Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Look at the photographs of Garda Horkan's funeral.
    Tell me that in the middle of a pandemic when we are urged to keep 2 metres apart that that is what happened.

It didn't.

There is no deflection, or being led by chancers.

It is looking at what is in front of me and not letting ideology get in the way.

There was no social distancing at Garda Horkan's funeral.

I didn't see MLMD, MON or PD there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I didn't see MLMD, MON or PD there either.

They are hypocrites but turning up at a murdered Garda funeral would really top it off.
    We are still waiting to see the Crown forces patrolling in County Laois that they could use
    as an excuse for murdering young Garda Clerkin

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

But, where was Garda Horkans funeral? In the Republic. Not across a border in another jurisdiction. One would have thought that MaryLou especially would be aware of the dangers of Covid infection.

So now the virus recognises if you cross a border that isn't even a hard one? This gets better.

We are all mindful of the virus and we are all (all though some are in pretence mode)also mindful that the restrictions are stepping down. This isn't March or May.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

But, where was Garda Horkans funeral? In the Republic. Not across a border in another jurisdiction. One would have thought that MaryLou especially would be aware of the dangers of Covid infection.

Was there social distancing at Garda Horkan's funeral?
    No.

Were a govt Minister there?
    Yes.

Was travel still restricted to within county of residence or 20km from residence?
    Yes.

Does Charlie Flanagan live in Mayo or within 20km of Charlestown?
    No.

Were there more than 25 mourners as allowed under phase 3?
    Yes

I have already said I don't think SF members should have travelled. I have not once defended them. I think they were wrong to travel.

I have said there were 2 large funerals both without social distancing.
    If a person has issues about lack of social distancing then they should have issues with both funerals not just one.

The virus doesn't care if it's Mayo or Belfast. It doesn't care how respected the deceased was. The virus just wants new hosts. It gets them when humans are in close contact. As they were at both funerals.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Was there social distancing at Garda Horkan's funeral?
    No.

Were a govt Minister there?
    Yes.

Was travel still restricted to within county of residence or 20km from residence?
    Yes.

Does Charlie Flanagan live in Mayo or within 20km of Charlestown?
    No.

Were there more than 25 mourners as allowed under phase 3?
    Yes

I have already said I don't think SF members should have travelled. I have not once defended them. I think they were wrong to travel.

I have said there were 2 large funerals both without social distancing.
    If a person has issues about lack of social distancing then they should have issues with both funerals not just one.

The virus doesn't care if it's Mayo or Belfast. It doesn't care how respected the deceased was. The virus just wants new hosts. It gets them when humans are in close contact. As they were at both funerals.

You also forgot to mention that 6 Gardai carried the coffin shoulder high into and out of the church. Which unless they were family was a breach.

I have enough compassion not to have made an issue of that as did everybody else in the country that I am aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Is this not a thread about the new Govt.

Since elections it has been non stop abuse at Sinn Féin because they have scared the ****e outta FFG

So now the virus recognises if you cross a border that isn't even a hard one? This gets better.

We are all mindful of the virus and we are all (all though some are in pretence mode)also mindful that the restrictions are stepping down. This isn't March or May.

As I’m sure that you know, the virus knows nor respects any border. Elected representatives should know and respect both. Crossing a border to go to a private funeral of a convicted terrorist isn’t the same as crossing county boundaries to pay respects to a much respect public servants, killed in the line of duty.

As I’m sure that you know, the virus knows nor respects any border. Elected representatives should know and respect both. Crossing a border to go to a private funeral of a convicted terrorist isn’t the same as crossing county boundaries to pay respects to a much respect public servants, killed in the line of duty.

Who was doing this?

'Crossing a border to go to a private funeral of a convicted terrorist'?

I'm sure I heard MLMD say she crossed the border to go to the funeral of a family friend and man her children loved as well as a seminal and important member of the party she leads.

Your politicisation of that is getting mighty nauseating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

More deflection and rubbish.

The leaders of SF thought it appropriate to attend a funeral when others didn’t attend a State funeral.

One of them made a watery apology after disrupting the relationships up there.

Shows the respect McDonald and O’Neill have for the frontline staff in Health.

Then to compound the insult they appoint the ‘break the State’ guy as Health
    ‘Spokesman’
    And then they wonder why honest and decent people won’t talk to them.

C’mon man, you need to think on your feet and not be used by chancers

So the onus is on the shinners to set a good example for the law and order of the land, not the Garda. That's some turn you took Bren ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Same risk to public health applies equally regardless of who or how someone was getting buried.

• Advertisement

Who was doing this?

I'm sure I heard MLMD say she crossed the border to go to the funeral of a family friend and man her children loved as well as a seminal and important member of the party she leads.

You are having a laugh!

You are having a laugh!

About what?

Internal wrangling it seems in FF are spoiling MM honeymoon period.
    Already seeking to see who replaces him and openly so it seems according to John McGuinness.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/john-mcguinness-says-micheal-martin-wont-last-as-taoiseach-claiming-internal-talk-about-replacement-1009230.html

Already seeking to see who replaces him and openly so it seems according to John McGuinness.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/john-mcguinness-says-micheal-martin-wont-last-as-taoiseach-claiming-internal-talk-about-replacement-1009230.html

Internal wrangling has broken out in public. Methinks it was going on for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

This is great. He's in power less than a week and his party is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,599 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

McGuinness has been a thorn in the side of Martin for a long time now, must have been some bust up between them for him to be always so vocal about his dislike of Martin.

Big Jim will probably be watching from the sidelines to see how this plays out.

McGuinness has been a thorn in the side of Martin for a long time now, must have been some bust up between them for him to be always so vocal about his dislike of Martin.

I'd imagine so.
    There will be a sizable faction with knives out now since his cabinet was announced.
    He should have took old colleagues advice, keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

I'd imagine so.
    There will be a sizable faction with knives out now since his cabinet was announced.
    He should have took old colleagues advice, keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

Can FF resist the old sleeveen politics or will we see a bit of dirt on Martin emerge.

Oh, Dear. Lemons. Bitter.

We have a government. Get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Revealed: Cabinet minister's drink-driving ban https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/revealed-cabinet-ministers-drink-driving-ban-39338911.html

do you get a 3 month ban if you havn't already got points on your license?

• Advertisement

Oh, Dear. Lemons. Bitter.

We have a government. Get over it!

Something else historical and of note...boards.ie FGers defending the antics of FF.
    Strap yourself in folks. :)

Can FF resist the old sleeveen politics or will we see a bit of dirt on Martin emerge.

Hard to know, on that front, but very public infighting in the first few days is significant I feel.
    Michael will be sleeping with one eye open I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So John McGuinness isn't in michael martins fan club ? Sure that's not a story because that's well known.

I do wonder if the others not named John McGuinness would be so willing to throw toys out of the pram if there wasn't a time limit on Michael martins term as Taoiseach. I know why there's a fixed time given it's to be rotated between FF and FG but it's not done MM any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Revealed: Cabinet minister's drink-driving ban https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/revealed-cabinet-ministers-drink-driving-ban-39338911.html Barry has a slow metabolism

Strange this is only coming to light now.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Strange this is only coming to light now.

Journalists can't be revealing that during an election man...people might start calling them journalists. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Wtf are FF at, eating each other alive? All they care about is their status, salaries and their pensions by the sound of things. No more than Michael Ring in Mayo atm. What an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Who was doing this?

If she let that man anywhere near her children, social services should consider taking them into care. What a horrific influence he would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McGuinness is a gob****e of the highest order, never held any senior public office. Chief Rabble-rouser as head of the PAC was as far as he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

blanch152 wrote: »
    McGuinness is a gob****e of the highest order, never held any senior public office. Chief Rabble-rouser as head of the PAC was as far as he got.

How is that at all relevant?

What is relevant is what level of support he could generate to topple Martin as Leader. Martin is already on shaky ground and I would imagine that a revolt by a 10 to 20 TD's might be more than sufficient to force a party leadership contest.

• Advertisement

efanton wrote: »
    How is that at all relevant?

What is relevant is what level of support he could generate to topple Martin as Leader. Martin is already on shaky ground and I would imagine that a revolt by a 10 to 20 TD's might be more than sufficient to force a party leadership contest.

There's a lot of resentment for Martin within the party, his credentials don't tally with a lot of party members.
    Nothing to do with the govt deal, just him.
    This wasn't just brought about by his cabinet appointments, this has been simmering there in years.
    Knives are being unsheathed and sharpened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement