Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Lucy is this what you're referring to as your justification? Certainly doesn't feel like you justified your vote any more than anybody else did.

Yes, it's not a great justification as I admit.

This was my earlier post where I reviewed Jake's posts in light of Abigail's reveal:
    Lucy WW wrote: »
    We lynched Jake last night - now a known wolf - so I went back to look at his 9 posts:

1st post: mentions salem the witch - possible task? Probably not imo

2nd & 3rd posts: repeat good morning and explains that he was a sub

4th post: queries Emily's post as having jumped out at him

5th post: Barbara has replied to his query on Emily and he replies back about why it jumped out at him

6th post: queries the two "wishes" posts from Isla & Frank; possible soft defence of Frank against Barbara?

7th post: asks Barbara if she's talking to herself

8th post: interaction with Nigel, again going back to the post about Frank shooting Barbara

9th & final post (2058): Replies to Barbara again plus quotes two of Holly's posts for some reason that's not clear to me - is this a bit staged?

Frank and Holly are the only interactions that look to me like they could be his teammate; more likely Frank for me although it could be that Jake didn't interact with his teammate at all and there's absolutely nothing of substance in these posts - a definite possibility with so few of them there.

I'll need to go back and see who else on my list is most wolfy

On the upside, 2/5 wolfs gone so far which is decent going

You're entitled to critique how I justified my if you like, that's what I've done for everyone. Why are you particularly concerned with how I reviewed Holly's voting pattern though and not how I reviewed others?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    What if Abi is a wolf and the original priest chose her to be an apprentice though, with knowledge of the original priest dead, she would have free reign to reveal and lead village to its doom.

Im not believing her just yet, im not saying hes 100 percent bad yet. I cant call it. The above is just a realistic impossibility we should all be aware of

Its possible alright but she never sees end game anyways so it doesn't matter really.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

I'm going to re-read this morning and get back to you

No need to re read to answer me, why did you think they were good yesterday morning? You seemed sure that they leaned good, why?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Its possible alright but she never sees end game anyways so it doesn't matter really.

What do you mean by this, she never sees end game?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Emily WW wrote:
    What if Abi is a wolf and the original priest chose her to be an apprentice though, with knowledge of the original priest dead, she would have free reign to reveal and lead village to its doom.

Who would be the original priest though in this case
    It can only be Jake, Steve or Frank really. Unless Babs was real priest and they 'swapped' roles to save Abi from the lynch last night.

Steve or Frank would have countered her yesterday surely if that was the case.

Anyways I'm not sure what the next move is until we get Abis info, it's kinda crucial

• Advertisement

What do you mean by this, she never sees end game?

The other team will munch a "confirmed villager" at some point,

Abigail WW wrote:
    Frank was NRV
    Steve was NRV
    Babs was the countdown clock - good

Well sh1te

Vernon WW wrote: »
    The other team will munch a "confirmed villager" at some point,

Thats if she was a wolf priest apprentice which i dont actually believe

Nigel WW wrote: »
    RIP guys. 2 good villagers gone there.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Yes, it's not a great justification as I admit.

This was my earlier post where I reviewed Jake's posts in light of Abigail's reveal:

You're entitled to critique how I justified my if you like, that's what I've done for everyone. Why are you particularly concerned with how I reviewed Holly's voting pattern though and not how I reviewed others?

Purely because Holly's was the only one I was sure of because I originally questioned the vote last night, nothing more. I knew offhand it had been justified. I can go through the rest of your reads fully and search for more posts to prove you're wrong if you want?

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Well I certainly didn't expect to be here this morning. As others have already said though the two evil sides could have thought the other side would take me out. Also they have you all doubting me now so they might be hoping you guys take me out for them.

Frank was NRV
    Steve was NRV

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what's the countdown clock?

This is definitely not good.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Who would be the original priest though in this case
    It can only be Jake, Steve or Frank really. Unless Babs was real priest and they 'swapped' roles to save Abi from the lynch last night.

Steve or Frank would have countered her yesterday surely if that was the case.

Anyways I'm not sure what the next move is until we get Abis info, it's kinda crucial

Anyone who died before Abi revealed could potentially be the original priest in the scenario that Abi is an apprentice.

Theres a few possibilities, each one different, but so hard to know which one is the most likely or which one is true.

It's no good going back to pick up timings of votes if you're going to 'miss' posts. It's time consuming but not helpful to post certain posts that deliberately don't include the posts that refute what you're saying.

I'm not in any way worried about Holly's vote, but I note that Holly pointed it out, I quoted the exchange, Holly pointed it out AGAIN and you still chose to ignore it, even once I quoted the exchange in thread, then you just... stopped talking about it.

Proving my point about you deliberately showing a selected narrative rather than what actually happened, and therefore can't be trusted as you're trying to mislead people.

Holly pointed it out again? She has one post this morning Eva...….And I'm the one misleading people....

I stopped talking about it? Eh, we're literally still talking abut it

I stated clearly that I only reviewed posts around the time of their votes so it's open for anyone to correct what I said (or to defend someone else who would surely be capable of defending themselves.....)

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Well I certainly didn't expect to be here this morning. As others have already said though the two evil sides could have thought the other side would take me out. Also they have you all doubting me now so they might be hoping you guys take me out for them.

Frank was NRV
    Steve was NRV

Balls

So if Babs is the coundown clock, it would seem like legit info as they Babs did allude to being nothing..... which could be seen as a hint at a role.

Lucy WW wrote:
    Holly pointed it out again? She has one post this morning Eva...….And I'm the one misleading people....

Eh?

I have a good few posts this morning

I stopped talking about it? Eh, we're literally still talking abut it

I stated clearly that I only reviewed posts around the time of their votes so it's open for anyone to correct what I said (or to defend someone else who would surely be capable of defending themselves.....)

Yep, my bad sorry, I thought I read a second post from Holly, but I did not. On this point you are correct. I'm glad you've started reading more thoroughly :D

Right now, Im not 100 percent convinved of Abi..... plenty of possibilities that shes an evil. However I think I may believe her morr than a doubt her at this stage.

You can click on the posts to see exactly what time they're from, please do some of the work yourself

So those two posts you quoted are from 2041 and 2042!!! Holly voted for Vernon at 1908!!

How on earth do you expect me to pick up on a conversation an hour and a half later where she justifies her vote only after you explicitly ask her to justify it?

Right with Frank being revealed as NRV that makes the votes after his own self press interesting.

I wanna break it down when I get on the laptop but iirc it goes as follows:

Steve votes Senan to make it 4-3 to Frank

Frank self presses to tie things up

Vern and Nidge pile in with votes on Frank fairly close afterwards

Looks to me anyways like Senan could be a wolf alongside one of Nidge or Vern and they voted to save him

Or Senan could be a patsy. I'm on the fence there as I like Senans posts when he's on but the voting tells a different story

• Advertisement

Lucy WW wrote:
    So those two posts you quoted are from 2041 and 2042!!! Holly voted for Vernon at 1908!!

After I ISOed Vern and noticed his 8 posts at the time were all mechanics.

Post #740 if you wanna check it

Eh?

I have a good few posts this morning

I see that now when I scroll back but when I click on Find All posts, only 3 from today come up, apologies about that.

Did you post a quote to me where you justified your vote? I'm not saying you needed to but Eva thinks you did and I can't find any such post

Lucy WW wrote:
    Did you post a quote to me where you justified your vote? I'm not saying you needed to but Eva thinks you did and I can't find any such post

I didn't mainly because I'm phone posting and multiquote is a bitch on phone.

But yeah you brought up from around the time of voting, here's the full progression from when I ISOed Vern to voting him (post #740 onwards)

Holly WW wrote:
    I'm probably gonna vote Vern or Frank

Holly WW wrote:
    What posts does Jake defend Frank in? Ne'er mind I'll go look

Holly WW wrote:
    This is where Jake perspective slips alright, he knows Babs is not on his team at the very least. It's the only mention of Frank I can find

Holly WW wrote:
    I dunno, would Jake say that if Frank was on his team? I'm not sure he would tbh, they would discuss it in the backroom. Moved my vote to Vern as I think he's wolfy

After I ISOed Vern and noticed his 8 posts at the time were all mechanics.

Post #740 if you wanna check it

Yes, this post @ 1858 (which I didn't scroll back to last night)
    It's all mechanics talk. Easy place to position yourself as a sub in for a wolf.

I'm probably gonna vote Vern or Frank

As I said, you didn't justify why you chose Vernon over Frank at the time of voting although as Eva's pointed out, you did when she asked you about it at 2041

TBF, this is perhaps less relevant since Frank has flipped green; if he had been red you would have been very high on my list!!

No need to re read to answer me, why did you think they were good yesterday morning? You seemed sure that they leaned good, why?

The re-read was more to pick out quotes rather than going off memory, but given that Steve was chosen for an attack and also protected, I clearly wasn't the only one who thought he was village. From what I can rememver I just had a good feeling about him.

Lucy WW wrote:
    As I said, you didn't justify why you chose Vernon over Frank at the time of voting although as Eva's pointed out, you did when she asked you about it at 2041

I did, look above your last post to me

I dunno, would Jake say that if Frank was on his team? I'm not sure he would tbh, they would discuss it in the backroom. Moved my vote to Vern as I think he's wolfy

Ah, I completely missed this post at 1910, sorry Holly!! :(

How on earth do you expect me to pick up on a conversation an hour and a half later where she justifies her vote only after you explicitly ask her to justify it?

...because you... read... the whole game... and not just... selected posts? :(

Look, I feel like we're going down a rabbit hole here and to be honest I think we're on the same time so this back and forth is useless.

Right with Frank being revealed as NRV that makes the votes after his own self press interesting.

I wanna break it down when I get on the laptop but iirc it goes as follows:

Steve votes Senan to make it 4-3 to Frank

Frank self presses to tie things up

Vern and Nidge pile in with votes on Frank fairly close afterwards

Looks to me anyways like Senan could be a wolf alongside one of Nidge or Vern and they voted to save him

Or Senan could be a patsy. I'm on the fence there as I like Senans posts when he's on but the voting tells a different story

If Frank and Senan are both village, then the likelihood of a pile on is less.

But its a good place to look. If Senan is bad, then Nigel and Vern look like they have piled on Frank to save Senan.

Flipping Senan, may he the best approach.

Can we afford many mislynchs?

• Advertisement

The re-read was more to pick out quotes rather than going off memory, but given that Steve was chosen for an attack and also protected, I clearly wasn't the only one who thought he was village. From what I can rememver I just had a good feeling about him.

Steve being protected doesnt make him village though. The BG could have easily protected a wolf, unknowingly.

You and Nigel seemed so sure he was good, yet it was far from certain he was good.

May be nothing now if Steve is good per Abigails reveal.

Advertisement