Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plumbing Shower

• 15-06-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭

Im hoping to put a shower in a shed .

I have a water supply out there . I was just wondering is it possible to plumb directly into a toilet ,basin and shower ?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Make you don't connect the wrong end of the toilet. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭CaptainCoPilot

What sort of shower?

(I presume you want hot water for the shower)

If a normal plumbed shower you will need a way of heating the water in a cylinder (boiler/immersion etc). You will need a tank in your shed to feed the cylinder with water for the shower and a shower pump to have any useful pressure.

If an electric shower, you will most likely need to put a tank in the loft of your shed to feed the shower. Most, but not all, electric showers have to be tank fed rather than mains fed. Your main issue with an electric shower will be the wiring of it. You will need an electrician for this, not a DIY job. You may not have enough power going to the shed for a shower. In addition, if there's another electric shower in your house somewhere you will probably need a relay so both cant operate at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

what is in the shed at the mo? re sinks, jacks, etc.
    How far is it from the CU?
    How big is the existing cable?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

what is in the shed at the mo? re sinks, jacks, etc.
    How far is it from the CU?
    How big is the existing cable?

Cheers for the reply ...I have a heavy cable going to the shed to supply the shed with intention of fitting switchover in the house .At the minute all I have is a water supply and waste going to the shed with nothing plumbed up .I was hoping to go with an electric shower but I wasn't sure if the water supply would be good enough to supply shower etc .

Advertisement