Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

This is my summary of how yesterday's voting evolved (time of vote in brackets) and some general thoughts:

I've only really re-read the posts around when people voted so I may have missed various justifications.

Barbara: Abigail (1005) Frank (1851) Barbara (2059)
    While the munch is still being discussed (Barbara is part of the discussion), she sticks a vote on Abigail. She had flagged this on day 1 though.Changes to Frank after Abigail's reveal without comment. Last vote of the evening on herself. Dead now, alignment currently unknown

Holly: Abigail (1438) Senan (1452) Vernon (1908)
    There's some discussion about Abigail voting late and she's initially supportive of Abigail. Then I post about Abigail having made exactly 5 posts and Holly comments on that without directly justifying her first vote but votes Abigail a few mins later, did she smell a bandwagon and want to get on it early? When questioned by Eva about voting for Abigai, she defends it but also throws Senan into the mix. Her and Eva then throw "joke" votes on Senan. Discusses Jake & Frank around the time of her last vote but dismisses a possible connection. Doesn't justify her vote on Vernon around the time of voting as far as I can see.

Eva: Senan (1452) Frank (2046)
    Questions Holly about her vote on Abigail, picks up on the Senan comment and wonders how to "summon" him. Follows Holly's idea of a joke vote on Senan. Don't see a justification of her vote on Frank.

Abigail: Senan (1524)
    Pops in to say she has nothing to go on but that she suspects Senan or Frank and is sticking a vote on Frank. She reveals her role at 1826.

Lucy: Abigail (1530) Frank (1940)
    Me - I had been querying Abigail's day 1 posting earlier and when she voted on the newly formed (joke) Senan bandwagon, I was certain she was wolf. After Abigail reveals, I go back and review Jake's posts where the only interactions of interest are with Frank & Holly. With no counter claim, I vote for Frank on this basis.

Isla: Steve (1553) Frank (1907)
    Does an ISO of Steve and theorises that the BG saved a wolf, sticks a vote on Steve. After the reveal, discussed the mod post about the munch and then decides that "Attacker was wolves. Steve was attacked by the wolves. Steve can only be an SK. I feel Frank is more likely the SK partner so I am changing my vote to Frank". Not sure how this logic stacks up.

Emily: Frank (1747)
    Discusses Frank & Barbara's interactions and Frank's defensiveness has him top of her FFA. Frank has earlier said that he thinks Barbara & Emily are on the same team as their earlier "spat doesn't feel natural". Also includes Isla in her FFA and whoever the lowest poster is later on.

Steve: Senan (2013) Nigel (2055)
    Posts this "Suspicions about Emily, Frank & Nigel have faded since yesterday. I didn't like Isla's hatchet job on me so she's moved onto the radar.Barbara I can leave til later. I still don't like Abigail". Votes for Senan "as a tactical ploy to see what happens". This seems like a nonsense strategy to me. Changes to Nigel based on his vote hopping. Dead now, alignment currently unknown

Frank: Senan (2031)
    Doesn't seem to justify his vote for Senan, looks like he's just jumping on the counterwagon. This action in itself would be enough to vote for him imo.

Senan: Isla (2043)
    I can't see any justification of this vote. A wolf innocuously voting for someone not in the firing line so that he won't be a major part of the voting analysis?

Nigel: Frank (2046) Eva (2047) Frank (2051)
    Not sure what the hell Nigel is at here. Votes for Frank (no reason provided), instantly changes to Eva (he had mentioned her earlier but without justification) and then changes back to Frank after this interaction:
    Eva: Nigel what's your reason for voting me
    Nigel: i was asleep till about 10 mins ago, and i think your vote still provides the most info
    Nigel: but im happy to change

WTF??? He later claims he's "just trying to stir stuff up"

Vernon: Frank (2046)
    Votes Frank with no justification beforehand; posts this at 2052 "ha ha ha I was also asleep and I voted for the person who didnt vote to self presserve"

That's 2 people waking up to vote just before 9pm?

Katie: Frank (2056)
    "Gonna vote on Frank - Senan has some interesting posts whereas Frank has nothing of substance so far". Not the worst reasoning in the world but more effort needed Katie!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Jesus - The Angel - Each night Jesus can follow a player if the player is targeted for munch, Jesus can find out who targeted the person.

1 team may also have that power now as well if barbara was jesus

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    and i hope one of those 2 wasnt the apprentice.

is there any downside for the village if abigail confirms if she chose 1 of those 2 as apprentice?

Only that it would confirm for the wolves that they've taken out a good target ut clearly that's not of interest since they didn't choose to munch Abigail... meaning she's probably not the priest and therefore didn't choose an apprentice.

Abigail's info on the three latest casualties should shed some light on what's happened to date.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    So neither team tried to kill Abigail. Priest (if you're here), give us Frank / Steve / Barbara alignments please.

Although I'm not convinced Abigail is the priest after all when nobody tried to kill her.

both teams could have hoped the other would take her out.

not taking her out also sows doubt in our mind.

2 reasons for her not dying.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Lucy WW wrote:
    Holly: Abigail (1438) Senan (1452) Vernon (1908) There's some discussion about Abigail voting late and she's initially supportive of Abigail. Then I post about Abigail having made exactly 5 posts and Holly comments on that without directly justifying her first vote but votes Abigail a few mins later, did she smell a bandwagon and want to get on it early? When questioned by Eva about voting for Abigai, she defends it but also throws Senan into the mix. Her and Eva then throw "joke" votes on Senan. Discusses Jake & Frank around the time of her last vote but dismisses a possible connection. Doesn't justify her vote on Vernon around the time of voting as far as I can see.

Eh, what?

Go and look at my posts I clearly state why I was voting Vernon, I even discussed it with Eva.

I'll hold my tongue on the bandwagoning talk until we get Frank's role but if he's good that is hilarious you'd accuse me of it!

Only that it would confirm for the wolves that they've taken out a good target ut clearly that's not of interest since they didn't choose to munch Abigail... meaning she's probably not the priest and therefore didn't choose an apprentice.

I can't see any situation where Abigail is making a false role claim and is not called out on it. We know Patrick was NRV; we know that one of Derry/Fiona was the BG and one was the attacker. There's a possibility that Jake was the priest but he'd surely have told us before we lynched him

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

duffman13 wrote: »
    Steve was gathering himself, he was so lucky to have survived, he'd live each day from now on as if it was his last! He got up early to go forage for some breakfast as he stepped out of his shack - THUNK- a heavy mallet came crashing down on his head splitting his skull right in half. His assailant made off into the thick tree cover.
    Steve WW is Dead

On the other side of town Barbara was simillarly starting her day, she was washing her hair in a creek she had found, she went to dunk her head back down one more time but where the water had been was solid ice, it was colder now, she wondered why she hadn't noticed that and when it had started, she didn't have time to think as a shaddow fell over where she knelt and her heart was pierced with an icy dagger.
    Barbara WW is dead

Thread reopened

Interesting, I wouldn't rule Abigail out from being the priest anyway. Maybe both teams thought the other would take her out.

Lucy WW wrote: »
    This is my summary of how yesterday's voting evolved (time of vote in brackets) and some general thoughts:

I've only really re-read the posts around when people voted so I may have missed various justifications.

Holly: Abigail (1438) Senan (1452) Vernon (1908)
    There's some discussion about Abigail voting late and she's initially supportive of Abigail. Then I post about Abigail having made exactly 5 posts and Holly comments on that without directly justifying her first vote but votes Abigail a few mins later, did she smell a bandwagon and want to get on it early? When questioned by Eva about voting for Abigai, she defends it but also throws Senan into the mix. Her and Eva then throw "joke" votes on Senan. Discusses Jake & Frank around the time of her last vote but dismisses a possible connection. Doesn't justify her vote on Vernon around the time of voting as far as I can see.
    Holly WW wrote: »
    It's all mechanics, he has ZERO reads there, all just discussing roles etc. I know he's a sub but he hasn't posted a single read

Same with Katie tbh, but she appeared later

Eva: Senan (1452) Frank (2046)
    Questions Holly about her vote on Abigail, picks up on the Senan comment and wonders how to "summon" him. Follows Holly's idea of a joke vote on Senan. Don't see a justification of her vote on Frank.

Lucy: Abigail (1530) Frank (1940)
    Me - I had been querying Abigail's day 1 posting earlier and when she voted on the newly formed (joke) Senan bandwagon, I was certain she was wolf. After Abigail reveals, I go back and review Jake's posts where the only interactions of interest are with Frank & Holly. With no counter claim, I vote for Frank on this basis.

Calling out others for not justifying votes but waiting until the following morning to justify your vote on Frank? Not suspiscious at all, nope.
    Frank: Senan (2031)
    Doesn't seem to justify his vote for Senan, looks like he's just jumping on the counterwagon. This action in itself would be enough to vote for him imo.

So you admit you understand why people voted for him?
    Nigel: Frank (2046) Eva (2047) Frank (2051)
    Not sure what the hell Nigel is at here. Votes for Frank (no reason provided), instantly changes to Eva (he had mentioned her earlier but without justification) and then changes back to Frank after this interaction:
    Eva: Nigel what's your reason for voting me
    Nigel: i was asleep till about 10 mins ago, and i think your vote still provides the most info
    Nigel: but im happy to change

WTF??? He later claims he's "just trying to stir stuff up"

Agreed that Nigel's flip flopping and 'I only just woke up was very strange. Maybe we need to take a closer look at him today although I was reading him as townie up to the voting.
    Vernon: Frank (2046)
    Votes Frank with no justification beforehand; posts this at 2052 "ha ha ha I was also asleep and I voted for the person who didnt vote to self presserve"

That's 2 people waking up to vote just before 9pm?

I also mentioned this last night that it had a feel of just finished up communicating in backroom about it.

I think Frank stuck with the backroom thing a couple of times too despite it clearly being a gambit to see who would respond and Babs being punished for it. Seemed an odd thing to fixate on.

I'm not convinced on Frank, but Abigail revealing as priest as kinda ruined my plan of voting for her.
    I am very interested in Steve and particularly Franks' recent vote on Senan, as I think he has really redeemed himself from his overly defensive posts yesterday to give us clear concise thinking.
    Senan: Eva, Abigail, Steve, Frank
    Frank: Emily, Barbara, Isla, Lucy
    Vernon: Holly

My vote won't be staying on Senan.
    I'm nearly afraid to point it out in case Holly accuses me of pouncing, but Frank's vote on Senan without featuring in thread to give reasons is very suspiscious. Reads like he's jumping on the other bandwagon to save himself without realising half the votes weren't serious ones.

I also forgot he didn't vote last night. Not inherently wolfy but it does stick out to me.
    Frank WW wrote: »
    Busy but village ya'll. Don't lunch me

This series of quotes I think explains my line of thought on Frank. I wasn't suspiscious originally but the self preservation vote on Senan with no explanation and the 'don't lynch me I'm village' but then contributing nothing convinced me at the end. I hope I was right.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

The priest needs to decide when to come out, if the still live of course.

It depends on what info they have to be honest. Youd imagine they would have some info that could steer us in a right direction at this stage. But really up to them if they want to reveal.

Nigel, Eva..... looking at yesterdays posts...... do you both still think Steve was good?

Both of you believe so in the direct aftermath of Monday Mormings munch.

• Advertisement

Basically Lucy's reads this morning are lazy and repeating what others said.

Eh, what?

Go and look at my posts I clearly state why I was voting Vernon, I even discussed it with Eva.

I'll hold my tongue on the bandwagoning talk until we get Frank's role but if he's good that is hilarious you'd accuse me of it!

There's nothing around 1908 where you justify your Vernon vote. I went back a bit further and at 1858, you post this about Vernon:
    It's all mechanics talk. Easy place to position yourself as a sub in for a wolf.
    Followed by this:

I'm probably gonna vote Vern or Frank
    is there something more than that? I didn't find where you decided Vernon over Frank

Emily WW wrote: »
    The priest needs to decide when to come out, if the still live of course.

It depends on what info they have to be honest. Youd imagine they would have some info that could steer us in a right direction at this stage. But really up to them if they want to reveal.

Nigel, Eva..... looking at yesterdays posts...... do you both still think Steve was good?

Both of you believe so in the direct aftermath of Monday Mormings munch.

Yeah I still believe he's good but a re-read of his posts from yesterday is definitely needed.

Do you think Abigail is definitely not the priest so? I think if it's someone else to reveal it's now or never really - in the worst case scenario of we've lost 3 villagers in Frank, Barbara and Steve then we're in trouble.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Senan: Isla (2043)
    I can't see any justification of this vote. A wolf innocuously voting for someone not in the firing line so that he won't be a major part of the voting analysis?

I voted for Isla after this post, I had been suspicious of Abigail but the priest thing made me reconsider for the moment at least. I outlined my three suspects and why. You responded to the below post about moving from Vernon to Fiona, which doesn't seem like much of an attempt to save Jake. Eva said she felt better about Fiona than Jake so I was inclined to believe her for the moment. Which left Isla.
    Senan WW wrote: »
    Jake: Holly, Barbara, Derry, Nigel
    Fiona: Eva, Lucy
    Eva: Senan, Isla
    Vernon: Fiona
    Frank: Emily
    Barbara: Jake
    Nigel: Steve
    Emily: Abigail

Didn't vote: Frank, Katie, Vernon

I'd rule Holly, Barbara and Nigel out for the moment as teammates of Jakes. I understand one of them could be bussing but probably would make more sense to save a teammate than bus Jake at this stage. However, I'd very much rule them in as potential teammates of Fiona as they were trying. Potentially not though as Fiona herself voted for vernon.

I'd have Eva, Lucy and Isla as suspects who may have been trying to save Jake. This could also be thrown at me obviously.

Holly is your vote on Vernon purely for low posting reasons or did I miss something in his limited amount of posts
    It's all mechanics, he has ZERO reads there, all just discussing roles etc. I know he's a sub but he hasn't posted a single read

Same with Katie tbh, but she appeared later

I included this exchange in my post this morning, are you deliberately not reading parts to suit your own wolfie agenda?

Calling out others for not justifying votes but waiting until the following morning to justify your vote on Frank? Not suspiscious at all, nope.

That's absolutely incorrect, go back and read my posts in the thread just before I vote and you'll see where I gave reasons for voting Frank

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

why dont we believe Abby, like kinda pointless a baddie claiming a power role with 2 evil teams in the game, for a couple of reasons.

Also both teams would avoid her due to the angel role

I'd be interested to see what the munches were this morning though as Nigel seemed 100% they are both villagers, not many ways to know that, unless you munched steve and didnt lose a team mate

Vernon WW wrote: »
    why dont we believe Abby, like kinda pointless a baddie claiming a power role with 2 evil teams in the game, for a couple of reasons.

Also both teams would avoid her due to the angel role

I didn't think of the angel thing, that's a good point.

What are the couple of reasons though, interested in those.

Basically Lucy's reads this morning are lazy and repeating what others said.

Lazy? Are you for real? I've gone back and detailed the timing of everyone's vote and what they posted around the time they cast their votes. I may have missed posts and my suspicions may not be correct but they're sure as hell not lazy.

You seem to be very worried about my discussion of Holly's vote, why is that?

• Advertisement

Yeah I still believe he's good but a re-read of his posts from yesterday is definitely needed.

Do you think Abigail is definitely not the priest so? I think if it's someone else to reveal it's now or never really - in the worst case scenario of we've lost 3 villagers in Frank, Barbara and Steve then we're in trouble.

Im unsure about everything priest wise.

We dont know that Abi is legit. Youd imiagine shed be killed by now right?

She could be the apprentice and could be a wolf.

She may he legit but the evils may keep her alive to sow doubt as to her legitimacy.

If Abi is fake and a real priest is hidden, they need to assess if its safe to reveal.

Why do you believe Steve to be good?

I voted for Frank, I had been definite about Abigail but that's blown out of the water now. Frank was my next pick based on some commentary by Jake (known wolf) and Barbara. He was reasonably busy early yesterday, took some heat and then disappeared (missed the vote). He's been pretty quite today also. It's not a huge amount to go on if I'm honest

Lucy is this what you're referring to as your justification? Certainly doesn't feel like you justified your vote any more than anybody else did.

I included this exchange in my post this morning, are you deliberately not reading parts to suit your own wolfie agenda?

As I said, I only reviewed posts around the time people cast their votes - what time are those posts from?

I'd be interested to see what the munches were this morning though as Nigel seemed 100% they are both villagers, not many ways to know that, unless you munched steve and didnt lose a team mate

Im puzzled at Nigel and Evas read of steve as village. I dont see why they are so sure hes village myself.

I didn't think of the angel thing, that's a good point.

What are the couple of reasons though, interested in those.

Likely to get munched by other team, gambling the original was dead and being found out, cant last to end game if so obvious lie when not munched and has to guess when the last baddie on other team dies.

I mean maybe if she was desperate but she wasn't a locked lynch when she came out so I'd say she good

Lazy? Are you for real? I've gone back and detailed the timing of everyone's vote and what they posted around the time they cast their votes. I may have missed posts and my suspicions may not be correct but they're sure as hell not lazy.

You seem to be very worried about my discussion of Holly's vote, why is that?

It's no good going back to pick up timings of votes if you're going to 'miss' posts. It's time consuming but not helpful to post certain posts that deliberately don't include the posts that refute what you're saying.

I'm not in any way worried about Holly's vote, but I note that Holly pointed it out, I quoted the exchange, Holly pointed it out AGAIN and you still chose to ignore it, even once I quoted the exchange in thread, then you just... stopped talking about it.

Proving my point about you deliberately showing a selected narrative rather than what actually happened, and therefore can't be trusted as you're trying to mislead people.

As I said, I only reviewed posts around the time people cast their votes - what time are those posts from?

You can click on the posts to see exactly what time they're from, please do some of the work yourself

Likely to get munched by other team, gambling the original was dead and being found out, cant last to end game if so obvious lie when not munched and has to guess when the last baddie on other team dies.

I mean maybe if she was desperate but she wasn't a locked lynch when she came out so I'd say she good

What if Abi is a wolf and the original priest chose her to be an apprentice though, with knowledge of the original priest dead, she would have free reign to reveal and lead village to its doom.

Im not believing her just yet, im not saying hes 100 percent bad yet. I cant call it. The above is just a realistic impossibility we should all be aware of

Im unsure about everything priest wise.

We dont know that Abi is legit. Youd imiagine shed be killed by now right?

She could be the apprentice and could be a wolf.

She may he legit but the evils may keep her alive to sow doubt as to her legitimacy.

If Abi is fake and a real priest is hidden, they need to assess if its safe to reveal.

Why do you believe Steve to be good?
    Im puzzled at Nigel and Evas read of steve as village. I dont see why they are so sure hes village myself.

I'm going to re-read this morning and get back to you

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Well I certainly didn't expect to be here this morning. As others have already said though the two evil sides could have thought the other side would take me out. Also they have you all doubting me now so they might be hoping you guys take me out for them.

Frank was NRV
    Steve was NRV
    Babs was the countdown clock - good

Advertisement