Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

Bowie wrote: »
    Compare it to Clare Daly. She was all over the papers for having been stopped. Then we got fine details on her court appearance etc.
    Odd nobody knew about Cowen. Odd it's coming out now. Some journo must have tripped over an old court document :rolleyes:

Maybe he wasn’t high profile enough. It was known.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Compare it to Clare Daly. She was all over the papers for having been stopped. Then we got fine details on her court appearance etc.
    Odd nobody knew about Cowen. Odd it's coming out now. Some journo must have tripped over an old court document :rolleyes:

It is some indictment of our 'journalistic class'

• Registered Users Posts: 56,484 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes. Unusual that this not known.

Leader of party needs to explain why he did not know..

And why did Cowen not disclose?

This stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Maybe he wasn’t high profile enough. It was known.

Not by Michaél apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I hope not in Ferris' case as his vocal support for so-called 'rural pursuits' are one of the reasons SF are on my No Vote list.

But if would be foolish to think SF will never be in govt.

Like some others you are ‘for a lad who doesn’t vote SF’ investing a fair bit time at the crease for them.

I’m sure they will be in govt some day but they need to expunge the bang of cordite and the whiff of the heathery hills off them first.

The electorate has seen a lot of the greasy rotten underbelly in recent weeks, and what they are really dealing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

McMurphy wrote: »
    She wasn't even charged.

Just arrested at the side of the road, put in handcuffs, and the press told all about it by a member of the Gardaí.
    A Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission (Gsoc) investigation has found information on the arrest was leaked by gardaí to the media in an “unauthorised manner” .

The investigation concluded that “on the balance of probabilities”, some information relating to the arrest came from within An Garda Síochána and was made available to members of the media in an “unauthorised manner”. However, Gsoc said it has not been able to find enough evidence of a criminal offence to warrant sending a file to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/clare-daly-arrest-details-leaked-in-unauthorised-manner-1.2652506

No Garda leaks about Cowen being guilty.

Funny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    If she let that man anywhere near her children, social services should consider taking them into care. What a horrific influence he would have been.

Speaking about leaving people near children blanch as a green party member would you be happy to have Peter Tatchwell around families at party meetings?

https://twitter.com/TatchellWatch/status/1061180707563847680?s=19

Like some others you are ‘for a lad who doesn’t vote SF’ investing a fair bit time at the crease for them.

I’m sure they will be in govt some day but they need to expunge the bang of cordite and the whiff of the heathery hills off them first.

The electorate have seen a lot of the greasy rotten underbelly in recent weeks, and what they are really dealing with.

Firstly I am not a 'lad' (women use the internet shocker :eek:)

Secondly, saying it is quite possible SF will someday be in govt is not 'going to bat' for them or being anywhere near the crease.

FF are in govt and they have yet to expunge the bang of cronyism and the whiff of the Galway tents off them.
    FG have yet to expunge the bang of being in thrall to D O'B and whiff of snout in the trough off them.

So from where I am standing it's wall to wall greasy underbellies, I'm just not locked into pointing it out when it's only SF.

Secondly, saying it is quite possible SF will someday be in govt is not 'going to bat' for them or being anywhere near the crease.

FF are in govt and they have yet to expunge the bang of cronyism and the whiff of the Galway tents off them.
    FG have yet to expunge the bang of being in thrall to D O'B and whiff of snout in the trough off them.

So from where I am standing it's wall to wall greasy underbellies, I'm just not locked into pointing it out when it's only SF.

I guess the usual coins will be turning this into a SF thread again to deflect from the latest view of the greasy bellies of FF.

I guess the usual coins will be turning this into a SF thread again to deflect from the latest view of the greasy bellies of FF.

What the hell is a 'coin'??

• Advertisement

Very sorry.

You erm sounded ...erm ..taller ...on the Internet.

Please accept my apologies.

What the hell is a 'coin'??

Brendan should be able to explain it to you as he uses the term when he wants to be 'edgy'.

Very sorry.

You erm sounded ...erm ..taller ...on the Internet.

Please accept my apologies.

No worries BB.
    I still understood the cricket reference despite being short.

No worries BB.
    I still understood the cricket reference despite being short.

Thanks

A ‘coin’ I’m led to believe is a person who makes a lot of noise rattling around (in your pocket) and is not worth much.

More trouble than it is worth, kind of.......

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I hope not in Ferris' case as his vocal support for so-called 'rural pursuits' are one of the reasons SF are on my No Vote list.

But if would be foolish to think SF will never be in govt.

You're cool with bomb maker Ellis though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

padd b1975 wrote: »

Was he in the car when Cowen was drunk driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Could have been under it at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 56,484 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Technically he was not found to be drunk, which is an ambiguous term anyway.

Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol, or having alcohol levels above the legally allowable limit..

Thanks

A ‘coin’ I’m led to believe is a person who makes a lot of noise rattling around (in your pocket) and is not worth much.

More trouble than it is worth, kind of.......

Thanks again.

Ah - small piece (pun intended) of historical trivia. In Tudor England the word 'Dandyprat' was a common insult for men who were small in stature but wore very fancy clothes and considered themselves important. They were called that because Henry VIII introduced a coin called a dandyprat that was small, very fancy looking, but made of such debased metal it was worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

FFS all this po faced puritanical virtue signalling. Cowan barely over the limit, michelle ONeill travelling to Dublin, mary Lou traipsing around Belfast, measuring who was where at a funeral. All bollockology of no relevance to anything

• Advertisement

Whatabout whatabout whatabout.

walshb wrote: »
    Technically he was not found to be drunk, which is an ambiguous term anyway.

Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol, or having alcohol levels above the legally allowable limit..

That's drunk right?

Being in a car slightly over the limit being so much worse than deliberately putting a bomb in it to use it to kill and mutilate whoever happens to ne passing

Could have been under it at some point...

No doubt, with Cowen behind the wheel.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Being in a car slightly over the limit being so much worse than deliberately putting a bomb in it to use it to kill and mutilate whoever happens to ne passing

So Cowen gets a pass because there is somebody else who did something else that was worse?

Is this how we are proposing to run the country?

I don't see the connection? Are you just throwing it in to save FF's blushes? Odd ananalogy.

So Cowen gets a pass because there is somebody else who did something else that was worse?

Is this how we are proposing to run the country?

He didnt get a pass . He was fined, put off the road and faces the public humiliation ongoing now. Unlike Yourself and the fellow SinnFein IRA travellers who not only want a pass but glory and celebrate your deliberate murder campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Did I pick up correctly on the radio today that Cowen was a learner driver at the time also?

Did I pick up correctly on the radio today that Cowen was a learner driver at the time also?

Yep

• Advertisement

He didnt get a pass . He was fined, put off the road and faces the public humiliation ongoing now. Unlike Yourself and the fellow SinnFein IRA travellers who not only want a pass but glory and celebrate your deliberate murder campaign

Ellis and Ferris both faced the penalty for their crimes committed during a conflict/war.

But you didn't answer the question suprisingly enough.

Is this how you propose running the country...if somebody is found to have done something wrong, you simply point at somebody else to excuse them or to give them a pass from scrutiny or account?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement