Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Oh I missed Nigel.

Meh with the low volume of posts I'm not liking the idea of going after people with 4 posts just cos they posted on a super slow Sunday

Feels like a red herring to me personally

And for hours it was just me talking to myself.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Oh I missed Nigel.

Meh with the low volume of posts I'm not liking the idea of going after people with 4 posts just cos they posted on a super slow Sunday

Feels like a red herring to me personally

In fairness, the mods would have set a task (be it on-thread or off) without knowing how busy/quiet it would be.

While I'm not saying it's definitely something, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it's a red herring. More like "something to bear in mind" imo

If it was an on thread task the wolves weren't in any rush.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    If it was an on thread task the wolves weren't in any rush.

based on that comment my vote will be on you tonight unless something drastic happens

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Had a quick check there and these were the posts before 9pm yesterday (assuming a 9pm cut off for the task):

Barbara 6
    Nigel 4
    Holly 3
    Isla 2
    Fiona 1
    Senan 1

One of the top three there must have been tasking imo

Only 2 posts (one of which was Holly) for the hour before I post this. After I post, Barbara (2 min), Holly (7 min) and Nigel (8 min) are all on pretty quick to rubbish it. Did it come up in the backroom by any chance?

• Advertisement

Only 2 posts (one of which was Holly) for the hour before I post this. After I post, Barbara (2 min), Holly (7 min) and Nigel (8 min) are all on pretty quick to rubbish it. Did it come up in the backroom by any chance?

you posted something worthy of comment and discussion

Nigel WW wrote: »

Posted mere speculation at that.

It'd be easier to find when I haven't been posting.

Fair enough although apart from Frank, I think the only 3 people who popped in were the three at the top of the list

Fair enough although apart from Frank, I think the only 3 people who popped in were the three at the top of the list

So you think the three most likely taskers would also be the three quickest to respond to your theory?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Lucy WW wrote:
    While I'm not saying it's definitely something, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it's a red herring. More like "something to bear in mind" imo

Fair enough... But then you follow up with this...
    Lucy WW wrote:

Makes me lean more red herring tbh.... Unless you know exactly what the task was you're pushing this idea really hard and now linking the three of us as a team which means we have to be exactly the Night King and co.

So you think the three most likely taskers would also be the three quickest to respond to your theory?

Possibly not but the fact is that the three of you popped on immediately when I posted it. Holly had posted on the thread a few mins before but you hadn't been on for > 1h before that and Nigel was off even longer

Barbara WW wrote:

Maybe it's me but generally the top posters are on top because they're online more than anyone else and thus react to things first. So it makes sense that we would respond first, particularly when we're being mentioned

Look it could be that a high poster is tasking, absolutely.

It could also be an off thread task, or a no post task, or a one post task etc etc

Trouble is we don't know :(

Fair enough... But then you follow up with this...

Makes me lean more red herring tbh.... Unless you know exactly what the task was you're pushing this idea really hard and now linking the three of us as a team which means we have to be exactly the Night King and co.

I only noticed the timing of all of your replies after I made the earlier post. I'm not linking all three of you to the one team but you could be on separate teams and have been competing in some way on the task

based on that comment my vote will be on you tonight unless something drastic happens

barbara, surprised you haven't addressed this comment by me?

barbara, surprised you haven't addressed this comment by me?

I missed it.

OK, that's fine, you have my blessing.

We started with 17 players, 5 wolfs and 12 villagers, we're now down to 11 villagers, down to 9 v 5 if we mislynch tonight. It's going to get to squeaky bum time very quickly around here

I missed it.

OK, that's fine, you have my blessing.

you're not even gonna question why?

you're not even gonna question why?

You've given your reason. You thought my comment was suspicious.

I did.

"If it was an on thread task the wolves weren't in any rush".

why just the wolves that weren't in a rush?

• Advertisement

Lucy WW wrote:
    We started with 17 players, 5 wolfs and 12 villagers, we're now down to 11 villagers, down to 9 v 5 if we mislynch tonight. It's going to get to squeaky bum time very quickly around here

Yes but split across two teams.

So 9 vs 3 vs 2 iirc.

Evils have to kill each other to win so it's all gravy

I did.

"If it was an on thread task the wolves weren't in any rush".

why just the wolves that weren't in a rush?

Because if it was something like "post first" or "first photo/gif", "post the most", etc

Who else would be in a rush?

Because if it was something like "post first" or "first photo/gif", "post the most", etc

Who else would be in a rush?

the SK team

the SK team

Wolves/SK team are all the one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Team 1
    The Night King, White Walker and Viscerion. Will compete with the sk team for N1 munch and will have one kill per night. Any member of the team may place the kill order

Team 2
    Dr Frankenstein - Dr Frankenstein is vulnerable to all manner of attacks. However everyone he kills, he inherits their powers and can use them at his own will.He can not inherit a kill from the opposing evil team even if he kills one of them.

The Monster - Frankenstein's monster follows Dr Frankenstein around but can not inherit powers, if the doctor dies the monster will make the kill orders.

So kill this morning must have been Dr. Frankenstein. So the competing kill ia for tonight, so tasks still very much in play at the moment. Who's been looking tasky?

Barbara? But again, so obvious that it seems TWTBAW.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    This jumped out for me. Could be just a jokey play on a user's name.

Its nothing more than a hello.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Team 1
    The Night King, White Walker and Viscerion. Will compete with the sk team for N1 munch and will have one kill per night. Any member of the team may place the kill order

Team 2
    Dr Frankenstein - Dr Frankenstein is vulnerable to all manner of attacks. However everyone he kills, he inherits their powers and can use them at his own will.He can not inherit a kill from the opposing evil team even if he kills one of them.

The Monster - Frankenstein's monster follows Dr Frankenstein around but can not inherit powers, if the doctor dies the monster will make the kill orders.

So kill this morning must have been Dr. Frankenstein. So the competing kill ia for tonight, so tasks still very much in play at the moment. Who's been looking tasky?

Aaaah, that changes things if the task is for tomorrow's munch rather than this morning's munch.

What does SK stand for?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I like the above reply much more than the one below. Why such a timid reply Eva WW?

I was battling with gifs again, hence the blank space under my message. Can't preview my posts on mobile. Pretend the gif below featured in that post.

giphy.gif

Meanwhile Holly got her post in while I was faling to use gifs.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Team 1

Team 2

Judging from the thread, Barbara has been rattling Frank.

Frank is now pointing at her to he tasky?.

Franks retaliation may be tit for tat. Babs may be rusttling trees and getting a response. Very little to work with thus far but if voting was now, Id vote frank.

Early days though

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Aaaah, that changes things if the task is for tomorrow's munch rather than this morning's munch.

What does SK stand for?

Ooh that's interesting, never spotted that it was only for night 1. Does that mean potentially a lynch and two kills tonight?

Advertisement