Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Like your own parody of a paramilitary funeral tother day, with a big grin.
    So you admit SF political leaders were completely wrong the other day and should have stayed away from Storeys funeral or at least not turn it into the circus it became?

Is this the bit where you try and imply Francie ever said otherwise?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think he was saying it was wrong of the leadership to attend and break the health guidelines from the offset.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,253 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Like your own parody of a paramilitary funeral tother day, with a big grin.
    So you admit SF political leaders were completely wrong the other day and should have stayed away from Storeys funeral or at least not turn it into the circus it became?

They made a mistake. No doubt in my mind from the get go.

And it matters not to me what the PSNI say, they have to do better.

But as I said, it was a funeral, and like other funerals I could have turned a blind eye to it too.
    But as usual in this country the Shinners are held to a higher standard of account than anyone else.

That is what is sticking out like a sore thumb with you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Is this the bit where you try and imply Francie ever said otherwise?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think he was saying it was wrong of the leadership to attend and break the health guidelines from the offset.

Mind your own business you and eat your Indian brunch:).
    Not really no, he made a good point ré yer man from Brussels, I'd agree with him totally on that.
    Like yourself he accepts it was wrong I'm sure, but SF haven't accepted that and it's that fact that yous lads should be concentrating on and wondering why that is.

Mind your own business you and eat your Indian brunch:).
    Not really no, he made a good point ré yer man from Brussels, I'd agree with him totally on that.
    Like yourself he accepts it was wrong I'm sure, but SF haven't accepted that and it's that fact that yous lads should be concentrating on and wondering why that is.

Nice deflection to avoid having to deal with your misrepresentation of my posting.

You should be a politician.

Far as I can see...re: funerals and other transgressions, there are a whole lot of parties and posters who haven't accepted they were wrong.

Take Sam McBrides 10 transgressions at Storey's funeral and they were almost all present at the State funeral. From advertising the funeral to pallbearers and crowds.

I had enough empathy and compassion to give the State funeral a pass as did everybody else at the time...nobody tried to make political capital even though it was easy to do.

Nice deflection to avoid having to deal with your misrepresentation of my posting.

You should be a politician.

Far as I can see...re: funerals and other transgressions, there are a whole lot of parties and posters who haven't accepted they were wrong.

Take Sam McBrides 10 transgressions at Storey's funeral and they were almost all present at the State funeral. From advertising the funeral to pallbearers and crowds.

I had enough empathy and compassion to give the State funeral a pass as did everybody else at the time...nobody tried to make political capital even though it was easy to do.

Not till Tuesday evening or Wednesday and on.
    After that it was used multiple times as a deflection, and it did breach restrictions, to be fair, but there were no high profile political parades involved in it.

• Advertisement

Not till Tuesday evening or Wednesday and on.
    After that it was used multiple times as a deflection, and it did breach restrictions, to be fair, but there were no high profile political parades involved in it.

A comparison is not a deflection. Not when you are pointing out the usual hypocrisy about these things.

Like Leo ranting about photo ops with food parcels in the Dáil, the social media outing of Eoghan Murphy was pointing out 'hypocrisy'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Darc19 wrote: »
    The media will always want click bait. Cowens advantage was he did not prevaricate and try to avoid the main breathalyzer in the station and wait a couple of hours and took his on the spot option of €200+3 months ban. So no fuss, no court, no reports.

Problem is Clara is a small town and he's got many that don't like him and had this story up their sleeves waiting.

But if it was 2013 when daly was stopped he would have passed the roadside test and gone on his way.

Daly prevaricated and played the time game and that and her attitude pissed off a couple of gardai who called a couple of contacts (getting a doc at 2am in the morning is not easy and can take 2-3 hours - enough time for someone not too far over the limit to be well under)

The gardai shouldn't have done that, but daly puts on a squeaky clean image yet played the system just like every one else did and which she was mouthing off on.

Anyway, seems cowen is now a non story as people realize it seems that he was under the normal limit, but because he did not have a full license (fool) the very low 20mg limit applied

So he broke the law, tried to hide it so should be removed from his position.

Any excusing a drink driver is a scumbag thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Truthvader wrote: »
    Jesus this is huge. Are we going to have to close down the army over this expense? No doubt this is a conspiracy between Goldman Sachs and the secret Blueshirt cabal controlling FG to reintroduce water charges to pay for it. Only lovely Mary Lou can save us now

You can ridicule it but that's only a deflection. Our Leo certainly has notions although the FF shenanigans of the last week must have emboldened him further.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Below is what meets you when you click on today's INDO. Cannot read anymore unless you pay for it.

Love the way he tells us immediately about his core FF credentials. Then we get to hear he is from a working class background. It cuts off when he tells us he wants to go back to the golden age of council housing. What could possibly go wrong?

'I know what negative equity is like' - New Housing Minister Darragh O'Brien reveals big ambitions

Darragh O'Brien is tickled by the idea that he isn't the first of his family to make his mark on Dublin's historic Custom House. Almost 100 years ago, his grand-uncle was part of an IRA raiding party who set it ablaze and destroyed historic records and documents going back to the time of King Henry VIII. But enough about the war.

Last week he began the job of reimagining Ireland's housing policy, undermined by years of poor planning, lack of vision, red tape and under-funding. For the new Government's reputation, much will depends on how he performs in a role that has defeated more than one of his predecessors.

A self-professed "working-class boy", he is a world away from his predecessor. His parents were raised in council houses in Crumlin and Drimnagh, built in the golden age of social housing, to which he now wants the country to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Below is what meets you when you click on today's INDO. Cannot read anymore unless you pay for it.

Love the way he tells us immediately about his core FF credentials. Then we get to hear he is from a working class background. It cuts off when he tells us he wants to go back to the golden age of council housing. What could possibly go wrong?

'I know what negative equity is like' - New Housing Minister Darragh O'Brien reveals big ambitions

Darragh O'Brien is tickled by the idea that he isn't the first of his family to make his mark on Dublin's historic Custom House. Almost 100 years ago, his grand-uncle was part of an IRA raiding party who set it ablaze and destroyed historic records and documents going back to the time of King Henry VIII. But enough about the war.

Last week he began the job of reimagining Ireland's housing policy, undermined by years of poor planning, lack of vision, red tape and under-funding. For the new Government's reputation, much will depends on how he performs in a role that has defeated more than one of his predecessors.

A self-professed "working-class boy", he is a world away from his predecessor. His parents were raised in council houses in Crumlin and Drimnagh, built in the golden age of social housing, to which he now wants the country to return.

Is he really celebrating his families participation in the single largest act of cultural vandalism in the history of this island?!?!?

People bang on about topping a statue is destroying history (it isn't) but what happened in the Four Courts really did destroy a large chunk of Irish history- and it was the history of Gaelic Ireland. Family Annals dating to before Strongbow, the Seanchas of the Gaelic clans that had survived the Tudors, documents going back before Henry II never mind Henry VIII - all of these were in there. Blown up by a gang who, let's be honest, were in open rebellion against a Treaty the Dáil has voted to support (and yes, I had family members on both sides in the Civil War but would be closer to the Anti-Treaty side).
    What we have left is fragments that were in private hands and the English side of the story - those Tudor documents referred to - as copies were kept safe in the UK.

Look at me boasts O'Brien - my grand- uncle blew up Gaelic Irish history how'd ya like that pedigree.
    He didn't mention the O'Brien's sided with the Tudors during the Conquest I notice.
    Knob. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Hard ól first week for Michael et Al in FF.
    SF made boloxs of themselves, or maybe showed how big of boloxs they really are all the time.
    So in looking back, a bad week for new Govt and most effective opposition ever.
    Shinnerbots in full flow this week.

A lad couldn’t sneeze into his hand without the implants in the media and social media making sure it got reported.

And it’s only starting………………

Shame alright. We'd a number of pages discussing Cowen and then you two come in back to back to turn the narrative on shinners.
    ...then of course we're a story on the two leaders so....
    Jesus this is huge. Are we going to have to close down the army over this expense? No doubt this is a conspiracy between Goldman Sachs and the secret Blueshirt cabal controlling FG to reintroduce water charges to pay for it. Only lovely Mary Lou can save us now
    Another who thinks, he's above reproach.
    Of course he is as wrong as the thickos who breached the rules in the North nó question.
    Trotted out as an example by your good self while you brazen the shinner line on their big day in the sun in typical hypocritical fashion.
    Marylous aide de camp is provided free of charge, to the state though. :D

So I take it youse have no interest in discussing anything not Shinner related?
    Could youse not at least stagger it out for optics?
    Zero credibility lads.

Whistleblower says FG minister intervened in an animal cruelty prosecution
    A whistleblower has made a protected disclosure about the decision by the Department of Agriculture to withdraw animal cruelty charges against a Co Monaghan farmer following an intervention by Heather Humphreys, the new social protection minister.

The case relates to Brian Wright, a farmer from Killygorman, who had been due to stand trial at Monaghan District Court on February 4 relating to the discovery of injured and sick cattle on his 250-acre farm in February 2017. The charges were withdrawn days after Humphreys delivered a letter about the case to Brendan Gleeson, the secretary-general of the department.

According to sources at Agriculture House, one of the officials involved in the prosecution has now used special legislation to raise serious allegations
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/official-blows-whistle-on-animal-cruelty-case-dropped-after-heather-humphreys-letter-5dlzb6h6g

According to this Wright was prosecuted in 2017 https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/court-hears-of-horror-animal-welfare-scene-at-border-farm-35414671.html

Same guy prosecuted in 2008 https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-irish-times/20080312/281638185909682

Banned from farming for life and told to divest himself of all livestock within 60 days in 2010 https://www.anglocelt.ie/2010/02/24/banned-from-farming-for-life/

Now in 2020 we have this
    A FARMER who was facing animal cruelty charges believes a letter ‘delivered’ by a Government Minister may have resulted in his case being dropped.

Cattle farmer Brian Wright (68) — who has twice been prosecuted on serious animal cruelty charges — told the Sunday World he believes “the case may not have been dropped without the letter”.

Enright was due to appear in Monaghan District Court earlier this month to face fresh charges under animal health and welfare laws.

However, the charges against the farmer were withdrawn on the date the case was due to go ahead. A spokesperson for Minister for Business Heather Humphreys subsequently confirmed she had ‘delivered’ a letter from a ‘third party’ in relation to the case, while the case was pending, to the Department of Agriculture but insisted the Minister“did not interfere in the case.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/farming-news/farmer-says-ministers-move-may-have-put-halt-to-animal-cruelty-charges-38982684.html#:~:text=Brian%20Wright%2C%20Killygorman%2C%20Newbliss%2C%20Co%20Monaghan.,-Patrick%20O'Connell&text=A%20FARMER%20who%20was%20facing,in%20his%20case%20being%20dropped.

Animal welfare is a serious issue in this country and one of the main problems ls lack of enforcement/prosecution.
    Now we have a Govt minister 'delivering a letter' in relation to the 4th prosecution of a farmer banned 10 years ago from farming due to animal cruelty.

Bowie wrote: »
    Shame alright. We'd a number of pages discussing Cowen and then you two come in back to back to turn the narrative on shinners.
    ...then of course we're a story on the two leaders so....

So I take it youse have no interest in discussing anything not Shinner related?
    Could youse not at least stagger it out for optics?
    Zero credibility lads.

Have a look at Cowens response today, like a bold child looking for forgiveness, makes it a non story now because he acknowledged from the start that it was totally wrong and he was sorry.
    His sorrow might be false and only because he got caught for drink driving and again that it came out publicly and he thought it never would. But at least he isn't trying to deflect or defend it as being something he was honoured to partake in.
    I think he should be demoted for hiding it personally.

Have a look at Cowens response today, like a bold child looking for forgiveness, makes it a non story now because he acknowledged from the start that it was totally wrong and he was sorry.
    His sorrow might be false and only because he got caught for drink driving and again that it came out publicly and he thought it never would. But at least he isn't trying to deflect or defend it as being something he was honoured to partake in.

Let's get this straight:

You think Barry Cowen's act shouldn't be treated as seriously as it would be if SF hadn't gone to a funeral?

Why is what SF did mitigation for another totally separate thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Don't think he hid it as such. Just didn't go whooping onto a stage to celebrate it like the Sinn Fein gang welcoming bombers and Garda killers onto a stage.

Ooops there I go again making it about Sinn Fein . Silly me.

Don't think he hid it as such.

:eek:

Bannasidhe wrote: »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/official-blows-whistle-on-animal-cruelty-case-dropped-after-heather-humphreys-letter-5dlzb6h6g

According to this Wright was prosecuted in 2017 https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/court-hears-of-horror-animal-welfare-scene-at-border-farm-35414671.html

Same guy prosecuted in 2008 https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-irish-times/20080312/281638185909682

Banned from farming for life and told to divest himself of all livestock within 60 days in 2010 https://www.anglocelt.ie/2010/02/24/banned-from-farming-for-life/

Now in 2020 we have this
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/farming-news/farmer-says-ministers-move-may-have-put-halt-to-animal-cruelty-charges-38982684.html#:~:text=Brian%20Wright%2C%20Killygorman%2C%20Newbliss%2C%20Co%20Monaghan.,-Patrick%20O'Connell&text=A%20FARMER%20who%20was%20facing,in%20his%20case%20being%20dropped.

Animal welfare is a serious issue in this country and one of the main problems ls lack of enforcement/prosecution.
    Now we have a Govt minister 'delivering a letter' in relation to the 4th prosecution of a farmer banned 10 years ago from farming due to animal cruelty.

Let's see if it gains any traction tomorrow. With his record theres no reason to be speaking on his behalf from such a high level and her not even in a week. Likely she was told to write the letter. Would be unusual to take such an uninformed stance for a stranger I'd imagine.
    Looking like FF/FG are going to be telling on each other. This coalition might dissolve itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

On radio an hour ago; in regard to Billy Kelleher who did not isolate for 14 days when he came back from Brussels; Mattie McGrath said: "these are [just?] Guidelines, - as Opposed to Legally binding Rules".

good to know, though i thought Rules were not laws. or maybe they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Now in 2020 we have this

Great post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

On radio an hour ago; in regard to Billy Kelleher who did not isolate for 14 days when he came back from Brussels; Mattie McGrath said: "these are [just?] Guidelines, - as Opposed to Legally binding Rules".

good to know, though i thought Rules were not laws. or maybe they are.

Like those drink driving guidelines.

---

I love how Micheal was being made out to be some sort of martyr because the family wasn't able to come to Dublin last week and now he's saying nowt after Kelleher broke the rules. Funny that!

I hope there's an almighty amount of dirt ready to be released on FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Brazen what 'line'?

Is this where my post history gets reinvented again Bish?

I criticised SF and the event in my first post on the subject.

You seem to always go for that line of defense,a chara.

It would appear that one minor criticism equalizes a month of hard grafting under the Shinner flag.

What’s your quota,a chara, a few minor criticisms followed by 30k - 24/365 time at the wicket .

You are disrespecting the people subscribing to this thread if you think they will swallow that.

Be honest at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It would appear that one minor criticism equalizes a month of hard grafting under the Shinner flag.

What’s your quota,a chara, a few minor criticisms followed by 30k - 24/365 time at the wicket .

You are disrespecting the people subscribing to this thread if you think they will swallow that.

Be honest at least.

Have you anything to say about FF, FG or the greens in this thread about FF, FG and the Greens?

I mean, FF have a wile amount of crap to talk about this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Great post.

@ Bannansidhe. 2003 - 400 ! cattle. was he on his own? or what help did he have?

Those big farms, they are always going down in the field i.e. drop dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Have you anything to say about FF, FG or the greens in this thread about FF, FG and the Greens?

I mean, FF have a wile amount of crap to talk about this week.

Sure I have, they need to get their house in order pretty damn quick.

However I don’t fall into the trap of thinking that a bunch of coins on a social media thread dedicated to magnifying every faux pas have too much influence.

FF may have a lot of crap to talk about, but sure as eggs is eggs SF have a damn lot more to talk about.

It’s called balance, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Be honest at least.

There is already a thread where you're fellow travelers bash Sinn Féin. Obviously You want to turn this one into the same thing, but eh that's not going to happen a chara. This thread is the thread where the FFG lead government is going to be scrutinised relentlessly.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    There is already a thread where you're fellow travelers bash Sinn Féin. Obviously You want to turn this one into the same thing, but eh that's not going to happen a chara. This thread is the thread where the FFG lead government is going to be scrutinised relentlessly.

Even just to be allowed discuss the government would be nice.
    Its quite obvious they can't defend from any criticism based on FF/FG own merits, which is worrying for them.

Sure I have, they need to get their house in order pretty damn quick.

However I don’t fall into the trap of thinking that a bunch of coins on a social media thread dedicated to magnifying every faux pas have too much influence.

FF may have a lot of crap to talk about, but sure as eggs is eggs SF have a damn lot more to talk about.

It’s called balance, dude.

"You can't teach your Granny how to suck eggs" as Mark Lawrenson used to say when analysing the football. Lot's of ways to distract from the focus of a thread isn't there Brendan, look over there a squirrel.

Bowie wrote: »
    Even just to be allowed discuss the government would be nice.
    Its quite obvious they can't defend from any criticism based on FF/FG own merits, which is worrying for them.

It hasn't even started yet. Deflection it appears is their Plan A, probably their only Plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

TheCitizen wrote: »

https://twitter.com/dmc_fadden/status/1279743467162406912?s=19

:pac:

• Advertisement

@ Bannansidhe. 2003 - 400 ! cattle. was he on his own? or what help did he have?

Those big farms, they are always going down in the field i.e. drop dead.

He was banned from farming for life and ordered to divest himself of all livestock in 2010 according to press reports so he shouldn't have had any cattle at all for the last 10 years.

Yet he was fined nearly €12k in 2017 for appalling animal cruelty.
    And in 2020 he was due to be prosecuted again but charges were dropped which is what the whistleblower allegation are about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement