Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Jim is heading into the long grass to wait his turn.

Jim should be shafted by his electorate quicker than an otter off a bank.

The arrogance of the lad and that other coin from education ! McHugh.

Taking the electorate as idiots.

And we have the power....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I don't think John see's the irony here

Why wasn't Mr Fûcking Know All Connors given the Seanad gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The juniors are in! Interesting that O'Callaghan turned down a job.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0701/1150674-junior-ministerial-appointments/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Edgware wrote: »
    Why wasn't Mr Fûcking Know All Connors given the Seanad gig?

Not good enough for him, waiting around for the next Presidential election i would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

nc6000 wrote: »
    The Fianna Fáil TD Jim O’Callaghan has turned down an offer of a junior ministerial post.

Mr O’Callaghan told The Irish Times he was offered a junior position in the Department of Justice, with responsibility for law reform.

“I was asked this afternoon by an Taoiseach, Micheál Martin TD, to accept an appointment as minister of state in the government. Having thought carefully about this offer I have decided not to accept,” he said.

“The reason I am not accepting is because I believe my energy and abilities will be better used as a backbench Fianna Fáil TD rather than as a junior member of government.

“At a time when many of our party’s senior members will be preoccupied with their ministerial duties, I want to devote more time to strengthening our great party by making it a more attractive option for young voters. I also believe Fianna Fáil needs strong voices outside government who can ensure that our party’s identity can be protected during the term of this coalition government.

“I wish Micheál and his government every success in the years ahead.”

A sulky entitled little pup. Hope he gets a good kick up the arse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

nc6000 wrote: »
    The Fianna Fáil TD Jim O’Callaghan has turned down an offer of a junior ministerial post.

The arrogant little so and so! You will take whatever ministerial role you're given and be thankful for it. You are serving the public, not yourself. His lame excuse was pathetic. The country is in crisis and he is more worried about his pension and esteem. FF certainly haven't lost their greed.

This government is off to a shaky start.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Can someone explain what a coin is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I don't think John see's the irony here

I think you are ignoring the information on the post. Your anti traveller bias is not a good look either.

That Roderic guy has no business in government. None of the greens do.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

hardybuck wrote: »
    John Connors is an awful dose.

he'd do well to call out the sexual abuse of children in his own community before moving on to condemning settled people. Not a peep out of him about the case of the 7 traveller girls viciously raped by their father for years.

• Advertisement

The arrogant little so and so! You will take whatever ministerial role and be thankful for it. You are serving the public, not yourself. His lame excuse was pathetic. The country is in crisis and he is more worried about his pension and esteem. FF certainly have lost their greed.

This government is off to a shaky start.

Not due to anything they did.

Due to a few entitled coins who unless the got the ‘top jobs’ they weren’t interested.

Shows arrogance and entitlement complex, buttressed by a feeling of self importance which borders on stupidity.

Gives the fingers to those who voted for you, like George did, and the best thing they could do is dump you out next time round.

The next coin from any party who when asked ‘Why are you in politics’ with “I want to make a difference” and carries on like this will get an electoral deck shoe up the crotch from this voter.

Total cretinous behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This was kept fairly quiet, and I for one smell a rat.

https://twitter.com/nwl88444048/status/1278320424971931650?s=19

McMurphy wrote: »

Meanwhile the Shinners drive a coach and four through c19 reds in the north.

Meanwhile the Shinners drive a coach and four through c19 reds in the north.

The shinners did wrong Brenner, so too did the people at Garda Horkans funeral.

SAVE-20200701-095538.jpg

But let's not go there.

The rusty tin can kicked down the road again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

More like spending another 4 years coining it down the Four Courts and periodically signing on at Leinster House.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,243 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    More like spending another 4 years coining it down the Four Courts and periodically signing on at Leinster House.

Is he the calibre of TD Michael wants fermenting unrest on the back benches?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Green supporters in a tight spot there, how do they defend O Gorman without being seen to criticize the ethnic minority spokesman JC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

He's heading back to the Four Courts where he makes his real money. You wouldn't expect him to give that up for a mere €120k a year or so, would you?
    I think you are ignoring the information on the post. Your anti traveller bias is not a good look either.

That Roderic guy has no business in government. None of the greens do.
    Except that they were elected, and formed a Government in the same way as every other Government - with a majority vote in the Dail. The Greens were absolutely clear about their intention to get into Government with anyone beforehand.

Two clowns there cut from the same cloth.

• Advertisement

Two clowns there cut from the same cloth.

Give Helen a chance Brendan, she is only young, Callaghan will be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Truthvader wrote: »
    A sulky entitled little pup. Hope he gets a good kick up the arse
    It's actually a good political call by him, whatever his real reasons might be. As a party they are firmly adrift and they need new ideas and strategies to attract interest from the yoof to avoid fading away completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Sorry, my friend, but this stuff really agitates me.

A guy not too long in big time politics rejects a big job in the running of the State,because as it seems, it is beneath him.

Other people doing the same.Others not happy with big jobs

Kind of makes fools of the electorate who vote in good faith for these people.

Sorry for the terminology but the electorate should go after these people.

I'm with you. Playing political chess. Wants to be FF but wants to remain detached incase it all goes wrong I reckon. Not serving the public any way.

McMurphy wrote: »

Did they give reasons? I saw Varadkar was speaking about how much it was costing the other day. Dragging it out will cost more millions no doubt.
    Seems to the the way of these things a long drawn out hope it fades wait until everyone has retired or moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's actually a good political call by him, whatever his real reasons might be. As a party they are firmly adrift and they need new ideas and strategies to attract interest from the yoof to avoid fading away completely.

Maybe "the party" have outlived their relevance and FF/FG might merge and the yoof grow up in a functioning democracy in which case Jimmyboy will have made a fatal self interested move.

Though that could be too much to hope for. Probably end up Taoiseach for ten years and we'll all go back to brown envelopes and tents at the Galway races

• Registered Users Posts: 21,550 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Don't think MM will lead FF into the next election, in 4/5 years time. He might even step down when his term as Taoiseach is up.

Water John wrote: »
    Don't think MM will lead FF into the next election, in 4/5 years time. He might even step down when his term as Taoiseach is up.

Can't see Varadkar sticking around.

Bowie wrote: »
    Did they give reasons? I saw Varadkar was speaking about how much it was costing the other day. Dragging it out will cost more millions no doubt.
    Seems to the the way of these things a long drawn out hope it fades wait until everyone has retired or moved on.

Seems no-one knew about it until today. Nothing unusual or strange about it at all, no sirreee.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Water John wrote: »

Have to agree with you. Once he steps down for Varadkar in two years, they will go to him in the interests of the party to step aside. And he will.
    Bowie wrote: »
    Can't see Varadkar sticking around.

Would love to understand the reasoning behind this. 75% approval rating, unheard of, guaranteed Taoiseach in December 2022, why would he walk away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

So people are giving out about the lack of women in Junor Ministerial roles...

20% of the roles are now held by women...women make up 22.5% of the Dail so its fairly proportional

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement