Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The fast 800

Options
  • 14-06-2020 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi

So have been doing fast 800 https://thefast800.com/

Have lost a stone in 5 weeks which is good but weight loss after week one has slowed to approx 1- 1.5 a week. I’ve 5 stone to lose I would have expected faster results but I’m 51 so could be an age thing ?
    Anyone else doing this plan ? Do I need to be careful of carb levels or as long as I stick up 800 calories ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi

Have lost a stone in 5 weeks which is good but weight loss after week one has slowed to approx 1- 1.5 a week. I’ve 5 stone to lose I would have expected faster results but I’m 51 so could be an age thing ?
    Anyone else doing this plan ? Do I need to be careful of carb levels or as long as I stick up 800 calories ?

Do they not provide any detail?

A quick scan says it's moderately low-carb and no refined carbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sunshine2018

Do they not provide any detail?

A quick scan says it's moderately low-carb and no refined carbs.

Not really they just say reduce refined carbs
    I guess I’ll just keep going on 800 - just thinking it’s not really any better results wise than a less extreme option

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Wait ...you eat 800 cals a day and fast some days???

NOT healthy.

NOT healthy.

I can understand your initial reaction but there are lists of studies on how vlcd can assist with weight loss for obesity
    I don’t fast I have 800 per day

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I can understand your initial reaction but there are lists of studies on how vlcd can assist with weight loss for obesity
    I don’t fast I have 800 per day

Have you consulted a GP before you started this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

NOT healthy.

Can you back that up with actual evidence?

If you have no health issues and you supplement accordingly with electrolytes and fluids then fasting is not only safe but has huge benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seems odd that both a 6foot 8inch beast of a man and a 5 foot nothing slightly overwieght woman are both put on the same 800kcal a day.

Have you consulted a GP before you started this?

Yes I have and she was supportive

Can you back that up with actual evidence?

If you have no health issues and you supplement accordingly with electrolytes and fluids then fasting is not only safe but has huge benefits.

Yes thank you ! Lots of research about the benefits. Type 2 diabetes can be reversed in some cases by following a vlcd - lots of benefits to fasting if done properly

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hi

Losing 1-1.5 pounds a week is a great achievement in itself - well done.

Its also at the middle upper part of the recommended weight loss range of 1-2 pounds, and most of that loss in weight is probably fat.

You are dissappointed by the decreased results since you started, but people typically lose more weight at the start, especially on low carb diets, because:

1. You lose stored glycogen;
    2. You lose stored water;
    3. You are carrying less "waste" internally because you are eating less volume.

As others said, speak to a GP before doing a fad, low cal diet or, in your case, speak to your GP now to get bloods etc after a month of it. It doesnt sound like a healthy or sustainable diet to me, but Im only saying that as a caveat not to be a jerk.

Keep up the good work and dont get discouraged if the rate of weight loss has decreased

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I've also done this diet successfully, but like anything, you must stick with it.

I was surprised at how much science there was behind it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement