Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Anyone having trouble using the app to cast the stream to a TV? No chromecast symbol showing up for me within the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    You register the stick, login when prompted using your existing login details (do not create a new account) and the passes will be added to your account.

When you go to https://www.nowtv.com/ie/account/passes it will show 'You have 2 vouchers waiting for you'

You can only activate these when in the last 30 days before the existing offer you have runs out. Then you just click on and activate them. next month, do the same. Just make sure to do before the date you revert to full pricing.

I am so glad I posted on here to ask for advice, as it took nowtv over 3 weeks to reply, and even then they informed me I should wait for my current pass offer to expire in November before I activated my nowtv smart stick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

chasm wrote: »
    I am so glad I posted on here to ask for advice, as it took nowtv over 3 weeks to reply, and even then they informed me I should wait for my current pass offer to expire in November before I activated my nowtv smart stick!!!

I'm just using as they expire, rather than loading all at once, as I'd be kicking myself if they have a better offer for 3 or 6 months, which they might do at some stage, like the pigsback one last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    I'm just using as they expire, rather than loading all at once, as I'd be kicking myself if they have a better offer for 3 or 6 months, which they might do at some stage, like the pigsback one last year.

I had taken advantage of an offer that runs until november, but i then decided to buy a stick as i was having issues using a laptop attached to the tv, but nowtv support's suggestion of waiting until november to activate the stick defeated the purpose of buying it. The stick came preloaded with the sky sport and sports extra pack and despite what support seemed to imply they are both listed on my account for use whenever i activate them, as you told me they would be when i originally asked 2 weeks ago. So Thanks again Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Started having an issue over the last couple of days.

Anytime i try to access my Sky Sports channel, i get the error Country access restricted.

Which is odd, as my phone works fine and they are both using the same wifi connection.

Anyone see similar?

Edit - Looks like my DNS settings causing the problem..was fine last week and not an issue on my phone app. Anyway, just incase others seeing similar

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

is it still only 720hd or have they gone full hd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

is it still only 720hd or have they gone full hd ?

No full HD, I asked them last week was it coming and they said no not this year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Full HD however is available in the UK for an extra fee. I can't see any reason why they won't offer it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

lertsnim wrote: »
    Full HD however is available in the UK for an extra fee. I can't see any reason why they won't offer it here.

I pointed that out twice to Now tv Ireland they don't seem to care :)

They are easily contactable on fb messenger Now tv Ireland maybe if more people put pressure on them they might take note

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

Now TV have the Sky Sports/Sports Extra bundle 50% off again for the first three months.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview?awc=11008_1605361074_2441c5e21dd7d9730945602e67c449f6

I purchased this offer 2 months ago and is due to expire early December, does anyone know if i can cancel my sub before it expires and repurchase the above offer (think the offer ends 30 Nov)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

melatonin wrote: »
    Now TV have the Sky Sports/Sports Extra bundle 50% off again for the first three months.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-overview?awc=11008_1605361074_2441c5e21dd7d9730945602e67c449f6

I purchased this offer 2 months ago and is due to expire early December, does anyone know if i can cancel my sub before it expires and repurchase the above offer (think the offer ends 30 Nov)?
    As your on last month of existing offer, you should be able to buy new offer without cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can you just get sky sports on it's own in the offer or just teh bundle deal of both?

givecredit wrote: »
    As your on last month of existing offer, you should be able to buy new offer without cancellation

tried it there but unfortunately it automatically took it of my basket "You’ve already got our %{productsString}, so we’ve removed it from your basket."

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Would this voucher offer from pigsback be any good to you?

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/451738/nowtv

3 Months Sky Sports 59 euro
    3 Months Sky Sports Extra 51 euro

Redeem voucher(s) anytime up to January 31st 2021
    You have to cancel in the same way as any nowtv pass or price reverts to normal.

Would this voucher offer from pigsback be any good to you?

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/451738/nowtv

3 Months Sky Sports 59 euro
    3 Months Sky Sports Extra 51 euro

Redeem voucher(s) anytime up to January 31st 2021
    You have to cancel in the same way as any nowtv pass or price reverts to normal.

Thanks for the heads up.

I contacted Nowtv who said:

"The only option to avail the deal on our website is, by cancelling the pass instantly."

i'd say i will hold off on cancelling for a while and hope the deal is still going for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks for the heads up.

I contacted Nowtv who said:

"The only option to avail the deal on our website is, by cancelling the pass instantly."

i'd say i will hold off on cancelling for a while and hope the deal is still going for a while

It says the deal expires 30 Nov in the small print at the bottom - I wonder if you cancel now (but say still have a few weeks left of your last month), does it let you sign up again or will it still say "you already have an active sub so can't subscribe"

It says the deal expires 30 Nov in the small print at the bottom - I wonder if you cancel now (but say still have a few weeks left of your last month), does it let you sign up again or will it still say "you already have an active sub so can't subscribe"

Currently it says "you already have a subscription". I'm gonna cancel my original subscription Nov 29th and see if i can get the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Anyone else getting auto redirected to the uk web site when trying to sign up for this offer

sugarman wrote: »
    Why wait till then? If you cancel your subscription now you'll still have access until the end of the month either way.

Presumably if i did it now, my subscription would run from today until 3 months. Waiting until end November would be 3 months from that date. That's my thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Currently it says "you already have a subscription". I'm gonna cancel my original subscription Nov 29th and see if i can get the deal

I cancelled mine but it still runs until the middle of December so it won't let me sign up to the new offer (getting the "You’ve already got our %{productsString}, so we’ve removed it from your basket." message)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

originally signed up for the 6 mth deal at €40 a month ... went to cancel as my 6 mths is up mid Dec.

Offered 3 months deal on both passes.

Sky Sports 23.40 a month / Sports extra 20.40 a month.

That will get me up to Mid March then see what is on offer then..

I cancelled mine but it still runs until the middle of December so it won't let me sign up to the new offer (getting the "You’ve already got our %{productsString}, so we’ve removed it from your basket." message)

Same happened with me, ended up creating a new account and purchased the deal again

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Anyone know if i can sign up for the 3 month Sports and Sports Extra 50% off and cancel it immediately? I know ill forget to cancel at the end and will get stung for a month at full price at the end. Id prefer to enjoy the 3 months not having to remember to cancel!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Salmon wrote: »
    Anyone know if i can sign up for the 3 month Sports and Sports Extra 50% off and cancel it immediately? I know ill forget to cancel at the end and will get stung for a month at full price at the end. Id prefer to enjoy the 3 months not having to remember to cancel!!!

You can cancel it straight away and it will the remaining period will stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

I bought 3 months Sky Sports and paid cost up front and cancelled pass couple of days later and pass will remain active for remaining period.

I have also bought 6 months Sky Sports and Sky Sports Extra passes this year and again paid up front then cancelled pass couple of days later and pass will remain active for remaining period.

Suppose it depends on how you are billed.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

What's the quality like compared to Sky Go folks?

What's the quality like compared to Sky Go folks?

I've not used Sky Go, but i would consider Now TV's quality to be standard. I've found "streams" online with better (and worse) quality. I've also found there's around a 1 - 2 minute delay on the stream. The length depends on how you stream. I found there's less of a delay on my tv versus my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

sugarman wrote: »
    You can't because it's billed monthly meaning you would only get 1 month of the offer.

Best just set a reminder on your phone to cancel.

Cheers,

It probably depends on if you get a 3 months upfront offer or a month by month one. Probably best to set a reminder for 8 or 9 weeks time and cancel then.

Cheers folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Bit off topic but does anyone know is the Sky Sports with NOW TV in HD?

Have Sky Sports with Eir and don't think it is HD but open to correction here.

Got a HD TV over the weekend so just want to make best use of it so ordered in HD channels from Eir and it seems BT sport channels much higher quality than Sky Sports ones, Eir only seems to have the one lot of Sky Sports channels whereas BT have specific HD channels. Maybe somebody could confirm if this is the case!

Advertisement