Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I believe you. Deliberate deflection and pettiness in the midst of crises. As evidenced on this thread.

To be fair, you did make a brainfart post about people "deflecting away from Sinn Fein and highlighting problems in other party's" it was an ironic post.

Seeing as this is a thread discussing the FF/G/GP Coalition (there's a few other threads on Sinn Féin open) and I just checked, your very, first, post on this thread was about "Sinn Fein" and pretty much every one after that one was too.

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=619087&thread=2058086931&sort=oldest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I'm more concerned about how this government intends to tackle Covid-19, climate change, Brexit and a shattered economy. But look, let people continue to bring up Cowen and Kelleher because that's like really so important. It's not like they have an agenda or anything when they continuously focus on them.

I'm also concerned how they tackle covid 19, but Kelleher's actions didn't help. at a time when the government are trying to persuade people not to travel if it isn't necessary.
    The distractions are self created.
    Not a good start, and hopefully it gets better.
    Feels like Martin has already "lost the dressing room" to use a football term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

McMurphy wrote: »
    To be fair, you did make a brainfart post about people "deflecting away from Sinn Fein and highlighting problems in other party's" it was an ironic post.

Seeing as this is a thread discussing the FF/G/GP Coalition (there's a few other threads on Sinn Féin open) and I just checked, your very, first, post on this thread was about "Sinn Fein" and pretty much every one after that one was too.

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=619087&thread=2058086931&sort=oldest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A

Lol.

Did you really laugh out loud, dude?

Wasn’t that funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I'm more concerned about how this government intends to tackle Covid-19, climate change, Brexit and a shattered economy. But look, let people continue to bring up Cowen and Kelleher because that's like really so important. It's not like they have an agenda or anything when they continuously focus on them.

Breaking the law anytime and breaking health advice during a pandemic is serious.
    Drink driving is serious. Having a member of the govt being seen to have broken the law plays right into the hands of the Healy-Rae 'no bother with a few pints and drive afterwards' oft spouted policy.

Trying to get people to obey restrictions while a high profile member of the party blatantly flaunts them sends entirely the wrong message. Why should people heed the not to travel or go into 2 weeks quarantine when Kelliher didn't and essentially said 'soz'?

Soz isn't good enough. Obeying the law, and following health guidelines should be the absolute minimum. People are rightfully concerned that once again there are double standards at play.

Wasn’t that funny.

Yeah I did , I thought that a person complaining about something they have been consistently partaking in themselves was funny, in an ironic kind of way.

Humour is subjective John. Most of my pals like the Ricky Gervais series "The office" for example, whereas I don't get it myself.

You ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lol.

Completely untrue. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a liar and just made a mistake.

Wasn’t that funny.

Ad hominem is in the manual.

Completely untrue. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a liar and just made a mistake.

Imagine if this site had a function where you could check a posters input on a certain thread, and filter to show the posts from the oldest to the newest..

You're guilty of what you yourself are complaining about.

Not a mistake, and I ain't a liar either so perhaps you'd like to withdraw that?

Just look at the very first page of search results.

IMG-20200706-165203.jpg

Imagine if this site had a function where you could check a posters input on a certain thread, and filter to show the posts from the oldest to the newest..

No mistake, and I ain't a liar either so perhaps you'd like to withdraw that?

IMG-20200706-165203.jpg

Why didn't you post a pic of page 2? Is it because it would prove that your statement that "pretty much every one after that one was too." is utterly wrong?
    You're not very good at this ad hominem thing. Need more training.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That depends on how you define 'we'. There are people on here whose only objective is to deflect from SF and magnify problems in other parties.

There are people on here whose only objective is to deflect from other parties and magnify apparent problems with SF.

---

This thread is about the other parties you'll find.

---

The Cowen issue is more than just simply him getting caught. It's all to do with our Taoiseach not knowing it happened or simply ignoring it happened. Neither of which are good.

• Advertisement

Why didn't you post a pic of page 2? Is it because it would prove that your statement that "pretty much every one after that one was too." is utterly wrong?
    You're not very good at this ad hominem thing. Need more training.

I didn't look at page 2, page 1 where you (as I stated you did) entered the thread (that's not about SF) posted about SF, and generally followed on from that one along the same vein, really should be enough to demonstrate how you're complaining about people doing exactly what you yourself are guilty of.

Stones and glass houses etc.

I didn't look at page 2, page 1 where you (as I stated you did) entered the thread (that's not about SF) posted about SF, and generally followed on from that one along the same vein, really should be enough to demonstrate how you're complaining about people doing exactly what you yourself are guilty of.

Stones and glass houses etc.

So you admit that this statement is wrong:

"I just checked, your very, first, post on this thread was about "Sinn Fein" and pretty much every one after that one was too."

Okay.

There are people on here whose only objective is to deflect from other parties and magnify apparent problems with SF.

---

This thread is about the other parties you'll find.

---

The Cowen issue is more than just simply him getting caught. It's all to do with our Taoiseach not knowing it happened or simply ignoring it happened. Neither of which are good.

No it's not good. But, as a nation, we have bigger fish to fry right now. If the media, public and politicians spend their time focusing on Cowen, Kelleher, O'Neill etc., and their relatively minor mistakes, then there isn't going to be a lot done about really urgent and serious problems.

So you admit that this statement is wrong:

"I just checked, your very, first, post on this thread was about "Sinn Fein" and pretty much every one after that one was too."

Okay.

Do you want me to reword it to something along the lines of "the vast majority of the ones that followed mentioned Sinn Fein in some way also"?

Just checked, and that would be about right, fair big chunk of your posts mention the shinners, or else are replies to posts that have followed on from you mentioning them.

No "ad hominems" that's just checking your contributions to the thread prof.

Bit rich complaining tbh.

Do you want me to reword it to something along the lines of "the vast majority of the ones that followed mentioned Sinn Fein in some way also"?

Just checked, and that would be about right, fair big chunk of your posts mention the shinners, or else are replies to posts that have followed on from you mentioning them.

No "ad hominems" that's just checking your contributions to the thread prof.

Bit rich complaining tbh.

A chunk is fair. "vast majority" would be yet another misrepresentation. I'll leave you at it.

A chunk is fair. "vast majority" would be yet another misrepresentation. I'll leave you at it.

Yeah, I'm certainly not prepared to lock horns and go for hours over it, I think I made my point regardless.

You think I misrepresented you, I think you've no grounds to complain about something you're partaking in yourself.

We'll not fall out over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Something going around on social media about the new minister of children.

Friends with a dodgy individual or something along those lines.

Storm in a tea cup or will it grow legs

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,685 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If posters continue to discuss posters rather than the topic I'll remove posting privileges

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

No it's not good. But, as a nation, we have bigger fish to fry right now. If the media, public and politicians spend their time focusing on Cowen, Kelleher, O'Neill etc., and their relatively minor mistakes, then there isn't going to be a lot done about really urgent and serious problems.

There's always bigger fish to fry.

But if our politicians can't be trusted then why the hell should they expect us to come along with them in anything.

And if there are bigger fish to fry to enable to you to ignore FF's transgressions and their amateur approach to government then the fish are too big to be bringing up Sinn Féin constantly in a thread about the new government.

I had hoped that this FF cute-hoorism and the ignorance of their corrupt ways were behind us but seemingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Something going around on social media about the new minister of children.

Friends with a dodgy individual or something along those lines.

Storm in a tea cup or will it grow legs

Unlikely to grow legs
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/minister-for-children-condemns-homophobic-attacks-from-far-right-1.4297259

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

"Far right " lol
    Hes like a real life version of a Twitter troll

People from all walks are interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

"Far right " lol

As a gay person myself, once I see Peter mentioned my heart sinks. I know he’s clarified his comments to try deflect the guardian article in the 90s, but them apologist comments towards paedophilia where rotten.

Roderic has put out a tweet today distancing himself from all that, but it’s worrying. Russia have used this to fuel the homophobia fire is relevant but a simple question to a minister for children isn’t.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,685 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

"Far right " lol

It's been discussed elsewhere and the relevant thread is closed. It's not for further discussion here but you are welcome to read through the original thread

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

"Far right " lol

Well Gemma oDocherty is on the Irish far right and she is trying to like OGorman as being into satanic rituals. She also said that OGorman shoud be in prison and that he is a danger to children. All her far right followers have been piling onto him all week, its pretty abhorrent stuff
    Last week, former journalist Gemma O’Doherty tweeted a screenshot of a photo of an Irish actor who had recreated the famous Goya painting ‘Saturn Devouring his Son’ which the Minister had re-tweeted. “Another day of sordid revelations,” wrote O’Doherty, before calling for the Minister to step down. A number of Twitter users accused Mr O’Gorman of supporting Satanism, claims he dismissed as ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well Gemma oDocherty is on the Irish far right and she is trying to like OGorman as being into satanic rituals. She also said that OGorman shoud be in prison and that he is a danger to children. All her far right followers have been piling onto him all week, its pretty abhorrent stuff

Vile stuff indeed. No supporter of the Greens but this woman should be prosecuted under incitement to hatred legislation

The digging into Barry Cowen's past continues.

Latest to re-emerge is he was listed in Stubbs Gazette in 2014 as a debtor owing €60k to AIB
    https://www.businesspost.ie/news-focus/60000-debt-lands-barry-cowen-in-stubbs-gazette-third-judgment-against-a-member-of-current-dail-26ccebea

and sued due to an outstanding debt in 2013
    https://www.herald.ie/news/cowen-brother-sued-over-debt-of-8600-29654667.html

MM perhaps should have done a bit of due diligence before appointing a man with a less than exemplary record to a senior ministry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The digging into Barry Cowen's past continues.

Latest to re-emerge is he was listed in Stubbs Gazette in 2014 as a debtor owing €60k to AIB
    https://www.businesspost.ie/news-focus/60000-debt-lands-barry-cowen-in-stubbs-gazette-third-judgment-against-a-member-of-current-dail-26ccebea

and sued due to an outstanding debt in 2013
    https://www.herald.ie/news/cowen-brother-sued-over-debt-of-8600-29654667.html

MM perhaps should have done a bit of due diligence before appointing a man with a less than exemplary record to a senior ministry.

I dunno he's sounding more and more qualified, (except the driving) to be classic FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

Id say FG and the greens are already wondering what they have got themselves into with Cowen immediately reverting to FF shenagians Problem is when you lie down with dogs you get Fleas

xl500 wrote: »
    Id say FG and the greens are already wondering what they have got themselves into with Cowen immediately reverting to FF shenagians Problem is when you lie down with dogs to get Fleas

Not so much reverting as much as never stopping.

The two debt notices are before he was elected as a TD, and both were published, so FF selected him as a candidate with this info in the public domain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

xl500 wrote: »
    Id say FG and the greens are already wondering what they have got themselves into with Cowen immediately reverting to FF shenagians Problem is when you lie down with dogs to get Fleas

I'd say FF /the Greens are wondering what all the fuss is about. So Cowan isn't a person who has never ever ever done anything wrong. Expect plenty of those complaining and posting have far more lurid histories involving more pre-meditated and serious wrongdoing.

To paraphrase (kinda) Louden Wainwright III

Politicians are people and that's all they can be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement