Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe Reverse Racism exists?

Options
  • 15-06-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

With all the anti-white sentiment on social media right now..is it time for people to acknowledge there is a real problem with Reverse Racism..

the level of anti-white hatred has never been so evident.

Does Reverse Racism Exist 146 votes

YES
    83% 122 votes
    NO
    16% 24 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’ve witnessed racism (verbal comments) against “white Irish” on a number of occasions by persons who appeared to be African origin so damn right yes it does exist in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's not reverse racism though, is it? It's just racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Yes and No.

What we call racism is simple in-group preference, which is natural, and exists in all people.

The fact that it seems only to apply to whites betrays modern use of the word "racism" as an essentially anti-white pejorative.

And yes, the anti-white hatred is becoming clear now. Demographics are close to making whites a minority in formerly white countries like the US and Britain, and other groups are emboldened by the prospect. They can smell blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

kowloon wrote: »
    It's not reverse racism though, is it? It's just racism.

well there are those who believe black people cant be racist to a white person. its only a one way street.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It exists (although the "reverse" label is wrong, it's just plain racism), and it's much more blatant than racism against Asians or Africans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I work in transportation of human beings and as a whole most get along or keep to themselves.

I've only ever come across racism 3 times in 14 years so it ain't as bad as they're making out.

I've had much more incidents where the racism was aimed at me and my skin colour as I'm white and Irish.

I fully appreciate there is racism and sure there is all sorts of loonies out there but what's going on now is out of control and we are been all made out to be racist....

It's the same argument some women have that men are rapists and kiddy fiddler's and so on.....

Very small % and I really am not happy with leo and his comments against whites and too many in the civil service.....

Eh hello we are a tiny island where the indigenous people are white.... We didn't wake up one day and throw the black people out.

I find the whole thing bizarre and how 2faced these thugs are doing the looting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Reverse racism only came in to use in response to the utterly ridiculous idea from some that racism is prejudice + power.

That has gained traction across the modern left.

It's a ridiculous term but it is a response to a ridiculous definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

absolutely exists and unlike racism against other groups , its openly tolerated and applauded in our universities, on social media and politically.

its not even 'reverse racism' calling it that implies that white people are the source of all racism which is very much not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Nozebleed wrote: »
    With all the anti-white sentiment on social media right now..is it time for people to acknowledge there is a real problem with Reverse Racism..

I've no idea what reverse racism is. It sounds like an excess of equality.

If there's anyi-white racism, then it's racism.

Where do you see it, OP? You should be sure to point it out.

It's often an excess of boots to the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

If there's anyi-white racism, then it's racism.

Where do you see it, OP? You should be sure to point it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPB8-6_fopg

Danzy wrote: »
    It's often an excess of boots to the head.

That sounds like assault too. So where do you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

All Lives Matter. Saying anything else just perpetuates and pronounces the divide. All Lives Matter is about unity and togetherness. We are all one of the same. Bringing up arbitrary differences between us like skin colour only exuberates the divide.

And probably it does happen. But in our American/western narrative, ''we''(Bosnians massacred in the wars, Irish discriminated against in the North of Ireland) rule the roost. Can you be racist against the oppressor? I suppose connotations of racism come with the idea of feeling inferior.

Of course racism against whites exist. We are humans, capable of great kindness but equal brutality towards the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

well there are those who believe black people cant be racist to a white person. its only a one way street.

That's a pretty racist line of thinking. Racism goes both ways, and I'm sure most of the people protesting would agree. Of course, that doesn't mean black and white people experience the same forms of racism. All other things being equal, I think I'm probably less likely to get hassled by the police in the average American city than an African-American guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

No and using social media to gauge society as a whole is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Racism exists in every country between all races. It's a bit of bad human nature we are trying to overcome.

Can you be racist against the oppressor? r.

Just wow.

I mean in the sense that the narrative is driven by a white European culture which now, in the form of Americanisation, dominates our cultural landscape and ways of framing the world. In the way the current narrative is framed, all whites represent the oppressors and 'people of colour' are the ones subjugated to systemic racism laid down by us. So my view is that racism comes from power. When you feel in control, you don't care about it to the same degree as you would if you have been made to feel inferior. Someone in Dublin will probably not give af about someone in London ribbing on his/her Irishness, but someone from Derry, might take a very different view.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

With hundreds and hundreds of millions of people all now having a voice and all thinking they know it all, it stands to reason that racism will be blown way out of proportion. It exists. Has always. Will always exist. There are many tools and resources and legal aids in society to tackle it and deal with it......cant we just stfu and get on with life?

People are now searching and digging likel lunatics to actually make out that "their people" are more affected than your people and so on.....

Christopher fooking Columbus, who is almost 600 years old can't even RIP today...

The world is a cesspool of crazy ass combative sh1t. People are obsessed with fighting and giving out....

Demographics are close to making whites a minority in formerly white countries like the US and Britain, and other groups are emboldened by the prospect. They can smell blood.

How are whites close to becoming a minority when 13% of Americans are black and about 3% of Brits are black...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

This idea online that somehow white men in America are the ones being held down and prejudiced against is beyond hilarious.

Yeah, what that woman said is racist. Just racist. Fair enough if you want a special term for taco against your race. Stranhe way of going about the issue though.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    This idea online that somehow white men in America are the ones being held down and prejudiced against is beyond hilarious.

it depends, out on the street - absolutely not , in the working classes - absolutely not, in the boardroom, higher executive positions and promotions , the media, on social media - absolutely yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I have personally experienced racism from African Americans. I lived in NYC for over 15 years. Also why do you call it "reverse racism"? It's just racism.

Danzy wrote: »
    Just wow.

That poster was being doing irony.

How are whites close to becoming a minority when 13% of Americans are black and about 3% of Brits are black...

yeah the replacement stuff is pretty far fetched, the only slight bit of realistic truth to it is the reproduction rate among white people is below other races and is falling while its growing among immigrants and improved healthcare is lowering infant mortality rates among poorer non white populations.

the US will remain a predominantly white country till long after I'm dead , but white babies being the minority on maternity wards across the country is a medium term likelihood.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Demographics are close to making whites a minority in formerly white countries like the US and Britain, and other groups are emboldened by the prospect. They can smell blood.

Where did you get that one?

Isn’t the black population of the US 12 or 13%? Whereas the white population is in the 70s.

In the UK the gap is even bigger.

You’re talking tarmac there, son. Absolute “tosh”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This isn't like some oh wow they're racist too revelation. It just is, humans can be pricks and unkind, why does it horrify people that people will use race as one stick to beat people with? We use everything to feel superior to others, intelligence, accent, looks, where you went to school, what you own etc. etc. Pricks will be pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Whites in the US are down from over 90% 60 years ago to 65% today, and project to be a minority before 2050. Whites in the UK are projected to be a minority by 2060, even without further immigration.

There are other non-white groups apart from black/African. I shouldn't have to explain this to adults.

• Advertisement

That sounds like assault too. So where do you see it?

Seen it in Ireland, saw it loads while J1ing in New York.

The visceral hatred for oriental from black Anericans,often physical, the return though never saw physical, and on and on.

Advertisement