Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Census Recruitment

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Beckett99

Same. Was giving it a go but live in rural area and no car. All that back and forth, too much hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

As already said you have to make contact with the householder, explain the census to them, ask for their name and number, how many are in the house and give them a form. You might need to give them extra individual forms depending on numbers living their. You also need to find out what day and time is best to collect it i.e. evenings on certain days after 6 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I initially applied for this and didnt bother pursuing it after looking at how much it pays, it's just not worth it. Worked out as less than what I get from my part time job so not worth the hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There should be extra payment for mileage on top of the salary.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭wench

There is.

"A separate pre-determined travel allowance is payable for each enumeration area. The amount of the allowance has been calculated by the Central Statistics Office on the basis of its estimate of the necessary travel within the enumeration area for the purposes of the Census of Population 2022."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

I found the easiest part was delivering the forms. Getting the forms back completed correctly was a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfc 1

Can anyone give a rough estimate on what you can expect to earn as an enumerator. I have read the website and the breakdown. But in reality what does that end up being and is it taxed? I read that it’s up to €3200 (I know it will in reality be no where near) but is that figure before tax? Thank you

It's before tax. You will be taxed at the higher rate if your already on that from another job or if the income from the Enumerator jobs brings you above the threshold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is it still 4 full days of training at the end of the month for this? I wanted to do this but I can't do the 4 full days of training Monday to Thursday. The probably should mention it when doing the application because there doesnt seem to be anything on their site about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mons1

My supervisor told me my training is next Monday and Tuesday 9am-5pm which I thought was long

I am yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭CiboC

I was told by my FS next Tues & Wed 0915 to 1600 via zoom, crate delivery will be this week so you can see the material prior to training...

Ya same I was surprised I didn't think it would be that long

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rossj

So if I havnt been told by a Field Supervisor or have the nod that Ive been selected, its too late and I wont be involved??

When & How were you 'chosen ones' told that you were successful in being selected..still kinda holding out hope here that theres a chance but it doesnt look like it if crate delivery of the material is this week??????

When do we get the training payment is it before or after

• Advertisement

How were ppl told they were successful? are ppl training today??

Advertisement