Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe Reverse Racism exists?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

maccored wrote: »
    Circa 50% if murder arrests are from African Americans.

For aggravated assault, armed robbery, burglary, car theft, dui, general violent crime whatever that means it is up on 60 to 70% black.

The death toll for black America with cops is higher than demographics suggest but way too low given the out of control problem with criminality and especially violent crime in African American communities.

That's culture and to a lesser degree environmental,West Africans are among the best performing in America.

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2

Those figures from the Justice department are truly shocking.

vetinari wrote: »
    It makes sense if you think about it.
    The systemic racism that views black people as a threat works on black people too. Why wouldn't it? They're part of the same society.

Black cops will have grown up seeing the outrageous levels of violent crime in African American communities.

They'll leave talk of institutional police racism to rich white kids. They'll see black police chiefs, mostly black command and mostly black fellow officers, in cities like Baltimore, New York, Atlanta etc. Certainly on the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

correct, but id imagine if you went 20 years before that, it was likely 90% , not saying they need all the positions but there is a concerted PR and investor led agenda to diversify boardrooms, even at the expense of the best candidate being promoted, and the message is very clear 'no more white men'

More women are being trained and entering workforce.

20 years ago the vast majority of my undergrad business class were female. Girls outnumbered lads 2:1 in my postgrad class 15 years ago.

Its not a big conspiracy, women are just becoming more educated. However still the vast majority of top positions are held by men.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Thanks. The gist of first story was interesting, that farmer owners mainly happen to be white, and killers mainly happen to be black, but the expert doesn't see farm killings as racially motivated.

The second story is a single incidence of a feud where one farmer kills another.
    The ongoing feud was over water between the two farms.

More women are being trained and entering workforce.

20 years ago the vast majority of my undergrad business class were female. Girls outnumbered lads 2:1 in my postgrad class 15 years ago.

Its not a big conspiracy, women are just becoming more educated. However still the vast majority of top positions are held by men.

It's very difficult to get women to work in senior roles, you can mentor, support and promote to a certain level but the fall off is massive.

Very few men will want that life and pressure, even fewer women do.

Life is for living and above mid level management you need to stop living , you need to put family, friends and personal life 2nd to the job in a way few are willing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    the term " white male " is today used as a put down , its intended to be derogatory yet its entirely respectable to trot it out , colette browne of the irish independent doest it regularly as do countless other left wing media figures here , in the uk and america

thats prejudice at official polite society level

I mean if you are going to use this sort of reasoning everything is a put down.

I am a GAA, soccer and pro wrestling fan and fans of those past-times are sh*t on regularly by non fans online and in the media.

Almost a third of poll respondents don't believe reverse racism exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

biko wrote: »

i personally find that astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Nozebleed wrote: »
    i personally find that astonishing.

You have to wonder what percentage of those who responded 'no' did so because they think that reverse racism is just racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

osarusan wrote: »
    You have to wonder what percentage of those who responded 'no' did so because they think that reverse racism is just racism.

Absolute nonsense of a concept, racism is racism, reverse racism is basically a defense against being a racist, or if not being a racist then a defense for keeping that which has been gained through inequality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

but thats a cop out, by that token I could say modern anti black racism comes from white peoples experience of blacks committing crime.

aye, if you white and havent a clue what i said means, then yeah, its a cop out

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

It was a poorly phrased question.

I don't know what to vote as I don't view it as 'reverse racism' as that implies that 'white people' are the sole instigators of 'non-reverse racism', which I totally disagree with.

So I don't believe in reverse racism, but I believe that all countries have racists.

It deosnt....your a fair bit down a conspiracy/interenet rubbish rabbithole to believe racism is anything other than hating someone based on race

Reverse racism is a bullsh1t term,solely found on solely internet,everyone else just call it racism,i voted no

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“Reverse racism” is an insipid phrase. Racism can come from anybody, and it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Danzy wrote: »
    Black cops will have grown up seeing the outrageous levels of violent crime in African American communities.

They'll leave talk of institutional police racism to rich white kids. They'll see black police chiefs, mostly black command and mostly black fellow officers, in cities like Baltimore, New York, Atlanta etc. Certainly on the east coast.

You're conflating two separate issues there.
    The systemic racism in US law enforcement that black people complain about has nothing to do with crime / murder statistics. Black people get pulled over while driving at greater frequencies, get arrested at greater rates for drug possession, more likely to be shot while unarmed etc.

None of that has to do with the black murder rate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The systemic racism in US law enforcement that black people complain about has nothing to do with crime / murder statistics. Black people get pulled over while driving at greater frequencies, get arrested at greater rates for drug possession, more likely to be shot while unarmed etc.

You serious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

actually the drug crimes have a hell of a lot to do with it.

more likely to be shot while unarmed etc.
    US police are actually less inclined to shoot at black suspects
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/1745-9133.12187
    We found that, despite clear evidence of implicit bias against Black suspects, officers were slower to shoot armed Black suspects than armed White suspects, and they were less likely to shoot unarmed Black suspects than unarmed White suspects.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/07/19/academic-research-on-police-shootings-and-race/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I voted no, because racism is racism.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭boetstark

kowloon wrote: »
    That's a pretty racist line of thinking. Racism goes both ways, and I'm sure most of the people protesting would agree. Of course, that doesn't mean black and white people experience the same forms of racism. All other things being equal, I think I'm probably less likely to get hassled by the police in the average American city than an African-American guy.
    White people as a percentage of the population are less likely to be involved in violent crime. Its time black leaders started looking to their own communities behaviour and understand part of the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Reverse racism is one of those invented things to make it sounds less bad because of the people who are on the receiving end of it.
    Just like "positive discrimination" was\is.

Seen it in Ireland, saw it loads while J1ing in New York.

The visceral hatred for oriental from black Anericans,often physical, the return though never saw physical, and on and on.

A young white lad got his head kicked numerous times in a suburb of Limerick by black youths shouting to him about slavery. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples ar the country but our lefty apologetic media ignore this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

I've had much more incidents where the racism was aimed at me and my skin colour as I'm white and Irish.

Or perhaps you only notice these things when they are directed at you and manage to ignore it or not notice it towards others. And conflate regular abuse to racism to make some form of point. For my part I've seen a lot of racism from folk "that work in transportation" and note Dublin Bus amongst others had to drive through a major anti-racism program a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

boetstark wrote: »
    A young white lad got his head kicked numerous times in a suburb of Limerick by black youths shouting to him about slavery. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples ar the country but our lefty apologetic media ignore this

Is this like those rumours that blacks were given houses when they got off the plane along with the other wild and exaggerated rumours. Maybe the lefty media avoid it because it's a. largely untrue b. incredibly rare.

What is happening in South Africa is the vast majority of farm workers killed are black..

Except right wing media and far right propaganda youtube channels don't report that. They also don't report white farm owners killing other white farm owners surprisingly enough either.

South Africa is a violent place

Don't you dare try and pass off that drivel on a social media forum. I am from there and got out because stressed to the hilt over violent crime and hate violence. The majority of murders are by black on black predominantly in townships and linked to drugs.
    These farm attacks are next to 100% black on white, motivated by greed and racial hatred. Why the torture and mutilation when the robberies have been completed. 5 acquaintance of our family murdered in past number of weeks. The mutilation and torture was f##king inhuman. Dr Rolef van heerden a few weeks back hacked to pieces in front of his family for what, a few rand.
    Please stop trying to distort the facts of what is happening and trying to portray it as far right propoganda...... STOP PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

It needs to be pointed out again that two-thirds of people killed by cops every year in the US are WHITE - only one-third are black.

One would not know this watching RTE, CNN or reading the Irish Times or NyTimes. You'd swear there were roving gangs of crooked cops out there targeting innocent blacks.

Black population in USA is about 13% not 33%.

However saying that if you take socio-economic status into consideration the numbers are interesting. Because it’s poor black men and poor white men and poor Hispanic men dying at hands of police. I am not sure if making police brutality out to be solely down to race is a good idea if you want to fix the underlying issues that cause it.

It’s a tough one to solve. There is a strong movement linking police brutality with race and emotions are running high. There would be a huge backlash against anyone if they said this could be more then a race issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

What is happening in South Africa is the vast majority of farm workers killed are black..

Except right wing media and far right propaganda youtube channels don't report that. They also don't report white farm owners killing other white farm owners surprisingly enough either.

South Africa is a violent place

Would you mind providing some evidence for that ?
    Put up or shut up.
    I was in New York in paddy's day parade in 2004 and guy behind me said 'fu*king Irish' so what does that say..

Maybe he just knew you.
    And that you are from Roscommon?
    I lived in Yonkers for almost 16 years. I could write an essay about the racism I experienced from black people. Ranged from blatant abuse to subtle changes in the persons attitude when they spoke to you. Looking me up and down and spitting on the ground calling me "Honky" Don't even mention the Mexicans and the racism they are subjected to. It amazes me that that community aren't out marching and complaining more.

Maybe the Mexicans, like the Koreans, the Vietnamese, Chinese are just too busy working building businesses and lives for themselves and their families.
    Then again if you are a black person and build a business in your black neighbourhood, your neighbours loot and burn it down for you. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Like the leader of the Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan, lots of Democratic Congress friends, DNC friends, media friends.

He calls Jews Termites and they need extermination.

Gays must die as well.

He is a less subtle David Duke.

I get the Jews aren't often the flavour of the month among segments of the modern left.

This is full on calls for extermination though

Yet leading Democrats will still meet him.

Look at Ice cubes tweets during the week about Jewish global control.

If Brad Pitt did that it would see him become a pariah. Did anyone cancel Ice Cube and say f off you deranged lunatic cu78 or word to that effect. No.

It is the hypocrisy that is the problem here.

We can see the Labour party in Britain go on about Women's rights but attend gender segregated meetings, support no platform but share a platform and praise people who call for Jews and gays and many women to be killed.

It's the disjointed nature of it all. It builds on the idea that the left is the modern Church, special dispensation for some, especially friends and the rich, fire and brimstone for the rest.

And people wonder why Israel and Israelis are the way they are.
    They learned a long time ago that people don't like them and they just decided to give the two fingers to everyone.

I do bet if they were black they would be fooking lauded by some around here.

I am not allowed discuss …

micosoft wrote: »
    Is this like those rumours that blacks were given houses when they got off the plane along with the other wild and exaggerated rumours. Maybe the lefty media avoid it because it's a. largely untrue b. incredibly rare.

Sure of course you are correct. The Garda investigation in raheen and the young guys parents who live nearby have made this up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

inforfun wrote: »
    Reverse racism is one of those invented things to make it sounds less bad because of the people who are on the receiving end of it.
    Just like "positive discrimination" was\is.

Correct, the term ‘reverse racism’ is racist.

Advertisement