Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Also like to point out that Isla cherry-picked the quotes to suit her 'narrative' although what is the narrative? Do explain.

I agree that I was a waste of a protect by the way. I'm a normal villager with no powers.

I pooled your sentences of interest together, in order.

I cherry pick your quotes, true, but in sequence, as they were played out on thread, by you.

I did not distort your words, they are your words and narrative, as you have posted over the game, that is, your progression.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    At the moment I'm leaning towards voting Senan or Frank tonight. Nothing concrete to go on, just gut feel. I'm putting in a vote for Senan for now, so I don't end up getting accused of being a wolf for voting in the last 15 mins. Hoping to have something more solid pop up to change my vote later.

Wonderbarr, I come back to 'gut feel'. At least say it is because I haven't posted yet.

Putting in a vote now so you aren't accused of being a wolf, but say you are hoping to change it later. Do you think wolves are more likely to change their votes later?

Also, why do you hope to have something more solid to change your vote later? Surely you'd may find something more solid to vote for me?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I think the BG should always choose someone to protect, if they have any kind of read at all. It's hard luck that I was attacked and she died.

Isla WW wrote: »
    I pooled your sentences of interest together, in order.

I cherry pick your quotes, true, but in sequence, as they were played out on thread, by you.

I did not distort your words, they are your words and narrative, as you have posted over the game, that is, your progression.

So what does it all mean?

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Not even remotely.

So what exactly do you mean by this?

"Wolves ALWAYS make moves in the last 10/15 minutes."

a) Some wolves make moves in the last 10/15 minutes
    b) All wolves make moves in the last 10/15 minutes
    c) Some people who make moves in the last 10/15 minutes, with those changing more likely to be wolves
    d) Some people who make moves in the last 10/15 minutes, with those changing less likely to be wolves
    e) All people who make moves in the last 10/15 minutes are wolves
    f) Other - please describe what you meant if none of the above

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Senan WW wrote: »

c) Some people who make moves in the last 10/15 minutes, with those changing more likely to be wolves
    d) Some people who make moves in the last 10/15 minutes, with those changing less likely to be wolves

At least one wolf makes a move.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Wonderbarr, I come back to 'gut feel'. At least say it is because I haven't posted yet.

Putting in a vote now so you aren't accused of being a wolf, but say you are hoping to change it later. Do you think wolves are more likely to change their votes later?

Also, why do you hope to have something more solid to change your vote later? Surely you'd may find something more solid to vote for me?

If course I'm going to hope that I have something more solid to go on by lynch. I want to lynch an evil. I've nothing concrete telling me you are so I'd be more than happy to change my vote based on something more than a gut feel.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

I think the BG should always choose someone to protect, if they have any kind of read at all. It's hard luck that I was attacked and she died.

If it's a normal BG then yes, if it's a BG that dies protecting someone as in this case, then they should be sure (i.e. priest or angel) of who they're protecting

If course I'm going to hope that I have something more solid to go on by lynch. I want to lynch an evil. I've nothing concrete telling me you are so I'd be more than happy to change my vote based on something more than a gut feel.

But my issue is with you saying you hope to find something more solid to change your vote. It is as if you don't actually want to vote for me, or else you would said have I hope to have something more concrete to justify lynching me or anyone else. I would like you to lynch an evil too, but I was worried by your post saying you were hoping to find something to change your vote.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Ara Senan, nice to see you. Any thoughts about the three votes on your bedraggled self?

• Advertisement

At least one wolf makes a move.

Barbara - Frank 11.09, Barbara 18.53, Jake 19.40
    Holly - Jake 18.21
    Emily - Frank 18.27
    Lucy - Vernon 18.51, Fiona 20.22
    Fiona - Vernon 19.22
    Jake - Barbara 19.34
    Derry - Jake 19.59
    Steve - Nigel 20.08
    Senan - Eva 20.15

Those Voting in last 10/15 minutes

Abigail - Emily 20.46
    Eva - Fiona 20.46
    Nigel - Jake 20.53
    Isla - Eva 20.54

So who are you thinking was the wolf and the SK team member amongst the bunch there. Because there are two teams do you think that one from each side voted in the last 15 minutes?

I'm suspicious enough of Abigail anyway.

Emily ISO, because I had an inkling.
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Hello 2d people above.

This was the weirdest post to Abigail.
    Judging from the thread, Barbara has been rattling Frank.

Frank is now pointing at her to he tasky?.

Franks retaliation may be tit for tat. Babs may be rusttling trees and getting a response. Very little to work with thus far but if voting was now, Id vote frank.

Early days though
    Im a great shout to be lynched.

Im picking Frank. I have to pick someone, which I dislike doing on day 1 cause its a crap shoot. I feel Babs rustled the tree's for reactions and he got a a bit defensive.

Nothing wrong with being defensive, it doesnt mean hes a wolf. But hes as good as anyone on day 1.

Frank, sell me on not lynching you. Maybe sell me on lynching Babs?
    My own read on Derry is that he may be trying to paint someone in a bad light by accusing them of assuming Babs is not a wolf.

From my own reasoning I believe Babs, based on her play this morning, to potentially be rustling trees and seeking reactions. Im not discounting that shes a wolf, but I think thus far shes less likely to be a wolf.

so Derry, why would it be wrong for Jake to feel the same? I dont feel anyone knows Babs isnt a wolf, or implying it yet, people are dealing with absolutes yet, merely probabilities and hunches.
    Gee, I may jump to Derry from Frank. Obviously plenty of time for Frank to make me feel better about him, also plenty of time for Derry to explain his posts thus far a bit better.

Day one folks. Sadly its a tough day to pick a lynchee as there is little evidence of a wolf yet.

So right now Im still on Frank, just. Only he and Derry make me uneasy right now, but its a low bar. Nevertheless, lets see what happens until 9.

Voted for Frank immediately after this post, a bit quickly, but consistent throughout.
    I like Nigel.

Wont be lynching him.

I see self voting. Stupid stupid stupid

Not sure why Emily likes Nigel.
    To be fair, its day one where would you suggest he votes if he doesnt have a clear read?

Defending Nigel.

An argument with Barbara. I agree with a lot of what Emily says...
    No, I could read your play as a wolf move. Happy with how the votes lie and trying to scaremonger vote changing.

So no, its not a complete wolf move. People can change votes whenever, scrutinise their rationale not their action
    I think youd make an awful choice.
    Hinting at a role Babs?
    Explain how? Ill wait here
    Just for clarity ny read on Babs is that shes a gung ho nrv, whos play is hindering the village.

Please stop and think before posting Babs
    Youre nailing people on as wolves without a decent read, let alone a bit of proof. Its not helping anyone.

You cant be sure anyone is a wolf, yet you are.
    I will say that may be true that low posters can be unhelpful. But Babs is just throwing out accustions without any decent rationle.

I get it, she THINKS jake is a wolf. Fine, lets move on. Constantly banging on about it doesnt help us, esp when shes clearly guessing
    You were appearing to hint at a role.

I never pushed you to reveal.

Heres a tip, dont hint at a role if you dont want folk to question youre role.
    So, on a 1 to 100, how much do you think Abis a wolf?

Are you open to changing your vote?

Besides her vote, anything else you feel wolfy about Abi?

Anyone else on your wold radar, and why?
    So you dont want to actually contribute, you just fancy throwing out wild, currently baseless statements.

Jake is a wolf, sure tell us why?

If youre roled, which Im betting your not, why put it out there and put a target on your back.

If youre village, which I lean you are, its not helping yhe village as its a lie.

If youre a wolf, which I currently doubt, well..... youre a baddie and I can see why youd say such statements.

Abi is a wolf, just because she voted late..... villagers can vote late, it doesnt make her a nailed on wolf.

And pestering you is my current contribution. Currently we have no info to work off to point us in the right direction. So this is what Im doing for now. Do you not like being accountable for your posts?
    Why not? If you have reads, leans or most likely more baseless theories, you should share.
    136 posts just suggests you waffleed 136 times. I knew you hadnt any substance to any of your posts, now everyone else knows.

Ill move on from you and I suggest folk ignore youre baselss posts. Good day

Fair points...
    One thing we have to beware of is the preist picking a wolf as an apprentice. We need to he mindful of any priest claims
    Ive a lot of small, mostly weak reads. Nothing to scrutinise since we have no info to work off.

The priest needs to think about a reveal at some point in the game, obviously. But when is the key. Too early and hes got small info..... on the flip side he needs to make sure hes not killed while he is patient.

Good luck priest.

Frank for me is a small weak evil lean, based off his reaction to Babs rustling yday. Ill stick with him for my vote for now.

I hate no auto priest.

Still consistently picking Frank.
    Lots of posts , not much substance. Youre as valuable as anyone at this point. Your post count means very little.

You could be a loud, brazen evil.

Im leaning not , but im really far from sure

This last was directed at me I think? Or did she mistake me for Barbara?

Nothing really stands out as wolfy, so I've changed my mind about Emily.

Lucy WW wrote: »
    If it's a normal BG then yes, if it's a BG that dies protecting someone as in this case, then they should be sure (i.e. priest or angel) of who they're protecting

Fair point, but I think at the start with so many players they'd be unlucky to choose to the one player who was attacked.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Had a peek through Senan's ISO. Not seeing it tbh, they've been engaging the thread when they're about, and not just with fluff either tbf to them

These three posts in particular have me leaning good on them if I'm honest...

If you click into this post you will see that I had a light town read on Senan yesterday (This was after Nigel suggested a CFD onto him).

Now the thing about this is that Senan never really responded and I felt he was coasting based on that yesterday...

However he reappears and I like him again, not gonna lie. These few posts, quality over quantity seems to be his game.
    To be fair here Barbara you did say wolves always make moves, not wolves usually make moves in the last 10/15 minutes. Wolves always making moves implies that all wolves make moves towards the end.

I'd actually contend that for the most part wolves are less likely to move around at the very end (unless a teammate is in danger). They know what is going on and so can plan their lynches out. Also, wolves usually try to coordinate who is voting for who and that can be messy leaving it late and means they all have to be online at the end. Villagers don't really know what is going on so are more likely to change their mind later.

Barbara - Frank 11.09, Barbara 18.53, Jake 19.40
    Holly - Jake 18.21
    Emily - Frank 18.27
    Lucy - Vernon 18.51, Fiona 20.22
    Fiona - Vernon 19.22
    Jake - Barbara 19.34
    Derry - Jake 19.59
    Steve - Nigel 20.08
    Senan - Eva 20.15

Those Voting in last 10/15 minutes

Abigail - Emily 20.46
    Eva - Fiona 20.46
    Nigel - Jake 20.53
    Isla - Eva 20.54

So who are you thinking was the wolf and the SK team member amongst the bunch there. Because there are two teams do you think that one from each side voted in the last 15 minutes?

I'm suspicious enough of Abigail anyway.

I just want MORE of this!!!

As it stands I'll probably be switching to Abi or Frank this evening, I think they are a better shout for a wolf if I'm honest than Senan is

Ara Senan, nice to see you. Any thoughts about the three votes on your bedraggled self?

I believe Eva's is still based on me being defensive last night, coupled with my late show today. I don't really get the defensiveness argument at the time of their vote but at least it is something.

Abigail I am suspicious of because they specifically said they hoped to find something more solid to change their vote, which to me implied they wouldn't think they'd find anything solid about me.

You from what I've seen put it on my to get me active which I don't really have a problem with.

If you click into this post you will see that I had a light town read on Senan yesterday (This was after Nigel suggested a CFD onto him).

Now the thing about this is that Senan never really responded and I felt he was coasting based on that yesterday...

However he reappears and I like him again, not gonna lie. These few posts, quality over quantity seems to be his game.

I just want MORE of this!!!

As it stands I'll probably be switching to Abi or Frank this evening, I think they are a better shout for a wolf if I'm honest than Senan is

I didn't think there was much to respond to, to be honest. I would have just been agreeing that I'm not a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I believe Eva's is still based on me being defensive last night, coupled with my late show today. I don't really get the defensiveness argument at the time of their vote but at least it is something.

Abigail I am suspicious of because they specifically said they hoped to find something more solid to change their vote, which to me implied they wouldn't think they'd find anything solid about me.

You from what I've seen put it on my to get me active which I don't really have a problem with.

I already explained what I meant about hopefully having something more concrete to go on yet you insist on trying to sell a different scenario...

Frank ISO, because I had an inkling.
    Frank WW wrote: »
    Well, good morning all :) nice to see Barbara coming out swinging!
    What is Salem?
    Holly answering questions not asked of her...

*makes note*
    Oh I have A4 pads for days my friends, for daaaaaaaaaaays

Nothing much here, but I'm not sure what the last post is all about.
    A nobody who let slip about a back room and yet still survived a munch.

Is Francis me by the way?

Response to Barbara and her backroom 'slip'.
    That was kinda my point old bean. I don't think a wolf comes straight out of the blocks and throws a vote on me though.

Undecided for now.
    This is good logical reasoning

Response to Lucy's reasoning that top three posters at beginning of thread (Barbara, Holly, Nigel) before munch were tasking.
    Maybe not volume, but the point would be to post. Thats the point after all, risk vs reward. Would make sense to eliminate a no poster as well to give us nothing to go on.

Talking about 'don't post at all' tasking. Follows with some stuff about Barbara looking tasky.
    Team 1
    The Night King, White Walker and Viscerion. Will compete with the sk team for N1 munch and will have one kill per night. Any member of the team may place the kill order

Team 2
    Dr Frankenstein - Dr Frankenstein is vulnerable to all manner of attacks. However everyone he kills, he inherits their powers and can use them at his own will.He can not inherit a kill from the opposing evil team even if he kills one of them.

The Monster - Frankenstein's monster follows Dr Frankenstein around but can not inherit powers, if the doctor dies the monster will make the kill orders.

So kill this morning must have been Dr. Frankenstein. So the competing kill ia for tonight, so tasks still very much in play at the moment. Who's been looking tasky?

Barbara? But again, so obvious that it seems TWTBAW.
    Thats not exactly what I said though is it? I qualified it with Babs looking TWTBAW.

This is a tasky post, following Isla's 'wish'...
    i wish for a bullet and a gun and to hit my target

Reasoning:
    I saw Isla doing it and I wanted in :)
    Babs you're being daft as a brush if you vote for me.

Or at least gimme the bullet points so I can defend myself.
    Gimme the

A)
    B)
    C)

or

1)
    2)
    3)

of why I'm a bad un.

Missed vote...
    Yeah, that was me who missed. Sorrys mods IRL got in the way big time. I accept any punishments
    Well thats a lot to catch up on. Either Derry or Fiona the BG. Odds are hey protected a villager but we cant clear steve just yet.

Questioning Barbara's suggestion that Fiona was definitely Hercules the BG...
    Is it? How so?

Nothing wolfy from Frank that I can see, other than the missed vote, which is arguably less wolfy as you'd think a wolf would be sure to vote. Who knows. In fact, I feel like Barbara comes across as more wolfy in their exchanges and I'm wondering why Emily decided to vote for Frank at all yesterday now. I have no suspicions of Frank after a read.

Abigail has 5 posts.

Not gone on the first one, very over-explainy. It's a Sunday, people are busy, so be it.

The other 4 posts are ok though, seems like a running train of thought very flowy and not forced.

STOOPID read of the day: The bolded line in her last post makes me read her village

So again Abi got ISOed yesterday and as I said, STOOPID read of the day had me reading her lightly as a villager. From then we have the rest of her posts...
    Guys my apologies. My backs ****ed and I took strong painkillers and forgot about the game. I'm 3 hours behind and won't be caught up by lynch deadline. I've stuck in a vote on Emily. Just want to explain myself incase I've missed some massive reveal and am voting like an idiot.

Response in relation to her vote. *Shrugs* Seems genuine tbh, not that a wolf can't have back issues I guess.

RL stuff aside the bolded part is again in that over-explainy way that I dunno, feels forced? Wolves have a hard time picking their targets normally, to pick and gnaw at their posts like villagers do, this sort of, kind of feels like that.
    It was gut feel. Not much else to go on for the first lynch.

Yeah again, gut feel. They can't explain it, it's what I was trying to get her to today. That's fine.... but...
    I wasn't very active yesterday but I did post a few times before that.
    Why me?

First signs of defensiveness here. Defensiveness in itself is grand but when it's mostly what your posts are about it becomes an issue
    Am I missing something obvious here? Why are people presuming Fiona was good. Is there a reason why Derry couldn't have been the good one. Without autopriest it would seem unwise to be jumping to conclusions because our perceptions of who was the good villager can influence how we perceive those who interacted with them.
    Also would tell the wolves who the priest is though

Flavour chat and priest talk. Easy way to get post count up, some decent observations too tbf.
    There wasn't one thing in particular. Just reads more like a villager to me today

This post is one I have a problem with. It's wolfy, not for its content but there is no attempt to expand on WHY Emily was wolfy yesterday and now village today. Just 'reads more like a villager'. As I said, wolves have a problem trying to pick at things to make a villager seem wolfy when they know it's lies. This feels like this. Trying not to rouse Emily's attentions by pocketing her as well.
    Has anyone got much more than gut feel at the moment?
    Well you'll be looking in the wrong direction then.
    You're guts not very reliable then

The rest is just defensive. On about gut feel when they could be expanding on their thoughts.

My stoopid read yesterday is looking pretty bloody stoopid today :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Has Emily been ISO'd?

• Advertisement

Has Emily been ISO'd?

I only looked at her 4 posts yesterday tbh, in the post below (click on blue arrow on full site to go into it)
    So where are we...

Current posts counts as of Post #213

Barbara WW 56
    Holly WW 27
    Nigel WW 23
    Eva WW 18
    Lucy WW 18
    Frank WW 15
    Derry WW 10
    Baggly 9
    Isla WW 9
    Senan WW 6
    Jake WW 6
    Fiona WW 5
    Abigail WW 5
    Emily WW 4
    Steve WW 2

Anon Accounts yet to post:
    Katie WW
    Vernon WW

The Dead:

Patrick WW - NRV

That Baggly is looking mighty wolfy with just 9 posts so far ;) duffers and TB are on my watchlist too, not posting at all yet, tut tut :D

Steve brought attention to this earlier but nothing further...

It is now 5pm so will see what he's got to say for himself when he comes back on. So far his input has been alright to be fair

Emily has 4 posts, the first three of which are fluff:

Then some shade on Frank that Frank has rebutted but no response yet. If I was picking a low poster I'd be inclined to vote Emily at the moment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

i think i am now sus of the 2 people who voted for senan. i know i tried to organise that CFD yesterday. what i said today was:

"well i wanna hear more from senan. i tried to organise a CFD on him yesterday and he posted a bit. dont think he has posted today yet.

has katie posted yet?

in relation to abigail, i wouldnt vote for her for her late vote last night. sher she prob voted before i did!"

that was enough of a reason for 2 villagers to vote for him? dont see that

Repost:

This is flirting with over-analysing but I'm trying to figure out how it was decided who got first kill.

Is it possible the on thread task at the start was

Post a pic of someone with a beard then post a number one hit song in first two posts, half an hour apart or so.

Barbara and Holly did so.

Mention Salem The Cat

Senan, Barbara, Holly, Frank did so.

Mention the word 'notes'

Eva, Frank and Holly did so. Very unlikely this theory.

Are tasks usually as silly and nondescript as this? I thought the first one was a strange coincidence I must say. The other two...meh.

Could Barbara be a wolf in plain sight? Holly too, for that matter?

I'm off for a while.

Has Emily been ISO'd?

I did one a few mins ago and found no evidence of guilt, m'lord.

Repost:

This is flirting with over-analysing but I'm trying to figure out how it was decided who got first kill.

Post a pic of someone with a beard then post a number one hit song in first two posts, half an hour apart or so.

Mention Salem The Cat

Mention the word 'notes'

Are tasks usually as silly and nondescript as this? I thought the first one was a strange coincidence I must say. The other two...meh.

I'm off for a while.

It's not the first kill though? Night 0 was Sunday, Night 1 was last night...

that would mean the monday morning kill was a mod kill. was there 16 vs 17 at the start?
    could explain the mod 'slip' as well.

TBH, i'm not sure we should be discussing the above.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Emily ISO, because I had an inkling.

This was the weirdest post to Abigail.

Voted for Frank immediately after this post, a bit quickly, but consistent throughout.

Not sure why Emily likes Nigel.

Defending Nigel.

An argument with Barbara. I agree with a lot of what Emily says...

Fair points...

Still consistently picking Frank.

This last was directed at me I think? Or did she mistake me for Barbara?

Nothing really stands out as wolfy, so I've changed my mind about Emily.

To clarify Steve, this was directed at Babs

Repost:

Mention Salem The Cat

Mention the word 'notes'

I'm off for a while.

the tasks could have been anything really, even in the backrooms.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    that would mean the monday morning kill was a mod kill. was there 16 vs 17 at the start?
    could explain the mod 'slip' as well.

TBH, i'm not sure we should be discussing the above.

I dunno, maybe a backroom task for first kill, who knows. Fiona had some weird post about that yesterday that I dismissed cos it would mean comms... I'll drag that up in a sec

But yeah it's definitely Night 1 munch, not Night 0, from the OP:
    Will compete with the sk team for N1 munch and will have one kill per night.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

I considered this a lot yesterday, the OP definitely states comp for N1 munch but could the task itself have been given to them earlier than that?

It doesn't really tally with 2 people killed this morning (the N1 munch) though?

Advertisement