Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different IBAN on website and Bank Statement.

Options
  • 14-06-2020 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, for some reason I have 2 different IBANs in my online account and on my bank statement.

My online IBAN starts at IE92, but Bank statement came with IE68.

Because of that, I can't receive payments from my job. Can you tell me how to fix it? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Are the last 8 digits of both the same? You can put your details in here: https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/iban-calculator/ and it will tell you the correct IBAN.

If the last 8 digits aren't the same, then you're looking at two different accounts

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Precedens wrote: »
    Hi, for some reason I have 2 different IBANs in my online account and on my bank statement.

My online IBAN starts at IE92, but Bank statement came with IE68.

Because of that, I can't receive payments from my job. Can you tell me how to fix it? 
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

We’d advise that you check the last 8 digits of these IBANs as they could be two different IBANs for two different accounts. 

Alternatively, you’d certainly be able confirm your IBAN by contacting our Customer Service Desk directly. 

If you log on to www.365Online.com and select the options ‘Service Desk’ > ‘Ask a Question’ or by calling 0818 365 365 and an Advisor would be more than happy to confirm these details for you. 

I hope this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Tow

There is a bug in BOI systems, where they used the wrong sortcode to generate IBAN check digits.  The two digits after 'IE'.  It happened to some accounts which were moved from their original branch due to it closing.  If the rest of the IBAN is the same, from memory the one on the Statement is incorrect.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi all,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I completely understand the confusion with this. Due to the closure of some branches many years ago, they were merged with another branches in the area resulting in the change of Sort Code. 

Both IBANs are valid, however, we would recommend using the IBAN with the new sort code to ensure there are no undue delays with applying any transfers. 

I hope this information helps! 

If there is anything more we can help with, please get in touch.

Many thanks,
    Megan 

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Precedens

Ok thanks, that's the reason I presume. My branch on O'Connell street in Limerick was moved due to closure and just now I have realized, only because one of my payer pointed it out and had mismatch between bank statement and actual banking address. 

Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement