Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

TheCitizen wrote: »
    There is already a thread where you're fellow travelers bash Sinn Féin. Obviously You want to turn this one into the same thing, but eh that's not going to happen a chara. This thread is the thread where the FFG lead government is going to be scrutinised relentlessly.

Oh dear, where everybody piles on and everyone is afraid to respond.

Sorry pal, that one won’t be a runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

This is how it works when people post on something, you discuss it or disagree or agree. What evs.
    We don't all want to talk about shinners all day. Especially not in a FF/FG/Green thread.
    Sorry lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Sure I have, they need to get their house in order pretty damn quick.

However I don’t fall into the trap of thinking that a bunch of coins on a social media thread dedicated to magnifying every faux pas have too much influence.

FF may have a lot of crap to talk about, but sure as eggs is eggs SF have a damn lot more to talk about.

It’s called balance, dude.

Balance?

Go start another SF thread then for balance. This is literally a thread about something else and you're infesting it with your usual anti-SF guff.

---

Anyway, Barry Cowen, drink driving... It's no Jim McDaid now, but surely he has to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

"You can't teach your Granny how to suck eggs" as Mark Lawrenson used to say when analysing the football. Lot's of ways to distract from the focus of a thread isn't there Brendan, look over there a squirrel.
    I thought it was Wayne Rooney that knew more about what Granny could suck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

pal! Where did you park your taxi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

McMurphy wrote: »

That the guy with more make up than a drag queen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Let's get this straight:

You think Barry Cowen's act shouldn't be treated as seriously as it would be if SF hadn't gone to a funeral?

Why is what SF did mitigation for another totally separate thing?

No, I said he should be demoted,, did you not see that.
    In comparison to the funeral debacle though he held his, hands up and admitted he was wrong.
    Same for Kelleher whom you linked to today. https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0705/1151498-kelleher-mep-apology/

All were wrong, but so far only two have admitted it, one crew hasn't as yet, I can't mention their collective name as yous lads might get offended. :).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    This is how it works when people post on something, you discuss it or disagree or agree. What evs.
    We don't all want to talk about shinners all day. Especially not in a FF/FG/Green thread.
    Sorry lad.

So what is this, a thread which is used by shinnerbots to pump out propaganda and everybody else stand and watch.

I’d be surprised if the management of this platform would be happy with that.

Then again maybe they would.

Be nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

In comparison to the funeral debacle though he held his, hands up and admitted he was wrong.
    Same for Kelleher whom you linked to today. https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0705/1151498-kelleher-mep-apology/

All were wrong, but so far only two have admitted it, one crew hasn't as yet, I can't mention their collective name as yous lads might get offended. :).

You mean an apology like this? https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/07/03/news/mary-lou-mcdonald-apologises-for-any-hurt-caused-over-crowds-at-bobby-storey-funeral-1994480/

Anyone seen an apology from Charlie Flaghnan for flouting restrictions and being part of a large, not socially distanced, funeral? Or Garda HQ for not maintaining social distancing despite their high profile attendance?

I may have missed them among all the 'it's different' comments.

Can you not discuss one thing without jumping to another? Cowen's story was ignored until now. That's a media query not forgetting comparison to how Daly was treated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

There is already a thread where you're fellow travelers bash Sinn Féin. Obviously You want to turn this one into the same thing, but eh that's not going to happen a chara. This thread is the thread where the FFG lead government is going to be scrutinised relentlessly.

By you??? Ooooer help Mummy!

So what is this, a thread which is used by shinnerbots to pump out propaganda and everybody else stand and watch.

I’d be surprised if the management of this platform would be happy with that.

Then again maybe they would.

Be nice to know.

Nope. It was a few people discussing the latest political news. You didnt like it and tried to change it to SF. That would make you the bot.
    Threads have titles for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,253 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SF have apologised for any hurt caused by their holding a funeral.
    Straight up...they didn't wait 4 years to do that or until they were exposed..like Cowen and Kellegher.

If you are waiting for SF to apologise for actually having or going to a funeral, I think you'll be waiting and rightfully so in my opinion.

Accepting that almost all of the breaches in Belfast occurred in Mayo, would you be asking anyone to apologise for going to the state funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Straight up...they didn't wait 4 years to do that or until they were exposed..like Cowen and Kellegher.

If you are waiting for SF to apologise for actually having or going to a funeral, I think you'll be waiting and rightfully so in my opinion.

Accepting that almost all of the breaches in Belfast occurred in Mayo, would you be asking anyone to apologise for going to the state funeral?

I supppse if they wont apologise for causing so many funerals they cant really be expected to apologise for having one

I was, going to reply to Bowie and this popped, up, so both.

They apologised for any hurt caused, not for the, fact they were there and defend that by saying they did nothing wrong.

Will the next Dail sitting be postponed if Michael Martin and co are isolating after being in contact with Kelleher?

They apologised for any hurt caused, not for the, fact they were there and defend that by saying they did nothing wrong.

So Cowen was a victim for somebody with an axe to grind and a media contact or the media sat on it? Likely MM was lying about not knowing it his party have him isolated.

It was against any regs to be there. SF's organisation of the event was wrong and adherence to social distancing was wrong IMO. They say it wasn't and I guess we will have to see what the police say.

So given that, we will move on in the near future to see what the punishments are for wrongdoing. Will Cowen and Kellegher be punished I wonder or will they be given a pass by their party leader?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sinn Fein apologised for any hurt caused by the controversy over the attendance of MLMcD or MON at Bobby Storey's funeral.

They most certainly did not apologise for holding the funeral in the manner in which they did- or for the scenes of large numbers of people gathering with no social distancing.

Read the press release- it specifically apologises for any hurt caused by the controversy of MLMcD's and MON's attendance at the funeral- nothing else.

Sinn Fein apologised for any hurt caused by the controversy over the attendance of MLMcD or MON at Bobby Storey's funeral.

They most certainly did not apologise for holding the funeral in the manner in which they did- or for the scenes of large numbers of people gathering with no social distancing.

Read the press release- it specifically apologises for any hurt caused by the controversy of MLMcD's and MON's attendance at the funeral- nothing else.

So Cowen wins?

• Advertisement

Yes. And it will be up to the police to decide if SF were responsible for the behaviour of the crowds who turned up.
    As McBride pointed out they had 1800 stewards/marshalls there so they did make some effort.

We'll see what the police say.

It was against any regs to be there. SF's organisation of the event was wrong and adherence to social distancing was wrong IMO. They say it wasn't and I guess we will have to see what the police say.

So given that, we will move on in the near future to see what the punishments are for wrongdoing. Will Cowen and Kellegher be punished I wonder or will they be given a pass by their party leader?

Back on that, Michael has said he accepts Cowens apology and he feels he has genuine remorse.
    So unless outside pressure makes him change his mind it looks like he will do nothing.
    I wonder will cowen make a Dáil statement and apologise there too. Its been a humiliating weekend for him and he deserves it all.

Back on that, Michael has said he accepts Cowens apology and he feels he has genuine remorse.
    So unless outside pressure makes him change his mind it looks like he will do nothing.
    I wonder will cowen make a Dáil statement and apologise there too. Its been a humiliating weekend for him and he deserves it all.

Personally I would be more worried about the sinister people controlling when these stories make it into the public domain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Whistleblower says FG minister intervened in an animal cruelty prosecution

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/official-blows-whistle-on-animal-cruelty-case-dropped-after-heather-humphreys-letter-5dlzb6h6g

According to this Wright was prosecuted in 2017 https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/agri-business/court-hears-of-horror-animal-welfare-scene-at-border-farm-35414671.html

Same guy prosecuted in 2008 https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-irish-times/20080312/281638185909682

Banned from farming for life and told to divest himself of all livestock within 60 days in 2010 https://www.anglocelt.ie/2010/02/24/banned-from-farming-for-life/

Now in 2020 we have this
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/farming-news/farmer-says-ministers-move-may-have-put-halt-to-animal-cruelty-charges-38982684.html#:~:text=Brian%20Wright%2C%20Killygorman%2C%20Newbliss%2C%20Co%20Monaghan.,-Patrick%20O'Connell&text=A%20FARMER%20who%20was%20facing,in%20his%20case%20being%20dropped.

Animal welfare is a serious issue in this country and one of the main problems ls lack of enforcement/prosecution.
    Now we have a Govt minister 'delivering a letter' in relation to the 4th prosecution of a farmer banned 10 years ago from farming due to animal cruelty.

That is sickening. I am looking forward to this FFG government showing their true colours.

That is sickening. I am looking forward to this FFG government showing their true colours.

Why write the letter? Did she not know his record? She's not even in office a week ffs..

Why write the letter? Did she not know his record? She's not even in office a week ffs..

Probably a relative

Probably a relative

Surely the Greens will be livid :rolleyes:

Thought Heather had survived that one. Wonder what the 'disclosure' says.

Doubt it, Greens hate livestock,

• Advertisement

Humphreys pulling strings for someone with no business having livestock and news of Cowen claiming full driving expenses for the period he was banned from driving.
    Week one :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement