Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Folks I've thrown a vote in on Katie as I also have to disappear for a while. I should be back on before 8 but after that... it's football time baby. Katie I really hope you come back and contribute but if you're just a sneakily quiet villager I'm gonna tear my hair out.

I've listed my 3 suspiscions as Isla/Katie/Vernon. Would love to see other people posting up who they think the remaining three are.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Day 1 Lynch.

11:09
    Frank: Barbara

18:21
    Frank: Barbara
    Jake: Holly

18:27
    Frank: Barbara, Emily

18:51
    Frank: Barbara, Emily
    Vernon: Lucy

18:53
    Frank: Emily
    Vernon: Lucy
    Barbara: Barbara

19:22
    Vernon: Lucy, Fiona

19:34
    Barbara: Barbara, Jake

19:40
    Jake: Holly, Barbara
    Barbara: Jake

19:59
    Jake: Holly, Barbara, Derry

20:08
    Nigel: Steve

20:15
    Eva: Senan

20:22
    Vernon: Fiona
    Fiona: Lucy

20:46
    Fiona: Lucy
    Emily: Abigail

20:46
    Fiona: Lucy, Eva

20:53
    Jake: Holly, Barbara, Derry, Nigel

20:54
    Eva: Senan, Isla

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    My thoughts.

Murdered vs munched, points at SK kill. Need more flavor to verify.

Teeth marks and stab wounds. Wolves and SK. Possible overlap, but for a non poster Patrick, trying to come up with reason for why Patrick is near impossible, but to have a wolves/SK overlap on Patrick seems beyond the possibility of chance.

But its post flavor, I'm not going to base too much on it until we can verify that flavor has useful info. Its possible flavor is pre-written.
    Yes. Everybody who posted but me is in that group.

'At least' covers 1 or more. I came to this due to a kill happening, and I believe that somebody was active to select a kill, therefore, I would also expect that they would have posted on thread. Every wolf and SK could be in that group, for all I know, but I believe there is at least one ( likely more) in that group.
    Going thru Jakes posts and
    defence of Frank
    stands out.

Going thru Fionas posts and
    pointing at low posters "I’ve now posted as much as half the village. :pac "
    I’m thinking of Vernon or Katie
    not seeing teamed with barbara 275
    stands out.

Babs looks very good from these, spewed by wolves and killed an SK.
    Attacker was wolves.
    Steve was attacked by the wolves.
    Steve can only be an SK.

I feel Frank is more likely the SK partner so I am changing my vote to Frank.

i could be off my rocker here :D

does anyone notice a structural difference in those 1st 2 posts vs last 2?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Talk me through it Nidge what you're seeing, just home and getting ready to ISO Isla myself tbh

thinking the last 2, the skinny ones, are copied and pasted from a backroom

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I'm leaning towards Katie for tonight's vote but holding out to see if she appears with anything interesting to say first

Nigel WW wrote: »
    i could be off my rocker here :D

does anyone notice a structural difference in those 1st 2 posts vs last 2?

structural difference?

How would copy and pasting from a back room make them skinny?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards Katie for tonight's vote but holding out to see if she appears with anything interesting to say first

Oh and just to add, I'm fully aware of the irony of me going after a low poster.

How would copy and pasting from a back room make them skinny?

i dunno, they are different from your normal posting, so something changed.

if the backroom dialogue boxes are skinnier and it was a straight copy and paste job, that skinny formatting would remain in place

• Advertisement

if the backroom dialogue boxes are skinnier and it was a straight copy and paste job, that skinny formatting would remain in place

going to have a look at xxx posts:
    found this
    and that
    and this here
    END

That's the format.
    I was writing the post at same time as going thru jake and fionas posts looking for things that stood out to me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Why? Help me see what your seeing here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

I dont think this line of thinking is in line with the game nor is it actually credible. Its bonkers Nigel

Even if was from a backroom, which you cant prove, it may be a good backroom.

Also how do you know what a backroom looks like Nigel? Do you have one to compare?

Though the post is so bonkers that I cant believe Nigel is a wolf. The other evils sure wouldnt be on board with a silly post like this. Unless Nigels gone rouge.

Emily WW wrote: »
    Why? Help me see what your seeing here.

can you not see a difference in the wide of the sentences.

the 3rd in particular just looks way off.

Emily WW wrote: »
    I dont think this line of thinking is in line with the game nor is it actually credible. Its bonkers Nigel

Even if was from a backroom, which you cant prove, it may be a good backroom.

Also how do you know what a backroom looks like Nigel? Do you have one to compare?

Though the post is so bonkers that I cant believe Nigel is a wolf. The other evils sure wouldnt be on board with a silly post like this. Unless Nigels gone rouge.

sher didnt i say i could be off my rocker.

ive been to a few in other universes.

i will leave it alone as its not a game mechanic/action

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Here's my current top 3/4

One of Vernon or Katie:
    I feel that there's maybe a wolf in the two subs but probably not both. Non-voting the first night makes them difficult to analyse. Katie's rationale for voting last nignt was better than Vernon's imo

Isla:
    Voted the first night late on for Eva (who was not in the running so maybe she knew the vote wouldn't be significant) based on "gut feel". I felt like her reasoning for voting Frank yesterday didn't stack up:
    Attacker was wolves. Steve was attacked by the wolves. Steve can only be an SK. I feel Frank is more likely the SK partner so I am changing my vote to Frank
    now that both have flipped green this is less significant to me but still doesn't make sense to me.

Nigel:
    Voted late the first night and was throwing out suggestions of voting for a few different people beforehand. His vote hopping last night was odd and he claims afterwards that he's "just trying to stir stuff up"

Ok, Isla ISO.

Players
    1. Anonymous sign up
    2. Barney
    3. BeakerJoe
    4. CJ Maxx
    5. Drumpot
    6. Ectoplasm
    7. FixXxer
    8. Hello 2d Person Below
    9. JohnGreenFan
    10. Lady Skunk
    11. MacDanger
    12. Necro
    13. sKeith
    14. Tritium
    15. Whiplashy
    16. Yossarian

Anon Accounts
    1. Abigail WW
    2. Barbara WW
    3. Derry WW
    4. Emily WW
    5. Eva WW
    6. Fiona WW
    7. Frank WW
    8. Holly WW
    9. Isla WW
    10. Jake WW
    11. Katie WW
    12. Lucy WW
    13. Nigel WW
    14. Patrick WW
    15. Senan WW
    16. Steve WW
    17. Vernon WW

Player count = 16
    Anon account count = 17

More anon accounts than players.

One player double accounting is possible, or a first out back in situation.

First note of potential double account, later debunked by Steve. Definitely paying attention is our Isla.
    Anyone know what BCU stands for?

Meh.
    I believe we have at least one wolf/SK in the above group of people.

This has already been done to death, I mean there are two presumed wolves (Jake, Fiona) in the above quote (click on arrow) so she's definitely not wrong.
    Still to hear from above.

Meh.
    Yes. Everybody who posted but me is in that group.

'At least' covers 1 or more. I came to this due to a kill happening, and I believe that somebody was active to select a kill, therefore, I would also expect that they would have posted on thread. Every wolf and SK could be in that group, for all I know, but I believe there is at least one ( likely more) in that group.

I didn't pay much attention to this at the time but it's sound logic, there being an active killer. We know Fiona was about as was Jake.
    Whats with the Spartacus statues?

First contact with Babs, they clash a bit on my read through. Fair question here.
    My thoughts.

Murdered vs munched, points at SK kill. Need more flavor to verify.

Teeth marks and stab wounds. Wolves and SK. Possible overlap, but for a non poster Patrick, trying to come up with reason for why Patrick is near impossible, but to have a wolves/SK overlap on Patrick seems beyond the possibility of chance.

But its post flavor, I'm not going to base too much on it until we can verify that flavor has useful info. Its possible flavor is pre-written.

Again, logical thinking here. There's nothing here to indicate alignment, Isla I think would say this as good or evil.
    Hi Derry,

Where is the 'in there' group than you mention?

Query to Derry about her earlier post.
    I wish for an alignment peek
    It seemed possible that in the BCU, wishes could be granted.

The wish and a response to someone asking about it. She elaborates in the next post
    Its a boards combined universe. There was a thread asking for favorite things about past games, so I'm guessing there may be a revival of some previous game mechanics.
    With the lack of seer, and competition at one, I believed it was worth a try.

FYI: nothing came of it.

Makes sense, again not really alignment indicative
    Is what a task? Writing in bold? asking for a peek?

So, the theory is that myself and Frank are competing with each other and the task is to write in bold first on the thread? Then why did Frank bother doing it when I had clearly won the task by doing it first. Wouldn't he just accept losing the competition and attack me at night, lowering the opposing teams numbers.

Task talk. Again this makes sense, we know Frank is good but if he was evil why would he copy Isla when she had already won, again nothing here that indicates alignment
    Voting for eva. Gut feeling on this.

Now this is interesting though. Isla has not interacted with Eva at all and just launches a vote on her. Doesn't elaborate more than 'gut feel' - again it's what drew me to Abi yesterday before her reveal. Hmmm.
    Day 1 Lynch vote

Fiona: Eva, Lucy
    Day 1 Lynch vote

Didn't vote: Frank, Katie, Vernon

Edit: Added didn't votes.

Lynch data. Again, could be posted as village, wolf or SK
    patrick - nrv

jake - ?

Note: steve and derry attacked. fiona dies. either derry or fiona is protector and the other is an attacker of steve.

(Derry + Fiona) = (rolled villager + wolf.)

So, we have more than 50% of the knowledge that priest would give us.

edit: (Derry + Fiona) = (rolled villager + wolf/SK )

These are both I think in response to someone looking for the priest to come out. I like this post tbh, it's showing the logic why the priest should stay hidden at that moment
    One of Fiona/Derry was definitely an attacker, so above is wrong.

More speculation. I'm not seeing much in the line of reads yet though.
    Lets explore this.

17:34

We know that 1 of Derry/Fiona was evil.
    19:22

19:59

Voting closed at 21:00, so, the last 10/15 minutes was 20:45-20:59

So, you are wrong.
    What was ridiculous was your contradicting statements shown to be plainly wrong.

a) Wolves ALWAYS make moves in the last 10/15 minutes.

b) I KNOW Jake was a wolf.

Jake doesn't vote in last 10/15 minutes, so you are wrong.
    Either Jake is not a wolf, so you are wrong on B, or a wolf didn't vote in last 10/15 minutes, which means A is wrong.

Either way, you are wrong.

Battle with Babs, I like it! Spunky and pushing the logic factor again. Though it doesn't really say much to me about her alignment, I just like the posts.
    Gut was jumping with some of Steves last posts so dug deeper to see how i feel after an iso.

Did Barbara admit to being in a backroom? I suppose no one could be that blazen/careless
    Barbara going after Frank like a dog with a bone
    Barbara: Posting Spartacus and Salem pics, bit tasky. Senan congratulated her on being the first to post a pic of Salem, I'm not sure why. Barbara just seems to messing, probably TWTBAW, but could be wolf in plain sight.
    I get the feeling you're not taking this game very seriously...hmm, I wonder why. I don't think there are any bards in this game, but I'll read the OP again.:)
    What did this mean Barbara? Everyone seemed to ignore it. Just a joke eh?
    I think Barbara feels infallible. Being protected? I meant 'invincible' I suppose
    . Barbara's "who else is in a backroom?" post...
    Barbara is a bit of a distraction, but not really hindering the village imo. Low village posters hinder more. Thread would be dying without her
    The priest would only know if I died. My lawyer has told me not to answer that question
    Doesn't really have to name anyone, but I'm the only reasonable candidate so far. Or possibly Barbara, if the priest has discovered Jake was a wolf
    I think if Jake was a wolf, then Barbara might be a good choice for apprentice
    Post a pic of someone with a beard then post a number one hit song in first two posts, half an hour apart or so.
    Barbara and Holly did so.
    Mention Salem The Cat
    Senan, Barbara, Holly, Frank did so
    But why would Barbara follow non-poster Patrick? That would be a huge stroke of luck to find a wolf
    It's obvious why. Barbara explained. What if the priest is already dead(Jake/Patrick) via wolf team 1 without choosing an apprentice? That means we'll never know any roles until the end?
    Well spotted. I'm getting a bit tired of some of Barbara's evasion tactics. And I can't forget her "Who else is in a backroom?" post from early on
    How did you know Jake was a wolf?
    Those evasion tactics

I think BG saved a bogey.

I have read some of the most likely villager stuff from some of you, but find a wolf, lynch a wolf.

Logic for her vote on Steve. First sign of a read I've gotten, nothing on Eva though. I dunno, if Isla is a wolf I can definitely see Eva as her partner. Trouble is, I have a strong village read on Eva at the moment so I'm finding it unlikely. If Isla is a wolf (not SK) though, I will have to re-evaluate
    One for one is not a bad outcome. With an angel in play, the wolves will not be targeting anyone predictable. Its also possible, that Hercules was forced to make protections every night, under a Hercules honorable thing to do type rule, and if no protect was chosen, then the protect would be randed.

Mechanics. Meh. There's a lot of NAI stuff here, kinda textbook wolf MO. I want to see if she develops any further reads though
    That wall of text the parts of Steve's posts that I found interesting.
    It s not all of Steve's posts, you can do your own ISO for that, but what I focused in on in isolation and was able to base my read on.

I pooled your sentences of interest together, in order.

I cherry pick your quotes, true, but in sequence, as they were played out on thread, by you.

I did not distort your words, they are your words and narrative, as you have posted over the game, that is, your progression.

This is all response to her read on Steve, it's fine imo.
    You've been peeked as alignment evil, you may as well lolcat for us.

Now this post to Katie is very good. Thanked by a few people as well. I like this, very villagery. Katie initially shrugs it off but with so few posts it's hard to tell if she got spooked by this or just isn't that interested (evil vs good alignments)
    Using Abi data unless and until any counter claim appears.

Day 1 Lynch vote

Didn't vote: Frank, Katie, Vernon

More voting data following the Abi reveal.
    Going thru Jakes posts and
    defence of Frank
    stands out.

Going thru Fionas posts and
    pointing at low posters "I’ve now posted as much as half the village. :pac "
    I’m thinking of Vernon or Katie
    not seeing teamed with barbara 275
    stands out.

Babs looks very good from these, spewed by wolves and killed an SK.

Analysis of Fiona's posts. I like the noting of Babs as good (although it was more or less universally accepted anyways)
    Attacker was wolves.
    Steve was attacked by the wolves.
    Steve can only be an SK.

I feel Frank is more likely the SK partner so I am changing my vote to Frank.

I get the logic behind the vote here, I don't agree necessarily but I can see the thinking
    Patrick was NRV as was mod revealed.
    Day 2 Lynch Vote

Frank: Emily, Isla, Lucy, Vernon, Eva, Nigel, Katie
    Senan: Abigail, Frank
    Vernon: Holly
    Isla: Senan

Everybody voted.
    Colours using Abi's claim data.

Day 1 Lynch vote

Didn't vote: Frank, Vernon, Katie

Day 2 Lynch Vote

Colours using Abi's claim data.

Day 1 Lynch vote

Didn't vote: Frank, Vernon, Katie

Day 2 Lynch Vote

10 players left.

With 2 kills per night, worst case scenario leaves us with.
    lynch 9 ( 6 2 1 )
    munch (4 2 1 )
    Lynch ( 3 2 1 )
    munch ( 2 2 ) game over.

That's worst case scenario, which means we have one more lynch before lylo, but, we get more lynches if we kill off a team at the lynch
    Lynch (7 2 )
    munch (6 2)
    lynch ( 5 2)
    munch (4 2)
    lynch (3 2)
    munch to game over.

If we kill of a team in the lynch, we gain an extra lynch.

The rest is all vote counts and scenario talk. All very pretty but...I dunno.

It's too methodical almost? The one thing that makes me wonder is the Katie post, it's very villagery but it stands out a bit alone in the gloom.

I'm gonna wait and see if Katie shows up but I'm thinking Isla will prob get my vote tonight tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Right, finished work and had a quick re-read.

Gonna assume Abigail is telling the truth - no real reason not to for today at least, and probably tomorrow as well.

I have a reasonably good feeling about Eva, Lucy and Holly after some of the interactions last night. Felt pretty townie the way they got annoyed at me for being lazy :pac:

That leaves the following:

Nigel
    Senan
    Isla
    Vernon
    Emily

Nige I'm a bit bipolar on. He's made some terrible posts and votes, but he has a few really good ones as well. Normally I have a neutral read on someone cos they've done nothing of interest, but I feel Nige is both wolfy and towny at the same time somehow.

I voted Frank over Senan last night as reading back over Senan he had bit more substance behind him. Wasn't much there, but I didn't see anything particularly bad in his posts. I'm still not sure why he was up for lynching tbh - I'll have to do a proper read back.

Vernon is most likely to be a wolf for me I think. A bit meta from my perspective in some ways as we were both subbed (sorry, will try not to talk about that too much) but he has had some strange shifts in posting habits, and he's dropped a vote on me without explanation

Isla and Emily I'll read more up on and come back to

Senan WW wrote: »
    I would assume no kill orders unless frankenstein is dead. To do otherwise would be specifically against the OP.

is this a massive slip in plain sight?

senan (the monster?) would assume no kill order unless frankenstein is dead.

Dr Frankenstein - Dr Frankenstein is vulnerable to all manner of attacks. However everyone he kills, he inherits their powers and can use them at his own will.He can not inherit a kill from the opposing evil team even if he kills one of them.

The Monster - Frankenstein's monster follows Dr Frankenstein around but can not inherit powers, if the doctor dies the monster will make the kill orders.

assume: take or begin to have (power or responsibility)

Baggly wrote: »
    Team 1
    The Night King, White Walker and Viscerion. Will compete with the sk team for N1 munch and will have one kill per night. Any member of the team may place the kill order

Do we know if this was a typo and actually meant N0? I know there was only one munch both N0 and N1, but it seems a bit weird...

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    Do we know if this was a typo and actually meant N0? I know there was only one munch both N0 and N1, but it seems a bit weird...

I presume if it was a typo the mods would have clarified

@Mods

Can you confirm if the baddie teams competed for the N0 or the N1 kill please? N1 kill would be a bit unusual

gone quiet again. there is scheming afoot, i tells ya!

I'm going to assume its a typo tbh.

Reading the flavour of the first kill I'd guess that NK team got the first kill, so assume they won the first task.

Fiona had a single post before the first kill, but it didn't look particularly tasky:
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Is it good though Nigel ?

I know things will pick up but sometimes it’s nice to arrive and you’ve only missed a person mostly talking to themselves.

So guessing that Vis or WW are in this list, and completed the task successfully.
    Nigel
    Holly
    Senan
    Isla
    Eva
    Emily

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113732283&postcount=11
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113737320&postcount=47

These two posts in particular stood out as being ways to hide a task

Katie WW wrote: »
    I'm going to assume its a typo tbh.

Reading the flavour of the first kill I'd guess that NK team got the first kill, so assume they won the first task.

Fiona had a single post before the first kill, but it didn't look particularly tasky:

So guessing that Vis or WW are in this list, and completed the task successfully.
    Nigel
    Holly
    Senan
    Isla
    Eva
    Emily

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113732283&postcount=11
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113737320&postcount=47

These two posts in particular stood out as being ways to hide a task

Second one by Senan. Hmmm..

Benevolent overlord, Night King.... am I reaching?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

You did quote me Frank but it isn't clear that the question is just for me. It's hardly a question that only I would know the answer to.

And as has been pointed out you went past Jake and straight for Holly for some reason. You also ignored Eva's answer of "our benevolent overlord", although this admittedly would not have helped you work out who Salem actually is.

What is the task I'm hiding here?

Wow. That was some genie!!!

is this a massive slip in plain sight?

senan (the monster?) would assume no kill order unless frankenstein is dead.

Dr Frankenstein - Dr Frankenstein is vulnerable to all manner of attacks. However everyone he kills, he inherits their powers and can use them at his own will.He can not inherit a kill from the opposing evil team even if he kills one of them.

The Monster - Frankenstein's monster follows Dr Frankenstein around but can not inherit powers, if the doctor dies the monster will make the kill orders.

assume: take or begin to have (power or responsibility)

Massive slip? That's a massive reach Nigel. I would have assumed that you would take from that that I believed that the monster could not put in a kill order until frankenstein died.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Wow. That was some genie!!!

Yep, coincidentally between 5-6 is generally a time when people tend be a bit freer to get involved.

• Advertisement

Massive slip? That's a massive reach Nigel. I would have assumed that you would take from that that I believed that the monster could not put in a kill order until frankenstein died.

its just the use of 'I' rather than the more general 'you'.

Advertisement