Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No, I read your mention of o leary in the SF thread.

That's your problem. Lack of context.
    I'm actually, as per the quote, showing the hypocrisy. You quoting it is pointless in your efforts to justify making all things shinner related.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Hang on now.
    Discussing SF in the SF thread is completely different to discussing SF constantly in a thread about FF/FG/Green Government :confused:

I think the point Bishop of Hope was making is that Bowie discusses his one-eyed, one-sided, conspiracy theory-laden view of Fine Gael and Leo in every thread he visits. For him then to call others out for it is hypocrisy.

Can't say I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Bowie wrote: »
    I think labour need a complete rebuild. Their support of FG and Reilly's clinics helped create the SDs. I would be disappointed to see them hook up with Labour unless Labour get their act together.

I think it might become a political necessity. They will be eclipsed by SF in opposition otherwise. If they were a bloc with 12 TDs they might have some hope of staying in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

That's your problem. Lack of context.
    I'm actually, as per the quote, showing the hypocrisy. You quoting it is pointless in your efforts to justify making all things shinner related.

My first post in this thread today was about a rocky start for Greens and FF.
    The rest have, been in response to other posts made by SF defenders.
    I don't think I've said a bad word about SF today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It is the same people trying to make it about SF. Most of us are trying to discuss the new government.
    You post this kind of thing ('Been reading the comments for days decided to chime in') when your next shift starts and Bishop made this analogy the other day.
    G'wan and watch Netflix for some inspiration.

I look forward to you changing your handle to Micheal Martin's wife by the way, or do you only do it when gaslighting a gay man?

• Advertisement

What's wrong with it as you keep on about it?
    It's you and him keep saying to stop it, there's nothing wrong with it in my view.
    I was accused by him earlier of trying to stop a conversation which was untrue.
    If you're going to discuss a thing what's wrong with talking about the alternatives as well.
    You're looking for a one sided conversation, not me,

Working SF or FG into a conversation is fine. Trying to make a FG/FF discussion about SF to change the discussion is the issue.

It is true

Case in point:
    Notable to see another SF defender who never voted for SF.
    I don't know if you read these threads much, but Leo, Simon, Michael and Éamon are very constantly criticised personalities all the time, theirs a personality behind every rant.
    But fair play to your sense of honour that you picked SF to defend seeing as you're never likely to vote for them.

Total shoehorn there to defend FG. Own up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

markodaly wrote: »
    I look forward to you changing your handle to Micheal Martin's wife by the way, or do you only do it when gaslighting a gay man?

Mod: Don't post in the thread again.

<edit> Threadban lifted after discussion with poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jeepers...just watched a toe curling cabinet briefing there...Leo keeps stepping in to 'explain better' what Michael is saying. :):)

Jeepers...just watched a toe curling cabinet briefing there...Leo keeps stepping in to 'explain better' what Michael is saying. :):)

Will we really have five years of this?

There is a new government, get over it.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Will we really have five years of this?

There is a new government, get over it.

Five years of what? Commenting on something I see before me? Yes, you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

That's natural and will happen for a while. As a former taoiseach, he'll need to induct Martin into the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Let’s address the input of the media on the new Govt.

Today’s Drivetime has reporters slavering over the mic to try to big up the Colleary issue.

Who is this guy, why is his promotion so fokking important

Why should people be so a angry that coins like Ring should be ‘let go’?

We the taxpayer are paying for these people , who have been running a fiefdom in their areas as movers and shakers .

Fork that, your time is up, you had a good innings, get out , you can’t run your area for ever.

People......... wake up... watch the media, they just want to stir up the shïte

Vested interests need to be called out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Today’s Drivetime has reporters slavering over the mic to try to big up the Colleary issue.

We the taxpayer are paying for these people , who have been running a fiefdom in their areas as movers and shakers .

Fork that, your time is up, you had a good innings, get out , you can’t run your area for ever.

Trying to generate an early controversy. It's ridiculous. There'll be plenty of time for the media to put the boot in on policy issues.

There is more than the media annoyed about.

If we said the media, Shinnerbots on Twitter, disaffected hasbeen FF members (O'Cuiv, McGuinness etc), and a handful of posters on boards, would that encompass the whole?

If we said the media, Shinnerbots on Twitter, disaffected hasbeen FF members (O'Cuiv, McGuinness etc), and a handful of posters on boards, would that encompass the whole?

No. I'm looking at other politicians from the SD's and Labour and non - bots (they exist you know blanch)complaining about it.

No. I'm looking at other politicians from the SD's and Labour and non - bots (they exist you know blanch)complaining about it.

Why would national politicians be seriously complaining about regional distribution of Ministers or poor Dara Calleary not getting a job?

They must think the PfG is brilliant then if they have so little to complain about.

Why would national politicians be seriously complaining about regional distribution of Ministers or poor Dara Calleary not getting a job?

They must think the PfG is brilliant then if they have so little to complain about.

What?

Jesus blanch...it's been headline news all day with politicians being grilled about it. Heather Humphries is just after getting one on National radio right now.

Stop the silly handwaving of stuff away will you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

They are the opposition, its their job
    The whole where's the minister from the west is stupid
    Of course T.D's left out have to be seen to be repeating it too
    They don't want to be losing the parish pump element of their vote
    It's part I think of the irish political psychic unfortunately that T.D's are Dublin based co councillors
    They shouldn't be

Its like those episodes of the U.S. office where they have two co-managers and one of them thinks hes more of a senior co-manager.

• Advertisement

Like what, buddy?

Its like those episodes of the U.S. office where they have two co-managers and one of them thinks hes more of a senior co-manager.

I knew it would be awkward but not that awkward. I think there might be a few patch markings delivered soon.

So everyone pretty much (taking into account you think every critic is a shinnerbot).

Don't see a problem with people complaining about lack of representation. Hardly a conspiracy theory or fake news. If the new PFG squad feel the need to come out guns blazing over such things it'll be a rocky few months.

Time the electorate figured out that having a ‘State Car’ in your area was not the beginning of a ‘fiefdom’ and a ruling czar who if he/she approved or dissaproved called the shots.

The days of the ‘Flynn dynasty’ the ‘Burke dynasty’, the Hely-Raes, the ‘Blaneys’ the Haugheys should be long gone.

We don’t need that crap and it should be stamped out.

The leaders of parties need to pick what they think are the most effective people for the ministry, not a sop to appease a bunch of folk with vested interest, but those best equipped to run the country.

Wilson trying to stir it up.

Time the electorate figured out that having a ‘State Car’ in your area was not the beginning of a ‘fiefdom’ and a ruling czar who if he/she approved or dissaproved called the shots.

The days of the ‘Flynn dynasty’ the ‘Burke dynasty’, the Hely-Raes, the ‘Blaneys’ the Haugheys should be long gone.

We don’t need that crap and it should be stamped out.

The leaders of parties need to pick what they think are the most effective people for the ministry, not a sop to appease a bunch of folk with vested interest, but those best equipped to run the country.

Exaggerating again Brendan.

There is no Cabinet minister in the west and north west and scant ministers anywhere else but in Cork and Dublin. Representation has been reduced for the electorate at high level in government.

Fair enough if you have a grand plan in mind but the way this 'plan' was rolled out was sketchy and unexplained. Not a good start.
    Calleary on trying to hide his obvious anger atm.

Calleary not handling it too well.

Should have not implicitly admitted to Wilson he was disappointed .

Should have emphasized the positive, and put her in her box.

Big deal, wanted a dept, didn’t get it, does the whole country break down and cry.

Exaggerating again Brendan.

There is no Cabinet minister in the west and north west and scant ministers anywhere else but in Cork and Dublin. Representation has been reduced for the electorate at high level in government.

Fair enough if you have a grand plan in mind but the way this 'plan' was rolled out was sketchy and unexplained. Not a good start.
    Calleary on trying to hide his obvious anger atm.

Where am I exaggerating, a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Calleary not handling it too well.

Should have not implicitly admitted to Wilson he was disappointed .

Should have emphasized the positive, and put her in her box.

Big deal, wanted a dept, didn’t get it, does the whole country break down and cry.

Bad start, first day and rural Ireland looking forgotten already.
    That's what most out here in the sticks were worried about, especially with the Greens, involved. The East and South well represented though.
    Many FFrs in local govt disgusted and people in the streets.
    Let's hope the juniors are more central and west.
    Fair play to Calleary for highlighting his displeasure.

• Advertisement

Where am I exaggerating, a chara.

That people are wanting 'fiefdoms'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement