Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop and Donedeal

Options
  • 14-06-2020 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭

I have a fairly old Toshiba laptop,which i just use for emails/internet which does the job except for Donedeal for some reason, when i click on a add and then click to see photos of the add,they maybe 5/6 photos when i click to see next photo i have to wait for it to load for a long time most of the time i give up, Adverts ok ,Utube videos ok, its just Donedeal, annoying, any settings i can adjust?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,598 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing the browsing history?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing the browsing history?

just tried it,no joy, Firefox im using, i notice the third party adds next to the add are slow to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    just tried it,no joy, Firefox im using, i notice the third party adds next to the add are slow to load.
    Try a different browser or try in incognito mode or its equivalent in Firefox.

just tried Google Chrome,same, internet speed over wi fi 12mbs download, 4.46 upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    just tried Google Chrome,same, internet speed over wi fi 12mbs download, 4.46 upload.

Is it the same on other devices like phones etc? Or to see if it is your broadband you could turn on the hotspot on your phone and connect the laptop to it. If it improves then it was the internet provider or connection.

• Advertisement

It seems to work fine in incognito mode as you suggested, why would this be?

Advertisement