Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Werewolf: BCU

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    God that is so bloody annoying Derry.

You put me on an FFA and then right below me you place Jake for reasons I literally pointed out a while back.

Whats your read on Derry thus far?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Jake of 6 posts next

The double Morning post that confused the heck out of me. That is cleared up in post 3...

Moving on :o

Emily's post. IF there is a task it may be a simple thing like naming an active player.... but I dunno, there's two or three people you'd easily get away with naming quicker than 2D surely? Plus... it's not the actual username, and it would be incredibly meta... so I'm gonna say no way no way, mna mna

Jake clarifies.

I'm not sure what to make of this last post tbh. I think it's the assumption the wishes are real... seems to want to point the gun directly at Babs immediately... and then shades Frank almost... pre-empting that Babs will flip village?

I'm probably reaching here a bit much but it seems like a perspective slip if you squint really really hard :D

Need more from Jake, I can't really say either way. Theory on the task is ok, that post does stand out. But I don't know if I like the hedginess re: Babs/Frank.

Stupid reason to FFA me when you then use exactly what I pointed out in my ISO against another poster.

Lazy, lazy Derry
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Are we FFA'ing tonight

We are! Awesome! why dont I start the ball rolling so....

Isla: For the idea that we'd get at least one wolf in 10 posters. Stinks of wolf stating the obvious for filler

Holly: For her Iso work this afternoon. Don't want to discourage it later in game, but I am mindful that its a tactic often used by helpful wolves early on - looks useful but isn't really at this stage of the game

Jake: Mainly for this post

This is wrong on a few levels. 1 he seems to know Babs isnt a wolf, 2 babs implied she was thinking of switching to him earlier and now he's sort of soft pushing her for a bullet. Sort of feels like jakes flip might answer some stuff

I'm inclined to vote for you now with this tbh, I hate when people do this

Derry WW wrote: »
    That should also have #ffa1

This is wrong on a few levels. 1 he seems to know Babs isnt a wolf, 2 babs implied she was thinking of switching to him earlier and now he's sort of soft pushing her for a bullet. Sort of feels like jakes flip might answer some stuff

Can you clarify who believes Babs is not a wolf, the quoting has confused me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Just in, I'm going to read the thread and see what I can come up with

Emily WW wrote: »
    Can you clarify who believes Babs is not a wolf, the quoting has confused me.

Read my quote above, it's in reference to Jake. I pointed it out in my ISO then Derry stole it and used it to FFA me (for ISOing) and Jake for the same reason that I pointed out

The quote is pre-empting that Babs will flip village immediately casting shade on Frank and his imaginary gun shooting her

• Advertisement

My own read on Derry is that he may be trying to paint someone in a bad light by accusing them of assuming Babs is not a wolf.

From my own reasoning I believe Babs, based on her play this morning, to potentially be rustling trees and seeking reactions. Im not discounting that shes a wolf, but I think thus far shes less likely to be a wolf.

so Derry, why would it be wrong for Jake to feel the same? I dont feel anyone knows Babs isnt a wolf, or implying it yet, people are dealing with absolutes yet, merely probabilities and hunches.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Read my quote above, it's in reference to Jake. I pointed it out in my ISO then Derry stole it and used it to FFA me (for ISOing) and Jake for the same reason that I pointed out

The quote is pre-empting that Babs will flip village immediately casting shade on Frank and his imaginary gun shooting her

i'll go back and read, but initial response is that the theory is reaching.

what is more interesting, is derry plagurising (how TF do you spell that?) you. it could be nothing. i dunno

Gee, I may jump to Derry from Frank. Obviously plenty of time for Frank to make me feel better about him, also plenty of time for Derry to explain his posts thus far a bit better.

Day one folks. Sadly its a tough day to pick a lynchee as there is little evidence of a wolf yet.

So right now Im still on Frank, just. Only he and Derry make me uneasy right now, but its a low bar. Nevertheless, lets see what happens until 9.

Jake WW wrote: »
    So we have two wishes in the mix, is there a time limit on when these can be used?

Babs is really is going hard on Frank. She would be an obvious target when Frank decides to take aim, but would also increase the wolfiness of him.

so this is what people are referring to (i took out some of the incorrectly used quote tags. go back to post #211).

jake takes the wishes at face value, frank asking for a gun. and he would use it on barbara as she was going hard after him, so revenge?

was barbara going hard after frank?

jake, why would frank shoot barbara?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    i'll go back and read, but initial response is that the theory is reaching.

what is more interesting, is derry plagurising (how TF do you spell that?) you. it could be nothing. i dunno

Plagiarising I believe. Even if my keyboard wants to Americanise it by changing the s to a z :(

I'm gonna stick with my theory, reaching as it is. I'm a stubborn old bint

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Is what a task? Writing in bold? asking for a peek?

So, the theory is that myself and Frank are competing with each other and the task is to write in bold first on the thread? Then why did Frank bother doing it when I had clearly won the task by doing it first. Wouldn't he just accept losing the competition and attack me at night, lowering the opposing teams numbers.

Dunno tbh, it just seemed like an odd thing for two people to post. I don't have a theory as to what the task is but for example you could both be on the same team and both have to wish for something in order to get both things.

The reason I'm focusing on the task element is that it's mentioned in the OP so we know that there is a task of some description - it's one of the few things we know for sure. Obviously if the task is off thread, I'm chasing my tail though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    You getting in on the talking to yourself act to Barbara?

Well, Holly copied me.

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Dunno tbh, it just seemed like an odd thing for two people to post. I don't have a theory as to what the task is but for example you could both be on the same team and both have to wish for something in order to get both things.

The reason I'm focusing on the task element is that it's mentioned in the OP so we know that there is a task of some description - it's one of the few things we know for sure. Obviously if the task is off thread, I'm chasing my tail though

I wish for Lucy to stop fixating on tasks

:D

Senan WW wrote: »
    Barbara I know I'm asking you a lot of things but why did you make so much of Isla's post?

Because I thought they had some sort of power and were activating it.

I wish for Lucy to stop fixating on tasks

:D

I'm thinking the same actually, esp when nobody else seems to consider it important

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Just home and catching up, not sure I see an awful lot, I’m not a fan of N1 lynch as I never have a decent target. Playing tennis later aswell so won’t be around at lynch time.

Princess Fiona VI encourages people to post more earlier while she herself isn't.

at the very least, we may get some good wagonomics from tonight's lynch.

i might even vote Eva.

With there being no auto-priest, am I correct in saying that there's no "flip" as such? Only the priest gets that info and it's up to them then how/if they reveal that information to the rest of the villagers?

With there being no auto-priest, am I correct in saying that there's no "flip" as such? Only the priest gets that info and it's up to them then how/if they reveal that information to the rest of the villagers?

correct

Is it not blatantly obvious already that I'm a villager?

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the other thing, you're correct there.

Just home and catching up, not sure I see an awful lot, I’m not a fan of N1 lynch as I never have a decent target. Playing tennis later aswell so won’t be around at lynch time.

When are you going to vote?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Is it not blatantly obvious already that I'm a villager?

Is anybody “obviously” a villager? :confused:

~70% of us are. thats what makes night 1 lynch tricky.

OvJPtmV.gif

Welcome back.

If everyone listed their most villagery person, I'd be top of the list.

We talked earlier about voting low so I'm going with Vernon (currently no posts I think?) for now but that could change

When are you going to vote?

In the next half an hour and I’m thinking of Vernon or Katie as I don’t have a solid feel from rush reading.

Barbara WW wrote: »

Welcome back.

If everyone listed their most villagery person, I'd be top of the list.

Eh, no you wouldn't... I'd be top of my own list :p

abigail and steve are 2 low posters as well. i'm not usually a fan of lynching the low posters on night 1. well i'm actually not a fan of lynching on night 1

• Advertisement

Nigel WW wrote: »
    ~70% of us are. thats what makes night 1 lynch tricky.

Are you serious? I’ve never played this game and been overly confident on my night 1 pick. Never ever ever, so maybe I’m either a bad player or some of you are bluffers.

Advertisement