Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adjusting uPVC tilt and turn windows?

• 14-06-2020 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi All,

Having a problem with the windows in the house - they're the ones that can tilt towards you at the top, or open like a door.

Unfortunately a few of them are not closing because they're off square. They all seem to be dropping about 5mm at the handle stile (outer edge) which makes it whack the frame when closing.

So I tried adjusting the hinges - using an alan key on the bottom hinge - but the damn thing seems to be just going around and around. It offers some resistance then after a while gets really easy then starts getting hard again - as if it's not engaging it's thread mechanism properly. Apparently this one makes it go up or down a few mm. To close it I've had to lever it up with a pinchbar tonight :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I have two of these and their a night mare to adjust correctly believe me even when I got the expert in it was painful watching the effort he had to put in but he got a result as he knew what he was doing.

Advertisement