Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Donnelly will have his work cut out for him in health.

That fooking two faced c**t stood in front of me on a doorstep in Wicklow in 2011 and slated FF for all he was worth.

No ministers from the west , Green demand?

That is not going to be forgotten.

Fitzmaurice is already using it as a rallying call.

Naughten is the only one from the West and she is junior something or other.
    And she is only there probably because she was chair of the Committee on Climate Action and the Environment.
    She can talk shyte with Ryan and that muppet from Offaly Pippa horsey type.
    And she is junior in Agriculture.

What fooking muppet would let a green into Agriculture.:rolleyes:
    ff and fg are going to get hammered in some parts of the country in the future.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 69,221 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

flutered wrote: »
    she preformed well on uk tv during her stint as minister for europe

Yes she did, but that wasn't difficult with some of the most ill-informed journalists in the history of journalism. Her interview with John Humpries being a case in point.

Fish in a barrel doesn't cut it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Jobs for the boys an all that! He must have some dirt on someone

Access to the health files,knows who's had STDs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Thanks, never bothered looking who'd been elected

Your contribution though completely inaccurate is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

gifted wrote: »
    Reckon Leo and the lads have played a blinder here....give FF ****e posts and stand back and let them swing

The writing is on the wall for Leo.

Today is the day that FG's disastrous election (and Varadkar's terrible leadership) came to the fore - when the jobs for the boys were getting lost and replaced by FFers and Greens.

When the dust settles and the dispossessed and/or never-possessed realise they've a lot less cash coming in each month with a lot more time on their hands then the plotting will begin.

If a FG taoiseach takes over in Dec 2022, and that's a big IF because FF can't be trusted, then it's more likely to be Coveney than Varadkar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The mere definition of stupidly

I see...

Self awareness will be a dangerous thing for some...

The writing is on the wall for Leo.

Today is the day that FG's disastrous election (and Varadkar's terrible leadership) came to the fore - when the jobs for the boys were getting lost and replaced by FFers and Greens.

When the dust settles and the dispossessed and/or never-possessed realise they've a lot less cash coming in each month with a lot more time on their hands then the plotting will begin.

If a FG taoiseach takes over in Dec 2022, and that's a big IF because FF can't be trusted, then it's more likely to be Coveney than Varadkar.
    No way will FF hand over willingly ,be manufactured crisis and Greens will walk

jmayo wrote: »
    That fooking two faced c**t stood in front of me on a doorstep in Wicklow in 2011 and slated FF for all he was worth.

That is not going to be forgotten.

Fitzmaurice is already using it as a rallying call.

Naughten is the only one from the West and she is junior something or other.
    And she is only there probably because she was chair of the Committee on Climate Action and the Environment.
    She can talk shyte with Ryan and that muppet from Offaly Pippa horsey type.
    And she is junior in Agriculture.

What fooking muppet would let a green into Agriculture.:rolleyes:
    ff and fg are going to get hammered in some parts of the country in the future.

Why do the West need a minister?

Cork South Central have 3. Does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They'd get slaughtered in an election if they dragged down the government. It would be counterproductive.

I have always been of the opinion one or other of FF or FG will walk sometime at the end of 21/start of 22.

Remember when the Greens has to do a rotation and couldn't manage it? The mooted rotation will be like that on crack. No chance.

• Advertisement

Greens are in it for the 5 years. They were given terrible departments and were still all smiles today.

FG though looked devastated. Tears in the eyes of Varadkar, Donohoe & Coveney.

If FF start improving in the polls (at FG's expense) then they'll bail out in 2022 and go for an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Greens are in it for the 5 years. They were given terrible departments and were still all smiles today.

If FF start improving in the polls (at FG's expense) then they'll bail out in 2022 and go for an election.

Pure speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 69,221 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Historic day after all, that's why there were tears. FG TD's voting in a FF Taoiseach.

Change will just come slowly but change it will. The Rubicon has been crossed, next time, neither of the power swap in government

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Change me hole, men in suits with no mandate, politics is rotten and crooked.

Why do the West need a minister?

Cork South Central have 3. Does it matter?

No minister means no votes next time, evendopey Kenny knew to spread them around,
    Cork will punish if they don't get some massive projects
    . Coveneys brother is for the chop at Greencore can see him pulling the pin too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Whats a mandate?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What? The 3 government parties got >50% of the votes and seats. It's not difficult to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You always welcome to apply yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Sf are very left wing. Pro higher corporate tax. Pro wealth tax. Pro immigration. Pro public housing. Those are left wing policies 101

Those are part of a selection of populist "free stuff forever"policies of party with no policies at all save a thirst for power. As left wing as Trump

No ministers from the west , Green demand?

No ginger minsters? Racism?

Get a grip FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You always welcome to apply yourself

I think this is a very important point. There's so many men (always men) who spend their life giving out aimlessly on Boards, Twitter, Journal, Reddit etc about how they hate politics, politicians, and how this 'kip' has turned out.

They should either join a political party, or come up with an alternative party.

I'd love to see the candidates the Irish Internet Party would put forward. :D

?????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Those are part of a selection of populist "free stuff forever"policies of party with no policies at all save a thirst for power. As left wing as Trump

When luxury apartments on 25 year leases are being handed out now I think the 'free stuff forever' policies are safe.
    Goldman Sachs don't make anything if it's state built social housing. That's FG housing policy in a nutshell.

I think this is a very important point. There's so many men (always men) who spend their life giving out aimlessly on Boards, Twitter, Journal, Reddit etc about how they hate politics, politicians, and how this 'kip' has turned out.

They should either join a political party, or come up with an alternative party.

I'd love to see the candidates the Irish Internet Party would put forward. :D

You'd need to have a god few million in the bank to set up a political party and challenge for seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,546 ✭✭✭✭Water John

One of the political commentators made the point today, that FG didn't get that their housing policy was wrong until they went into Govn't formation talks.
    Ireland always had a social housing policy. Even the Dail meeting in 1920 was discussing how to provide housing for those living in the slums.

Bowie wrote: »
    When luxury apartments on 25 year leases are being handed out now I think the 'free stuff forever' policies are safe.
    Goldman Sachs don't make anything if it's state built social housing. That's FG housing policy in a nutshell.

Eh..........I don't think anyone has any idea what you are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Water John wrote: »
    One of the political commentators made the point today, that FG didn't get that their housing policy was wrong until they went into Govn't formation talks.
    Ireland always had a social housing policy. Even the Dail meeting in 1920 was discussing how to provide housing for those living in the slums.

Ireland always had a social housing policy.

Correct.

That's why there was 10,000 social houses buoy last year.

Shall I continue?

No minister means no votes next time, evendopey Kenny knew to spread them around,
    Cork will punish if they don't get some massive projects
    . Coveneys brother is for the chop at Greencore can see him pulling the pin too

Dopey Kenny?

Well you seem like you are a rational fellow.

---

Regardless of the idiocy of "western' voters thinking having a minister is some sort of gift or right, it's a wonder Dublin ever votes for anyone then given we keep getting a proportionally less of everything generally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Dangerous putting Catherine Martin in charge of media and culture briefs. That will have to be monitored.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Didnt everyone get the chance to scrap the Seanead and they rejected it?

Complaining about it now is that not a bit stupid?

Enda personally made a balls of the referendum and then promised to reform it.

The Manning report was produced and then left to sit on a shelf.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/government-yet-to-move-on-road-to-seanad-reform-1.4035283
    Mr Martin accused him of a “bread and circuses” approach, promising what seemed like well-meaning reform but then refusing to implement it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement