the quoting has confused me.

Jake sayS
    Babs is really is going hard on Frank. She would be an obvious target when Frank decides to take aim, but would also increase the wolfiness of him.

But that’s only true if babs is village. How could jake be sure if that?

Very odd post from Jake and now they've voted to lynch me.

My own read on Derry is that he may be trying to paint someone in a bad light by accusing them of assuming Babs is not a wolf.

From my own reasoning I believe Babs, based on her play this morning, to potentially be rustling trees and seeking reactions. Im not discounting that shes a wolf, but I think thus far shes less likely to be a wolf.

so Derry, why would it be wrong for Jake to feel the same? I dont feel anyone knows Babs isnt a wolf, or implying it yet, people are dealing with absolutes yet, merely probabilities and hunches.

Feeling is one thing, making certain statements is another

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

thats a dodge post IMO

TBH, the people I'd have top of my list are all based on them doing "tasks" but there's not much takers for that theory.

I do take the point that a wolf is unlikely to have zero posts though so I may revisit my Vernon vote

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Jake sayS

But that’s only true if babs is village. How could jake be sure if that?

That's what I and others asked earlier. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But sometimes it can be the sign of a wolf.

Something that jumps out at me from the OP.
    The Monster - Frankenstein's monster follows Dr Frankenstein around

How do people follow each other around on a message board?

I'd say by imitating posts, repeating the same points etc. Should that be something we should be looking at?

But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

• Advertisement

source.gif

I'm not crazy about Nigel's proposal of a Chinese Fire Drill, whether it's against Senan or anyone else. Wolf tactic imo. Is he trying to take the (lukewarm) heat off of a teammate? Frank maybe?

JAKE

mammal_gray-wolf_600x300.ashx

Steve WW wrote: »
    That's what I and others asked earlier. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But sometimes it can be the sign of a wolf.

Well done, have they actually given a reasonable answer yet.
    1 If not why not
    2 if not why doesn’t that seem to bother you too much

Very defensive Senan...

Why shouldn't we vote for you, what have you brought to the picnic table?

If people have a reason other than "Nigel said why not" I'd welcome them at least coming up with ideas. That is why I specifically said that I'd be suspicious if someone voted for me without any other reason.

What did this mean Barbara? Everyone seemed to ignore it. Just a joke eh?
    So who else is in a backroom?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

at the very least, we may get some good wagonomics from tonight's lynch.

i might even vote Eva.

thats a dodge post IMO
    night 1, nothing to go on. random choice, higher chance of hitting a villager.
    i think we should CFD onto senan!!

is it too early to call it a CFD?

CFD: Chinese fire drill. when everyone (or a good few) just randomly change their lynch vote
    why not senan?
    i just picked him randomly. was hoping he might pop on and defend himself and gauge his reaction.
    fukkit. think i might vote for holly
    nothing really. i may have over reacted with you earlier. time will tell i guess
    look, i'm just free styling here to see what happens. there'll be contradictions, and i may end up getting the deadener. but we gotta find some baddies so *shrugs

Trying to follow Nigel's train of thought for the previous hour

D6ZzsvIXkAAh5by?format=jpg&name=900x900

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Good evening all. I've had an unexpectedly busy day. It appears I'm not the only one. Looking forward to the game. It seems like it's going to be an interesting one from the OP
    Hello 2d people above.

Not comfortable with this interraction. Is this an indicator that Emily knows Abigail's usual username and how would she know it?

Steve WW wrote: »
    What did this mean Barbara? Everyone seemed to ignore it. Just a joke eh?

Yes, for which I will be punished.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    Well done, have they actually given a reasonable answer yet.
    1 If not why not
    2 if not why doesn’t that seem to bother you too much

1. No
    2. I already said I might vote for Jake based on it.

Advertisement