Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Is there a reason the priest would not choose a replacement?

So they wouldn't inadvertently pick a baddie? Just throwing out ideas when they strike me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Gimme the

A)
    B)
    C)

or

1)
    2)
    3)

of why I'm a bad un.

4a7de4d1ee2f243a5d68625001e4ca9a.gif

So where are we...

Current posts counts as of Post #213

Barbara WW 56
    Holly WW 27
    Nigel WW 23
    Eva WW 18
    Lucy WW 18
    Frank WW 15
    Derry WW 10
    Baggly 9
    Isla WW 9
    Senan WW 6
    Jake WW 6
    Fiona WW 5
    Abigail WW 5
    Emily WW 4
    Steve WW 2

Anon Accounts yet to post:
    Katie WW
    Vernon WW

The Dead:

Patrick WW - NRV

That Baggly is looking mighty wolfy with just 9 posts so far ;) duffers and TB are on my watchlist too, not posting at all yet, tut tut :D

Steve brought attention to this earlier but nothing further...
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Morning all.

16 players/17 anon accounts? khalessi is the player missing from the sign-up thread
    Did Barbara admit to being in a backroom? I suppose no one could be that blazen/careless
    Frank going after Holly
    Barbara going after Frank like a dog with a bone

I'll be busy until 5pm, got things to do.
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Didn't spot any tasky things thus far. Poor Patrick never got a chance to post

It is now 5pm so will see what he's got to say for himself when he comes back on. So far his input has been alright to be fair

Emily has 4 posts, the first three of which are fluff:

Emily WW wrote: »
    Hello 2d people above.
    I must applaud the theme, original yet nostalgic.
    Its nothing more than a hello.
    Judging from the thread, Barbara has been rattling Frank.

Frank is now pointing at her to he tasky?.

Franks retaliation may be tit for tat. Babs may be rusttling trees and getting a response. Very little to work with thus far but if voting was now, Id vote frank.

Early days though

Then some shade on Frank that Frank has rebutted but no response yet. If I was picking a low poster I'd be inclined to vote Emily at the moment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

What's this wishing craic about?

It seemed possible that in the BCU, wishes could be granted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Emily is definitely a good shout.

• Advertisement

Not as good as Francis though*

Isla WW wrote: »

Maybe you have to rub your kettle while typing.

Abigail has 5 posts.

Not gone on the first one, very over-explainy. It's a Sunday, people are busy, so be it.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Good evening all. I've had an unexpectedly busy day. It appears I'm not the only one. Looking forward to the game. It seems like it's going to be an interesting one from the OP
    Patrick doesn't necessarily strike me as a strange kill choice. Surely it was a case of role hunting and hoping he was trying to keep attention off himself by not posting.
    That's exactly what a high posting baddie would say
    Or chooses at all. Reads as optional in the OP
    So they wouldn't inadvertently pick a baddie? Just throwing out ideas when they strike me

The other 4 posts are ok though, seems like a running train of thought very flowy and not forced.

STOOPID read of the day: The bolded line in her last post makes me read her village

Incidentally, based on what?

Fiona also has 5 posts

First 1 is day 0 banter imo anyways
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Is it good though Nigel ?

I know things will pick up but sometimes it’s nice to arrive and you’ve only missed a person mostly talking to themselves.
    Not an awful lot to go on to be fair. Looks like day 1 lynch will end up a crapshoot unless things pick up soon. We need more interactions guys...

I challange those not posting to come to the party otherwise we wrap them
    Up in a lynch fest lotto.

Like this post, encouraging activity, not exactly something an evil does tbh.
    I’ve now posted as much as half the village. :pac:
    5 baddies and 3 RVs in

Abigail WW
    Barbara WW
    Derry WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Jake WW
    Katie WW
    Lucy WW
    Nigel WW
    Senan WW
    Steve WW
    Vernon WW

Patrick WW - Dead NRV - random kill or agreed between Bad teams , does it matter?

Interesting theory. Agreed between bad teams would be weird though, has that ever happened before? Would mean some sort of comms between baddies... the thought of which scares me so I'm gonna just say no to that
    Maybe, just seemed quite random.

Response to Nigel iirc about their bigger post above.

I like their second post but I implore Fiona to practice what she preaches and talk more. Theories are good, they create discussion points.

Gonna have to put you in my 'to watch' pile to see if you back up what you were saying there

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Incidentally, based on what?

Its a boards combined universe. There was a thread asking for favorite things about past games, so I'm guessing there may be a revival of some previous game mechanics.
    With the lack of seer, and competition at one, I believed it was worth a try.

FYI: nothing came of it.

Jake of 6 posts next

Jake WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Thought I'd have more to catch up on. Salem is the cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
    Good Morning all.

The double Morning post that confused the heck out of me. That is cleared up in post 3...
    There was a substitution required. The original Jake was allergic to Salem.

Got a PM asking if I'd jump in as a sub.

Had a quick look & didn't see the original post.

Moving on :o
    This jumped out for me. Could be just a jokey play on a user's name.

Emily's post. IF there is a task it may be a simple thing like naming an active player.... but I dunno, there's two or three people you'd easily get away with naming quicker than 2D surely? Plus... it's not the actual username, and it would be incredibly meta... so I'm gonna say no way no way, mna mna
    Just the usual question everything that this game throws at you.

I'm sure it is more than likely just a bit of witty posting, just read as a task when I was skimming the thread.

Jake clarifies.
    So we have two wishes in the mix, is there a time limit on when these can be used?

Babs is really is going hard on Frank. She would be an obvious target when Frank decides to take aim, but would also increase the wolfiness of him.
    The village needs me.

The village does need statue pictures.

I'm not sure what to make of this last post tbh. I think it's the assumption the wishes are real... seems to want to point the gun directly at Babs immediately... and then shades Frank almost... pre-empting that Babs will flip village?

I'm probably reaching here a bit much but it seems like a perspective slip if you squint really really hard :D

Need more from Jake, I can't really say either way. Theory on the task is ok, that post does stand out. But I don't know if I like the hedginess re: Babs/Frank.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Its a boards combined universe. There was a thread asking for favorite things about past games, so I'm guessing there may be a revival of some previous game mechanics.
    With the lack of seer, and competition at one, I believed it was worth a try.

FYI: nothing came of it.

I know I was banging on a lot about tasks earlier but this is there any chance this is task? Considering that the OP seems to state that the task is for the munch on N1, could the task still be ongoing?

And I'm talking to myself here.

Gonna grab something to eat and be back later

Holly WW wrote: »
    Jake of 6 posts next

The double Morning post that confused the heck out of me. That is cleared up in post 3...

Moving on :o

Emily's post. IF there is a task it may be a simple thing like naming an active player.... but I dunno, there's two or three people you'd easily get away with naming quicker than 2D surely? Plus... it's not the actual username, and it would be incredibly meta... so I'm gonna say no way no way, mna mna

Jake clarifies.

I'm not sure what to make of this last post tbh. I think it's the assumption the wishes are real... seems to want to point the gun directly at Babs immediately... and then shades Frank almost... pre-empting that Babs will flip village?

I'm probably reaching here a bit much but it seems like a perspective slip if you squint really really hard :D

Need more from Jake, I can't really say either way. Theory on the task is ok, that post does stand out. But I don't know if I like the hedginess re: Babs/Frank.
    Well that part is definitely gonna happen.

Enjoy, Babs.

I know I was banging on a lot about tasks earlier but this is there any chance this is task? Considering that the OP seems to state that the task is for the munch on N1, could the task still be ongoing?

Is what a task? Writing in bold? asking for a peek?
    Will compete with the sk team for N1 munch and will have one kill per night.
    So, the theory is that myself and Frank are competing with each other and the task is to write in bold first on the thread? Then why did Frank bother doing it when I had clearly won the task by doing it first. Wouldn't he just accept losing the competition and attack me at night, lowering the opposing teams numbers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Isla in with the short jab.
    Everyone has gone awful quiet since Isla threw in that grenade...

Barbara I know I'm asking you a lot of things but why did you make so much of Isla's post?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Interesting theory. Agreed between bad teams would be weird though, has that ever happened before? Would mean some sort of comms between baddies... the thought of which scares me so I'm gonna just say no to that

On this, there have been a few games where there have been channels of communication between baddie teams. It is up to each baddie team as to how they might use it. Quite possible it is in play here as I don't think it has been for a while and a number of these roles are throwbacks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Emily is definitely a good shout.

Im a great shout to be lynched.

Im picking Frank. I have to pick someone, which I dislike doing on day 1 cause its a crap shoot. I feel Babs rustled the tree's for reactions and he got a a bit defensive.

Nothing wrong with being defensive, it doesnt mean hes a wolf. But hes as good as anyone on day 1.

Frank, sell me on not lynching you. Maybe sell me on lynching Babs?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Are we FFA'ing tonight

We are! Awesome! why dont I start the ball rolling so....

Isla: For the idea that we'd get at least one wolf in 10 posters. Stinks of wolf stating the obvious for filler

Holly: For her Iso work this afternoon. Don't want to discourage it later in game, but I am mindful that its a tactic often used by helpful wolves early on - looks useful but isn't really at this stage of the game

Jake: Mainly for this post
    So we have two wishes in the mix, is there a time limit on when these can be used?

Babs is really is going hard on Frank. She would be an obvious target when Frank decides to take aim, but would also increase the wolfiness of him.

QUOTE=Barbara WW;113741562]The village needs me.

The village does need statue pictures.[/QUOTE]

This is wrong on a few levels. 1 he seems to know Babs isnt a wolf, 2 babs implied she was thinking of switching to him earlier and now he's sort of soft pushing her for a bullet. Sort of feels like jakes flip might answer some stuff

That should also have #ffa1
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Are we FFA'ing tonight

Isla: For the idea that we'd get at least one wolf in 10 posters. Stinks of wolf stating the obvious for filler

Holly: For her Iso work this afternoon. Don't want to discourage it later in game, but I am mindful that its a tactic often used by helpful wolves early on - looks useful but isn't really at this stage of the game

The village does need statue pictures.

This is wrong on a few levels. 1 he seems to know Babs isnt a wolf, 2 babs implied she was thinking of switching to him earlier and now he's sort of soft pushing her for a bullet. Sort of feels like jakes flip might answer some stuff[/QUOTE]

and I also dont know how to use quote tags

Doh!

Senan WW wrote: »
    On this, there have been a few games where there have been channels of communication between baddie teams. It is up to each baddie team as to how they might use it. Quite possible it is in play here as I don't think it has been for a while and a number of these roles are throwbacks.

Lots of possibilities in this game, esp as its a BCU theme meaning any mechanic previously used in a boards game can be a reality.

Goes without saying but anything is possible.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Are we FFA'ing tonight

This is wrong on a few levels. 1 he seems to know Babs isnt a wolf, 2 babs implied she was thinking of switching to him earlier and now he's sort of soft pushing her for a bullet. Sort of feels like jakes flip might answer some stuff

Thanks. Next time I won't bother so :(

I dunno why I do them, not like anyone reads them anyways :rolleyes:

tenor.gif?itemid=12144219

Could Holly be a character from The Simpsons game?

Im paranoid right

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Just home and catching up, not sure I see an awful lot, I’m not a fan of N1 lynch as I never have a decent target. Playing tennis later aswell so won’t be around at lynch time.

Just home and catching up, not sure I see an awful lot, I’m not a fan of N1 lynch as I never have a decent target. Playing tennis later aswell so won’t be around at lynch time.

So who you voting for and why? Since you're not around later?

God that is so bloody annoying Derry.

You put me on an FFA and then right below me you place Jake for reasons I literally pointed out a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Enjoy, Babs.

You getting in on the talking to yourself act to Barbara?

Advertisement