Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    MM's family are not deputy leaders of a party that is in the Dáil.

Why not complain that the loophole exists by the way? Surely a party that could leave such a loophole in legislation and then be unable to close it isn't fit to govern?

Keeping the wife out of the way in case some journalist asks an awkward question about her bank accounts? Skeletons rattling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

I didn't say anything at all about what Keynes advocated. You are putting words in my mouth. You do realise that we have gone from having an expected surplus of 2 billion to a deficit of 25 billion in 2020? We need to plug that gap before we do anything else. Maybe you you can't understand what this means. Think existing costs - unemployment benefit, teachers, nurses.

Jesus you sound like a People Before Puberty hipster studying first year economics in Trinners whose only contact with reality was when dentist dad cut his pocket money for week when he found weed in your bedroom.
    You do realize that deficits are a good thing in an economic downturn - and the surpluses are a bad thing, even when the economy has recovered, unless there are sectors in the economy that are overheating? (that this is what Keyne's is all about?)

If you're familiar with Keyne's, and if I took your previous post wrong as trying to represent Keyne's - then I take it you simply don't agree with Keyne's economics?

Keynesian's don't bring the deficit down until the economy is back at Full Employment and Full Output.

I've been discussing this stuff on the site for almost a decade now - and nearly all of what I read each day during that time (my version of a 'newspaper') is economics/politics related - with an emphasis on the economics/macroconomics - and I put research into my arguments when there's something new I've come across that is worth learning...I know this stuff inside out.

You're acting like a style of economic views that was dominant worldwide between the 40's-70's, is People Before Profit material...do your bloody research (e.g. on Keyne's who you claim to be familiar with), and stop regurgitating budget-balancing shite that harms the country, and is pure bad economics that is at the core of NeoLiberalism...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

is_that_so wrote: »
    Events Dear boy, as McMillan said, change things utterly. It's what "de peepel" voted for or not.

yeah, that events thing can obliterate well-intentioned projects, and never return. anyhow, his wife is really pleasant; so, good to see that he is well-minded, personally. that woman might have bank accounts, but most likely thankfully may be someone to whom that is not the most crucial aspect of life. [his son looks great! - who knew!].
    Too many of these politicians can be in bad health, too much criticism; and no media seems to pick up on that 'til it's too late.
    (fairly sure Eamon Ryan is not well?).

i'm still not in favour of f.f. though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fairplay to Michaél Martin on the 1730 news there officially telling us that the civil war politics of the last century has ended.

Beaming for the camera's, Taoiseach Martin said that during a chat with Leo Varadkar during the week, Leo told him that he had taken Collins portrait down from the wall of his office..

Michaél said he told him, "you know what Leo, leave it up, and I'll put de Valera's up beside it".

To "signal a new era in Irish politics"

The Rubicon has been crossed ladies and gentlemen. Hallelujah.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Fairplay to Michaél Martin on the 1730 news there officially telling us that the civil war politics of the last century has ended.

Beaming for the camera's, Taoiseach Martin said that during a chat with Leo Varadkar during the week, Leo told him that he had taken Collins portrait down from the wall of his office..

Michaél said he told him, "you know what Leo, leave it up, and I'll put de Valera's up beside it".

:) They've learned from Hitler's mistake at least. He tried to fight on two fronts and lost both. FF and FG have ended one war because they were losing the other one with SF heavily.

Will it succeed...pays your money and watch. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

And the bet lost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It was all for show anyway between FF/FG for the last 20 years or so, the real hate died with Garrett and Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

:) They've learned from Hitler's mistake at least. He tried to fight on two fronts and lost both. FF and FG have ended one war because they were losing the other one with SF heavily.

What an idiotic comparison!

What an idiotic comparison!

Why is it idiotic?

They have come together because that is the only way they can stay in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I assume Leo would have a photo of himself or Kylie :p and Martin a photo of Mr. Burns from The Simpsons his doppelganger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mortelaro wrote: »
    And the bet lost :D

Only bet I've lost so far this year is a FF minority govt would be in power after the Feb elections.

Money well spent to witness the formal coalition of the two civil war party's, and seemingly an official announcement from Michaél that civil war politics are over.

I wonder if Michaél thinks FF emerged "the winners", what with having more seats, when the official Coalition began?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Fair play to Leo for offering to take the photo down but I've no issue with Collins personally. He did what he did and owned it.
    It's a little concerning that MM wants to put up DeV the man who dishonored himself when he ripped off Irish people and their decendants the world over with the Irish Press shares. But hey, Fianna Fail gonna Fianna Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Yiz shinners are on the wind up goodo today.
    A bit like Man u fans laying into Liverpool fans, this week.
    But at the end of the, season, Liverpool are champs and Man u are another year without a Premier league.
    Keep it up lads, you will eventually win one, like Liverpool this year, could be thirty years or so, who knows.

Yiz shinners are on the wind up goodo today.
    A bit like Man u fans laying into Liverpool fans, this week.
    But at the end of the, season, Liverpool are champs and Man u are another year without a Premier league.
    Keep it up lads, you will eventually win one, like Liverpool this year, could be thirty years or so, who knows.

So you haven't been reading? I'll bring you up to speed.
    FF, FG and the Greens are in government. We're discussing who got what spot and Leo offering to take down the Collins photo and MM saying the civil war politics is over.
    If FF build social and affordable I'll consider that a win.
    But go on, you were saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I saw that on the news earlier and could only think what children they are, the civil war was 100 years ago ffs. And people give out about the English still banging on about winning the World Cup in 1966, thats in the hapenny place compared to FFG and their civil war.

Bowie wrote: »
    FF, FG and the Greens are in government. We're discussing who got what spot and Leo offering to take down the Collins photo and MM saying the civil war politics is over.

Bless 'em, I think they think politics is over. :)

Bowie wrote: »
    If FF build social and affordable I'll consider that a win.

I'm not into icons, be it pics, statues or medals.
    Couldnd give a fcuk if they put Jurry and Máirtín up beside, them.

I'm not into icons, be it pics, statues or medals.
    Couldnd give a fcuk if they put Jurry and Máirtín up beside, them.

Unlikely its FF, FG and the Greens in.

Bless 'em, I think they think politics is over. :)

Ah no, I thought you were on a retreat after yesterday's, good wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

It was all for show anyway between FF/FG for the last 20 years or so, the real hate died with Garrett and Charlie.

Dunno, Bertie was as hooky as they come

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »
    Dunno, Bertie was as hooky as they come

Ah, ah, now, don’t go upsetting the apple tart.

Ah no, I thought you were on a retreat after yesterday's, good wishes.

Nope, you mis-read. I will criticise if it's due and praise when it is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Michelle O'Neill is the leader of the northern part of an All Ireland party that has input into SF similar to the northern section of the Green party which we know has input into what the Green party does.

Do we get to do this with everyone present yesterday or is it just the Shinners that get the scrutiny?

Martin spoke to a woman when he came down the stairs and the TV presenter didn't know her name nor the elderly man beside her, neither were TD's.
    Why were they there and what was their role?
    I didn't hear David McCullagh question a single one of the FF's on news at one about them...he gave Mary Lou a robust interrogation about O'Neill though.

Micheal Martin's niece.She is a Nurse in the Mater Hospital and lives in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Good man Francie; again displaying that instinct for the clumsy misplaced metaphor culled from a half forgotten Inter Cert history class so beloved by Sinn Fein apparatchiks. Been reading your contributions for the last couple of weeks and wondering were you on the Sinn Fein social media payroll. Think now you are in fact Angus O'Snodaigh Go on- am I right??

Nope, you mis-read. I will criticise if it's due and praise when it is due.

Funny you only started to criticise after MON was mentioned.
    That's called turning defence into attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Would be interesting to know what the Soc Dems long term plan is.

If they get a few more seats next time maybe play footsie with SF, Labour with a few Independents and see if they can form a Government and cut out the traditional big two.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Good man Francie; again displaying that instinct for the clumsy misplaced metaphor culled from a half forgotten Inter Cert history class so beloved by Sinn Fein apparatchiks. Been reading your contributions for the last couple of weeks and wondering were you on the Sinn Fein social media payroll. Think now you are in fact Angus O'Snodaigh Go on- am I right??

Clumsy?

As clumsy as calling a woman a 'slug'?

Don't you lecture me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Would be interesting to know what the Soc Dems long term plan is.

If they get a few more seats next time maybe play footsie with SF, Labour with a few Independents and see if they can form a Government and cut out the traditional big two.

Labour will never enter government with Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Elmo wrote: »

And Soc-Dems will never enter government with labour :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Elmo wrote: »

Stickies still rule the roost?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement