Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Truthvader wrote: »
    I'd say FF /the Greens are wondering what all the fuss is about. So Cowan isn't a person who has never ever ever done anything wrong. Expect plenty of those complaining and posting have far more lurid histories involving more pre-meditated and serious wrongdoing.

To paraphrase (kinda) Louden Wainwright III

Politicians are people and that's all they can be

Well, I'm posting and I have never been listed as a debt defaulter or had my (full) drivers licence suspended for any reason. But then I pay my debts and adhere to driving legislation.

But what a truly pathetic whatabout post that is - "I bet my fellow posters have done reaaaaalllly bad things" sums it up.

It is also the very reason politicians get up to shenanigans - they know they can get away with them because some people just can't help making excuses for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bannasidhe wrote:
    It is also the very reason politicians get up to shenanigans - they know they can get away with them because some people just can't help making excuses for them.

I dunno. The drink driving thing I didn't give a damn about tbh. It happened years ago and he served his disqualification and that's it as far as I'm concerned.

The debt stuff is more troubling. Indicative that the real FF have never truly gone away as I long suspected. Mainly why I would have preferred a second election than them getting back into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Necro wrote: »
    I dunno. The drink driving thing I didn't give a damn about tbh. It happened years ago and he served his disqualification and that's it as far as I'm concerned.

The debt stuff is more troubling. Indicative that the real FF have never truly gone away as I long suspected. Mainly why I would have preferred a second election than them getting back into power.

Ehhhh....

Does anyone remember the recession and all of us paying the Banks debts for them.

So bold Barry owes AIB money. I'm crying

If you want "whatabout" pass me the Northern Bank file

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

why? so you can see the only evidence found is money in an RUC leisure centre? thats a fact that wont go away no matter how much you lay the blame at other doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ehhhh....

Does anyone remember the recession and all of us paying the Banks debts for them.

So bold Barry owes AIB money. I'm crying

So you are cool with the tax payer being forced to pay private debts and okay with a FF'er, a party with some responsibility for that, not paying what he owes? Do you reckon their loss, because of him and others like him, was covered by the tax payer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

With the new Green Party Children's Minister Roderic O'Gorman telling us today that children under 16 should be able to change their gender; wonder how that will play out with the other partners in government?
    So it looks like the Green Party's main focus as soon as they got into government was Direct Provision, and now this?

Many of us were expecting the Green Party to focus on environmental and sustainability initiatives, but they seem to have gone rogue on many of their voters with this type of "change" for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Any word from Bobby on this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Necro wrote: »

The electorate needed a reminder on how bad they are. FG facilitated their rebirth by being equally inept, greedy and corrupt. FFG will be truly exposed during the lifetime of this government.

The electorate needed a reminder on how bad they are. FG facilitated their rebirth by being equally inept, greedy and corrupt. FFG will be truly exposed during the lifetime of this government.

It's like RTE. No matter how bad Lottie Ryan is she'll always have a job and might end up hosting the LLS.
    No matter how bad Cowen or others are, they'll likely be in again and Cowen could very easily be FF leader at some point.

Load of bull, dude .

FG held the line against the odds.

FF need to show cahunas and pull the trigger on Cowen.

Not a bad guy, but showed terrible judgement.

Micheál............you know what you have to do!

• Advertisement

Load of bull, dude .

FG held the line against the odds.

FF need to show cahunas and pull the trigger on Cowen.

Not a bad guy, but showed terrible judgement.

Micheál............you know what you have to do!

By taking out a loan, austerity, record breaking crises and a backroom deal with FF?
    Be tough for MM to start pulling at that thread.

Bowie wrote: »
    By taking out a loan, austerity, record breaking crises and a backroom deal with FF?
    Be tough for MM to start pulling at that thread.

Do expand, a chara.

Do expand, a chara.

I was asking you to explain what 'holding the line' entailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

It's like RTE. No matter how bad Lottie Ryan is she'll always have a job and might end up hosting the LLS.
    No matter how bad Cowen or others are, they'll likely be in again and Cowen could very easily be FF leader at some point.

The clear difference being that Cowen etc. are voted in by the electorate.

The clear difference being that Cowen etc. are voted in by the electorate.

Indeed. My point is regardless of performance they'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

xl500 wrote: »
    Id say FG and the greens are already wondering what they have got themselves into with Cowen immediately reverting to FF shenagians Problem is when you lie down with dogs you get Fleas

Id say give it another week or 10 days and we might see FG evening up the score with the Heather Humphreys scandal. If it is shown she interfered in the judicial process there will be fireworks. Whistleblower has made a protected disclosure so she has some explaining to do as to why a farmer in her constituency who was already convicted of animal creulty and banned from owning animals is still owning animals.

This government is barely in place a wet week and it is looking punch drunk already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

This chap Joe flaherty of FF sent a letter to a local court re three Hannafins on assault charges.
    These three men were among those targeted by CAB yesterday in Longford.
    Now wtf was he thinking interfering in the first place.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2020/06/12/news/irish-news/joe-flaherty-td-letter-character-reference/amp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PixieValentine

Kivaro wrote: »
    With the new Green Party Children's Minister Roderic O'Gorman telling us today that children under 16 should be able to change their gender; wonder how that will play out with the other partners in government?
    So it looks like the Green Party's main focus as soon as they got into government was Direct Provision, and now this?

Many of us were expecting the Green Party to focus on environmental and sustainability initiatives, but they seem to have gone rogue on many of their voters with this type of "change" for Ireland.

Don't think FG will have an issue with it, because this article that came out during the PFG talks said they wanted it in there:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fine-gael-seeking-law-change-to-let-under-16s-legally-change-gender-39252644.html

So that’s one of the partners fine with it. FF… dunno. We’ll see, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So you are cool with the tax payer being forced to pay private debts and okay with a FF'er, a party with some responsibility for that, not paying what he owes? Do you reckon their loss, because of him and others like him, was covered by the tax payer?

I thought you were cool with the tax payer being forced to pay private debts. You have argued against evictions as long as you have been on these boards and argued that the banks and what you call "vulture funds" should not be allowed evict those who refuse to pay their mortgage.

Hypocrisy again.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    I thought you were cool with the tax payer being forced to pay private debts. You have argued against evictions as long as you have been on these boards and argued that the banks and what you call "vulture funds" should not be allowed evict those who refuse to pay their mortgage.

Hypocrisy again.

I see you've no quotes. Helps when you want to put a spin on things or make stuff up.
    Not only do you offer no opinion of your own, you seem to be set on trying some form of jaded one up man ship. You realise you have moved completely off the topic just to try and fail at getting a dig in.
    To quote 'Still Game', I cannae be arsed'. You have a nice rest of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I see you've no quotes. Helps when you want to put a spin on things or make stuff up.
    Not only do you offer no opinion of your own, you seem to be set on trying some form of jaded one up man ship. You realise you have moved completely off the topic just to try and fail at getting a dig in.
    To quote 'Still Game', I cannae be arsed'. You have a nice rest of the evening.

So you are ok with vulture funds and the banks evicting those that can't afford to pay their mortgage debt? Glad we have that one cleared up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I don't want to get Machiavellian about it, but what a hand of cards FG are holding at the moment....

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say give it another week or 10 days and we might see FG evening up the score with the Heather Humphreys scandal. If it is shown she interfered in the judicial process there will be fireworks. Whistleblower has made a protected disclosure so she has some explaining to do as to why a farmer in her constituency who was already convicted of animal creulty and banned from owning animals is still owning animals.

This government is barely in place a wet week and it is looking punch drunk already.

Worst start by a government ever?

Greens must already be wondering why they got into bed with FFG who clearly have never lost their arrogance.

I don't want to get Machiavellian about it, but what a hand of cards FG are holding at the moment....

Too late for them now. They are along for the very muddy ride. It's everything I hoped for from GE2020. FF+FG to merge in government and continue their dishonest ways.

Heather Humphreys will level that.

Worst start by a government ever?

Greens must already be wondering why they got into bed with FFG who clearly have never lost their arrogance.

If the Greens didn't know they've no business looking to govern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Was MM rejecting the notion of a united Ireland referendum during his term the final shred of FF's core values/principles? In my view, they now stand for absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Also, will the Heather Humphreys scandal be bigger and more destructive than Barry Cowen's situation? What an absolute spanner. The Greens will be watching very closely...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Was MM rejecting the notion of a united Ireland referendum during his term the final shred of FF's core values/principles? In my view, they now stand for absolutely nothing.

Right thing to do in my opinion.
    There is enough stuff to be doing in this term rather than opening up that can of worms.

Also, it's not likely to pass anyhow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement