Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    I still think Katie is jesus and Isla is panicking.

But I could be wrong. Will hold off for a little while now on the Isla train while we wait for Nigel and Senan to appear

I wanna know what she thinks of Senan and Nigel.

Isla being Jesus is plausible. Whether shes Jesus or not, I want more reads from her. She hasnt really gave many reads bar her thoughts on Eva.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    I wanna know what she thinks of Senan and Nigel.

Isla being Jesus is plausible. Whether shes Jesus or not, I want more reads from her. She hasnt really gave many reads bar her thoughts on Eva.

Players
    My Village
    Isla
    Emily - mindmelds, top village read.
    Nigel - erratic, comes across as villager to me.
    Senan - I like senans posts, comes across as virtuous.

most likely wolves.

Holly - Has been lightly pushing the lynch Isla agenda since early yesterday, but not really owning it.
    Lucy - Has been pushing the lynch Isla angle lightly, only really owning it last night.
    Eva - pushing the perceived easy lynches.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Players
    My Village
    Isla
    Emily - mindmelds, top village read.
    Nigel - erratic, comes across as villager to me.
    Senan - I like senans posts, comes across as virtuous.

most likely wolves.

Holly - Has been lightly pushing the lynch Isla agenda since early yesterday, but not really owning it.
    Lucy - Has been pushing the lynch Isla angle lightly, only really owning it last night.

Do you not acknowledge that your posting yesterday reeks of a player doing nothing?

And actually, now that I think of it, the only people you suspect of being wolves are the three people who've voted for you?? Three days of play and your only reads are on the players that have voted for you and you're head is on the block. I don't find that credible whatsoever.

Assuming there are three wolfs left, two are on the same team and you think both have piled on to you along with the SK? So the three people you have to convince of your innocence just happen to be the other three remaining villagers.

I was willing to reconsider my vote earlier Isla but your analysis here holds no water

*your head

• Advertisement

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Do you not acknowledge that your posting yesterday reeks of a player doing nothing?

I felt it was best strategy for not getting munched.
    With the player field reducing, the odds of me following a kill are growing.
    The evil teams have yet to cross swords, maybe tonight will be a first.
    If they both leave it to the other, i'm sure i'll guess correctly tonight and catch an evil.

I felt it was best strategy for not getting munched.
    With the player field reducing, the odds of me following a kill are growing.
    The evil teams have yet to cross swords, maybe tonight will be a first.
    If they both leave it to the other, i'm sure i'll guess correctly tonight and catch an evil.

Okay, so that was your strategy then which is fair enough. You were keeping your head down to avoid getting munched, I get that. But if you acknowledge that you were doing that, you must acknowledge that it was fair game for us to call you out on it as someone who was not participating and looked wolfy.

Now that your head is above the parapet, do you have any analysis other than calling out the three people who have voted for you today? If you don't then, I can't change my vote from you

Eva, lets say Isla is full of the plop, what do you make of her reads?

Dont worry, i shall give my own read shortly

Okay, so that was your strategy then which is fair enough. You were keeping your head down to avoid getting munched, I get that. But if you acknowledge that you were doing that, you must acknowledge that it was fair game for us to call you out on it as someone who was not participating and looked wolfy.

Now that your head is above the parapet, do you have any analysis other than calling out the three people who have voted for you today? If you don't then, I can't change my vote from you

Why would you continue to vote for me after I had revealed my role?

Do you think you will be able to lynch Jesus?

Go find another lynch, unless you feel up to counter claiming me.

• Advertisement

Because you have given no proof/breadcrumbs to back up your claim this - which is fair enough. But you have provided zero reads other than accuse the people who have voted for you!!

Say Nigel comes in and counter claims, why would I believe you over him?

Are you saying it's not possible to lynch Jesus??

You claiming lynch protect? Oh boy.

Because you have given no proof/breadcrumbs to back up your claim this - which is fair enough. But you have provided zero reads other than accuse the people who have voted for you!!

Say Nigel comes in and counter claims, why would I believe you over him?

Are you saying it's not possible to lynch Jesus??

Only a wolf will counter claim me. Why do you think nigel is a wolf?
    I think you are a wolf, which is the reason I invited you to counter claim me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Eva, lets say Isla is full of the plop, what do you make of her reads?

Her reads of myself, Holly and Lucy as wolves?

Obviously I know I'm village. Holly is my top village read and Lucy not far behind.
    As Lucy pointed out it's interesting that Isla make no justification for her reads other than 'they're only pushing me because I'm an easy lynch'. I don't think that's good enough excuse to think someone is a wolf, and I mentioned earlier that this isn't Isla's first time voting for me without any real justification. I do think on day 3 that any villager should have more substance to their reads and votes than what Isla is.

Looking forward to your views...

Personally I think you killed person who would have been counter-claiming last night but that's just me.

But if someone does counter claim, why would the village believe you over the counter-claim?

If you think I'm a wolf, do you have any reasoning other than me voting for you (which was on the back of you lying low and not trying to identify wolves and you have acknowledged that this analysis was correct in it's substance even if you dispute my conclusions)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Isla WW wrote:

Woah there Nelly hold your horses, how exactly is ISOing you, voting you then changing because of another convincing read not really owning it?

We have no idea if Vern was good or bad either... Well the remaining evils might have some idea but I certainly don't

On the other two.

Lucy has been fairly solid apart from her minor blip with missing my posts on Vern yesterday in fairness to her.

Eva is... What did you say about Emily and you? Mindmeld, that's how I feel about Eva's and my reads
    MAYBE she's done a great job pocketing me but I really don't get that vibe off her personally, she's my top town read.

Let's figure this out.

Some of you don't believe i'm Jesus, what rational would I have to claim Jesus if I was evil?
    If I was a wolf, and claimed Jesus, I would be killed in the munch by the SK. Not a very good move.
    If I was the SK, and claimed Jesus, I would be killed in the munch by the wolves, but, what if the wolves were wiped out last night? Well, we then have the space to allow the claim to live and still have breathing room.

I am Jesus, and the above shows why it would be stupid for evils to claim my role.

You claiming lynch protect? Oh boy.

Has there previously been such a thing as lynch protect? If so, does this make Isla's reveal more or less believable?

The problem is that there's only one way to find out and if we do that, then we waste a lynch if she's telling the truth. On the other hand, if this is a massive role-claim gamble from Isla, we miss the chance of lynching a wolf.

I'm not convinced about Isla's claim so far but I'm willing to park it for now - there are 2 (maybe 1 but most likely 2) other wolves here

Has there previously been such a thing as lynch protect? If so, does this make Isla's reveal more or less believable?

The problem is that there's only one way to find out and if we do that, then we waste a lynch if she's telling the truth. On the other hand, if this is a massive role-claim gamble from Isla, we miss the chance of lynching a wolf.

I'm not convinced about Isla's claim so far but I'm willing to park it for now - there are 2 (maybe 1 but most likely 2) other wolves here

I have no lynch protection ability. If I am lynched, I'll be dead and i won't be rising up again. I just see no reason why you would lynch me after I revealed my role.

• Advertisement

Let's figure this out.

Some of you don't believe i'm Jesus, what rational would I have to claim Jesus if I was evil?
    If I was a wolf, and claimed Jesus, I would be killed in the munch by the SK. Not a very good move.
    If I was the SK, and claimed Jesus, I would be killed in the munch by the wolves, but, what if the wolves were wiped out last night? Well, we then have the space to allow the claim to live and still have breathing room.

I am Jesus, and the above shows why it would be stupid for evils to claim my role.

TBF, that rationale makes a certain amount of sense Isla and I can buy it to an extent.

However, I don't think it covers all the bases:

Say you're a baddie and on 3 votes earlier, you looked like a goner so you needed to do something, there are a couple of scenarios:

1. Say you're a wolf and assuming you still have a teammate; we don't lynch you tonight and we mislynch (or lynch the SK); the SK doesn't kill you tomorrow (because they know you're getting lynched) and both wolf teams kill 2 villagers. We're now down to 3 wolfs and 2 villagers and the wolves have won

2. If you're the SK, it's less straight forward - you'd be hoping to lynch one of the wolves tonight and then for you to munch the last wolf in the morning. Either way, you probably don't survive tomorrow's lynch but you've fought a good fight

TBH, my head is melted and I need to do some work so I'll park this for now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Let's figure this out.

Well you see both teams have somewhat of an incentive for the other team to be found. So leaving Jesus alive might not be the worst idea.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Senan WW wrote:
    Well you see both teams have somewhat of an incentive for the other team to be found. So leaving Jesus alive might not be the worst idea.

Yeah. Or Isla could be the SK who inherited Jesus powers.

Too many conundrums for my little head. I need to think for a bit about what the best play here is

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

sorry guys. just back now. gonna read back through todays events

Senan WW wrote: »

That would be a gamble for wolves no.

You believing Isla.

Personally I dont buy Isla. Smells of despartation. She was teh clear front runner for Lynch this morning. Holly, Lucy, Eva and Senan to a lesser extent appear to be happy to lynch her. Its the trait of a wolf whos in the firing line to role claim. It can easily buy her a day or two extra.

No counter claim means nothing to me. Jesus could dead so no counter is coming if thats the case.

Or Jesus is simply buying his time. Only Jesus knows that, the glorious omnipresent bastard.

Also her reads dont hold much weight. Shes played a careful game not to make an read until her reveal now, and she fingers the ones who voted for her. Nope, not buying it.

Nigel is next up. He said hed be missing today until 3, so I was waiting until he showed up to see his opinion on Isla and co. I voted him yesterday and probably would have voted him today had it not been for Isla. Nigel is next.

That leaves Senan for me in third on my FFA. Im less sure about him to be honest, but I have bettet good leans on Lucy Holly and Eva.

I believe Isla to be wolf along with Nigel.

The other evil is less obvious but Senan is in this position for me, not because hes obviously wolfy, but I just have better good leans on the others.

Votes going in for Isla

So I dont believe Isla.

I know I said I'd leave this but I can't!!!

Jesus didn't follow Abigail last night but I'm guessing everyone (well, I certainly did) assumed that Jesus would follow her - so why did the wolves munch Abigail when there was a chance Jesus would have nabbed them? Was it worth taking that chance so that Vernon wouldn't be outed as a wolf?

If Vernon was a wolf, then who had most to lose from him being outed as a wolf this morning? I don't have time to check now but that's a train of thought I'll be following up on later

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

That would be a gamble for wolves no.

You believing Isla.

Personally I dont buy Isla. Smells of despartation. She was teh clear front runner for Lynch this morning. Holly, Lucy, Eva and Senan to a lesser extent appear to be happy to lynch her. Its the trait of a wolf whos in the firing line to role claim. It can easily buy her a day or two extra.

No counter claim means nothing to me. Jesus could dead so no counter is coming if thats the case.

Or Jesus is simply buying his time. Only Jesus knows that, the glorious omnipresent bastard.

Also her reads dont hold much weight. Shes played a careful game not to make an read until her reveal now, and she fingers the ones who voted for her. Nope, not buying it.

Nigel is next up. He said hed be missing today until 3, so I was waiting until he showed up to see his opinion on Isla and co. I voted him yesterday and probably would have voted him today had it not been for Isla. Nigel is next.

That leaves Senan for me in third on my FFA. Im less sure about him to be honest, but I have bettet good leans on Lucy Holly and Eva.

I believe Isla to be wolf along with Nigel.

The other evil is less obvious but Senan is in this position for me, not because hes obviously wolfy, but I just have better good leans on the others.

Votes going in for Isla

So I dont believe Isla.

It would be a gamble for both teams. But I'm saying it is not definite that either team would kill Isla as they both have an incentive for the other to be found. They need the other team dead so having Isla find the other team could be worth the risk. I was disagreeing with Isla that her claim means that she is good because wolves/SK wouldn't make the claim. I could see a wolf/SK claiming it and trying to prolong their game.

I don't believe Isla either.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    jake was SK. 1 more team member
    fiona was wolf. 2 more team members

holly and nigel are not on jakes team
    eva and lucy are not on fionas team

jakes remaining team member:
    Senan, Isla, Emily, Vernon, Katie, Eva, Lucy

fionas remaing 2 members:
    Senan, Isla, Emily, Vernon, Katie, Holly, Nigel

based on odds i propose we lynch in Senan, Isla, Emily, Vernon, Katie: they can be on both teams.

i need to think about this some more
    scratch the above for the moment.

there is defo 1 wolf in Senan, Isla, Emily, Vernon, Katie. so worst case we have a 20% chance

fionas remaing 2 members:
    Senan, Isla, Emily, Vernon, Katie, Holly, Nigel

looking at fionas team, we have a 28% chance. luckily, it still has senan and isla.

i'm not sure where this leaves my numbers from yesterday, seeing as vernon or katie could have been a wolf

i'm not sure where this leaves my numbers from yesterday, seeing as vernon or katie could have been a wolf

Youre two posts in today and already youve lost me.

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    Yeah. Or Isla could be the SK who inherited Jesus powers.

Too many conundrums for my little head. I need to think for a bit about what the best play here is

AHH HOLLY THAT'S IT!!!
    Isla the SK killed Katie (jesus) and inherited the pwoers??

HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THE SK INHERITING POWERS

Advertisement