Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Has anyone got much more than gut feel at the moment?

No but some people are trying to put theories together, analyse posts, etc. Between your posting patterns yesterday and two "gut feel" votes, my gut feel about you isn't good!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Have to agree here, this really feels like Abigail is just popping for the sake of being seen.

Leaving my vote on Senan for now to see if he'll make an appearance but I think Abigail will be where I'm looking tonight.

Well you'll be looking in the wrong direction then.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    No but some people are trying to put theories together, analyse posts, etc. Between your posting patterns yesterday and two "gut feel" votes, my gut feel about you isn't good!

You're guts not very reliable then

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

...well, yeah.
    We're posting, hashing out theories, looking for responses to answers. I've got good feelings about my list I posted earlier.

Your gameplay so far has consisted basically of hello, I'll be back later, here's my vote 'for now' but I'll be back later, yeah I still don't know but sure look the rest of you find the wolves there and I'll be back later. Here's an early vote for no reason so village don't lynch me, but in the meantime, I'll be back later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I'm responsible for 25% of the posts in this thread and you want me to be at the behest of someone with barely 1/4 of my posts?

Why don't you interrogate some of your fellow slackers?

You're acting like Jaskier the Bard from The Witcher Game.:D

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I'm sure we'll manage to shoulder your mammoth workload between us.

I'd love you to prove me wrong, but right now you're playing into my two favourite wolfie features and I grow more confident that you're a wolf with every post

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Abigail WW wrote:

Abigail WW wrote:
    You're guts not very reliable then

This isn't going to help change people's opinions on you Abi...

You've a gut feel on Frank and Senan. Why? Is there something in their posts or is it just that we've been discussing them and you've hopped aboard the train of thought running through the village.

I'm not being obtuse btw, help me see where you're coming from

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Ive a lot of small, mostly weak reads. Nothing to scrutinise since we have no info to work off.

The priest needs to think about a reveal at some point in the game, obviously. But when is the key. Too early and hes got small info..... on the flip side he needs to make sure hes not killed while he is patient.

Good luck priest.

Frank for me is a small weak evil lean, based off his reaction to Babs rustling yday. Ill stick with him for my vote for now.

I hate no auto priest.

Steve WW wrote: »

Lots of posts , not much substance. Youre as valuable as anyone at this point. Your post count means very little.

You could be a loud, brazen evil.

Im leaning not , but im really far from sure

• Advertisement

I'm sure we'll manage to shoulder your mammoth workload between us.

A reminder roled villagers can have low post counts too. Not just wolves.

Players behind in the game or busy in real life can vote late too. Or folks who change their mind. Not just wolves.

Think about that

Emily WW wrote: »

I hate no auto priest.

I've never played without it before but it really makes everything a lot more difficult. Won't take it for granted again!

I don't like Nigel or Abigail for reasons stated previously by myself and others. I'll have a look back at Frank's and Emily's posts, because there was something I didn't like about them in first read. I don't know what to make of Barbara. The others...meh.

Off for my dinner, back later.

Lots of posts , not much substance. Youre as valuable as anyone at this point. Your post count means very little.

You could be a loud, brazen evil.

Im leaning not , but im really far from sure

Nonsense. I've given you one of the wolves and you don't believe me.

Nothing I say will appease you.

Now, actually do some work and stop leaching off me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Gut was jumping with some of Steves last posts so dug deeper to see how i feel after an iso.

Did Barbara admit to being in a backroom? I suppose no one could be that blazen/careless
    Barbara going after Frank like a dog with a bone
    Barbara: Posting Spartacus and Salem pics, bit tasky. Senan congratulated her on being the first to post a pic of Salem, I'm not sure why. Barbara just seems to messing, probably TWTBAW, but could be wolf in plain sight.
    I get the feeling you're not taking this game very seriously...hmm, I wonder why. I don't think there are any bards in this game, but I'll read the OP again.:)
    What did this mean Barbara? Everyone seemed to ignore it. Just a joke eh?
    I think Barbara feels infallible. Being protected? I meant 'invincible' I suppose
    . Barbara's "who else is in a backroom?" post...
    Barbara is a bit of a distraction, but not really hindering the village imo. Low village posters hinder more. Thread would be dying without her
    The priest would only know if I died. My lawyer has told me not to answer that question
    Doesn't really have to name anyone, but I'm the only reasonable candidate so far. Or possibly Barbara, if the priest has discovered Jake was a wolf
    I think if Jake was a wolf, then Barbara might be a good choice for apprentice
    Post a pic of someone with a beard then post a number one hit song in first two posts, half an hour apart or so.
    Barbara and Holly did so.
    Mention Salem The Cat
    Senan, Barbara, Holly, Frank did so
    But why would Barbara follow non-poster Patrick? That would be a huge stroke of luck to find a wolf
    It's obvious why. Barbara explained. What if the priest is already dead(Jake/Patrick) via wolf team 1 without choosing an apprentice? That means we'll never know any roles until the end?
    Well spotted. I'm getting a bit tired of some of Barbara's evasion tactics. And I can't forget her "Who else is in a backroom?" post from early on
    How did you know Jake was a wolf?
    Those evasion tactics

I think BG saved a bogey.

I have read some of the most likely villager stuff from some of you, but find a wolf, lynch a wolf.

I've never played without it before but it really makes everything a lot more difficult. Won't take it for granted again!

I find you have to rely on your gut more and good wolves make it harder to find a wolf.

A reminder roled villagers can have low post counts too. Not just wolves.

Players behind in the game or busy in real life can vote late too. Or folks who change their mind. Not just wolves.

Think about that
    Are you still here?

You're like Woody Woodpecker.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Steve WW wrote: »

I have no idea what that means.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Isla WW wrote:
    I have read some of the most likely villager stuff from some of you, but find a wolf, lynch a wolf.

Huh? Steve is most definitely not on one wolf team, he could be on the other but that's why he is less likely to be evil than others....

Isla WW wrote: »
    Gut was jumping with some of Steves last posts so dug deeper to see how i feel after an iso.

I think BG saved a bogey.

I'm not saying you're wrong but like Holly says, we've a fairly good idea that Steve isn't on one of the wolf teams but obviously could be on the other. That's more than we can say for anyone else still alive.

I do find it odd that he was protected though, I couldn't find anything in his posts which would indicate he was a RV. If Hercules wasn't sure, he should just have protected nobody and then he'd still be alive.

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    Huh? Steve is most definitely not on one wolf team, he could be on the other but that's why he is less likely to be evil than others....

Agreed Holly and Isla that wall of text ISO is impossible to make out, can you repost it if you think there's something of value there?

Lucy WW wrote: »
    I'm not saying you're wrong but like Holly says, we've a fairly good idea that Steve isn't on one of the wolf teams but obviously could be on the other. That's more than we can say for anyone else still alive.

I do find it odd that he was protected though, I couldn't find anything in his posts which would indicate he was a RV. If Hercules wasn't sure, he should just have protected nobody and then he'd still be alive.

One for one is not a bad outcome. With an angel in play, the wolves will not be targeting anyone predictable. Its also possible, that Hercules was forced to make protections every night, under a Hercules honorable thing to do type rule, and if no protect was chosen, then the protect would be randed.

Isla WW wrote: »
    One for one is not a bad outcome. With an angel in play, the wolves will not be targeting anyone predictable. Its also possible, that Hercules was forced to make protections every night, under a Hercules honorable thing to do type rule, and if no protect was chosen, then the protect would be randed.

It's possible but the OP doesn't read that way to me, he "can" protect rather than "must" or something:

Hercules - The BG - Hercules can protect one player from a munch each day.If the player he is protecting is attacked
    Hercules will die defending them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

giphy.gif

Agreed Holly and Isla that wall of text ISO is impossible to make out, can you repost it if you think there's something of value there?

That wall of text the parts of Steve's posts that I found interesting.
    It s not all of Steve's posts, you can do your own ISO for that, but what I focused in on in isolation and was able to base my read on.

A wall of quotes out of context with no reasoning or explanation is not really an ISO. I did an ISO of myself earlier which was more detailed.

From out of nowhere from a poster who I haven't interracted with at all, I'm being declared a wolf and put up as a suggestion to be lynched.

Bit strange to say the least. Isla, welcome to my 'keep an eye on' list.

Also like to point out that Isla cherry-picked the quotes to suit her 'narrative' although what is the narrative? Do explain.

I agree that I was a waste of a protect by the way. I'm a normal villager with no powers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Wolves ALWAYS make moves in the last 10/15 minutes.
    Wolves make moves.

Not ALL WOLVES make moves.

Emily told me to think before I post earlier, I'd offer you the same advice.

At least I've actually contributed to the thread and actually kept this thing afloat. Without me the mods would probably have subbed most of ye out if not pull the plug on the game altogether.

To be fair here Barbara you did say wolves always make moves, not wolves usually make moves in the last 10/15 minutes. Wolves always making moves implies that all wolves make moves towards the end.

I'd actually contend that for the most part wolves are less likely to move around at the very end (unless a teammate is in danger). They know what is going on and so can plan their lynches out. Also, wolves usually try to coordinate who is voting for who and that can be messy leaving it late and means they all have to be online at the end. Villagers don't really know what is going on so are more likely to change their mind later.

Senan WW wrote: »
    To be fair here Barbara you did say wolves always make moves, not wolves usually make moves in the last 10/15 minutes. Wolves always making moves implies that all wolves make moves towards the end.

I'd actually contend that for the most part wolves are less likely to move around at the very end (unless a teammate is in danger). They know what is going on and so can plan their lynches out. Also, wolves usually try to coordinate who is voting for who and that can be messy leaving it late and means they all have to be online at the end. Villagers don't really know what is going on so are more likely to change their mind later.

Fair points.

• Advertisement

Senan WW wrote: »

Not even remotely.

Advertisement