Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sanding floors.

• 15-06-2020 8:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭

Sanding the wooden floor in back room. Any suggestions 're hiring a floor sander. Would I get away with a belt sander?. How many times do I sand it. And do I sand it between coats of varnish. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

skilachi wrote: »
    Sanding the wooden floor in back room. Any suggestions 're hiring a floor sander. Would I get away with a belt sander?. How many times do I sand it. And do I sand it between coats of varnish. Thanks

Hire one, they're not expensive for the effort they save you. Think we paid €45 for a drum sander and edge sander for 1 day. That was possible collected on Saturday returned on Monday too.

Depending on how bad the floors are, start off with a low grit (40-60 grit) and work your way up to about 120 grit. Hire an edge sander too. Get everything down to 120grit, clean everything up, then start sealing.

Do not sand between coats of varnish.
    Don't wear shoes when sanding, as they can scuff/mark the unprotected wood. I just wore a pair of socks when doing ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

Appreciate that.

Advertisement