Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Self employed. Read the programme for government, not some idiot on twitter who seems to lack the ability to read himself

Anyone Income Tax Registered is anyone who has Income that has is not from PAYE of over €5,000 (i.e Landlords etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Patser wrote: »
    Greens down slightly, as their talks of big carbon taxes will spook some.
    FG up a lot due to Covid 19 handling
    FF down a good bit, due to the spectre that Michael Martin might actually be Taoiseach
    SF up slightly - run more candidates where they cleaned up
    PBP/left sided Indies - down as they used SF tranfers to get in, but SF will now take those seats
    Healy-Raes, Lowry, McGrath - it'll be them and the cockroaches still surviving after nuclear fallout, a Global pandemic is small fry to them.
    SDs/Lab - in a fight to create identities for themselves, better off merging. Down slightly both.

Greens, will lose seats next time around, their policies, will anger rural dwellers and workers, FG and FF will suffer a bit of that too.
    SF will be hard pressed in a lot of constituencies to consolidate their vote and make actual gains, but they will at least hold their current status.
    SDs should run more candidates nationally, I think they could pick up green votes and other disgruntled lefts.
    I can't see Labour improving their lot with AK at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

If Sinn Fein run more candidates next time there may not be all the excess votes that's transferred to the SDS, GP, PBP etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    If Sinn Fein run more candidates next time there may not be all the excess votes that's transferred to the SDS, GP, PBP etc

They will also have to learn things about vote management, dividing a constituency, having their online army understand how proportional representation works etc etc.

That's true but should be doable in some constituencies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looks like the aspirational wish list is already a non-runner
    Ireland’s economy could take up to 3½ years to return to the levels of activity seen before the coronavirus pandemic, the Oireachtas committee examining the State’s response to Coid-19 has heard.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/covid-19-economy-could-take-3-years-to-return-to-pre-crisis-levels-1.4280476

Hard to see where the money is going to come from if the expectation on the radio this morning was that the economy would be picking up much faster than thay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Anyone Income Tax Registered is anyone who has Income that has is not from PAYE of over €5,000 (i.e Landlords etc)

Maybe read the programme.....come back then.....poor old Pearse making a gobs**t of himself as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Looks like the aspirational wish list is already a non-runner

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/covid-19-economy-could-take-3-years-to-return-to-pre-crisis-levels-1.4280476

Hard to see where the money is going to come from if the expectation on the radio this morning was that the economy would be picking up much faster than thay.

Straight out of the pockets of middle income workers and anyone who ever tried to provide for themselves in old age or saved up a rainy day fund.

KrustyUCC wrote: »

SF will lose votes, can you really see people voting back in Violet Anne and her like?

I have said many times in my area a SF poltician got in, nobody knew who he was prior to election but got in on the revolt

He wasnt seen before the election and has yet to be seen anywhere. All the other politician have been active in the area and even the FG politician who got dumped out assisting. People have noticed that. Would he get back in? I would hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

jmayo wrote: »
    Can't stand FF or martin.
    Can't stand shinners as two face murdering bast***s still in charge.
    Can't stand eejits in Greens with heads up their organic ar**s.
    Can't stand Labour since the likes of Spring and Quinn left.
    Now can't stand FG with that virtue signalling media loving cretin in charge.
    And don't mention all those cretins in loony land PBP, etc.

Who the fook is left. :mad:

Everyone, to one degree or another, in your eyes:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SF will lose votes, can you really see people voting back in Violet Anne and her like?

I have said many times in my area a SF poltician got in, nobody knew who he was prior to election but got in on the revolt

He wasnt seen before the election and has yet to be seen anywhere. All the other politician have been active in the area and even the FG politician who got dumped out assisting. People have noticed that. Would he get back in? I would hope not.

Are you going to tell us who, so we can assess these claims ourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I assume that you have the same degree of contempt for the four Sinn Fein candidates who slithered their way into the Seanad without reaching the quota?

I refer to:

Failed MP McCallion from Derry;
    failed MEP Boylan from Dublin;
    Wolfe Tones lover Warfield from Dublin and someone called Paul Gavan from Limerick of whom the world knows very little.

Warfield is actually related the Wolfe tones isn’t he?

Are you going to tell us who, so we can assess these claims ourselves?

Don't worry Francie, I am sure you could pick any SF politician in Ireland and you would get a similar experience.

Unless of course you need to pay a TV license

Name him or stop bull****ting

I don't think she will

Violet Anne did herself no favours after the election

There is some opportunities though

They will def run a candidate in Cork North West next time

Mary Lou should have brought in a second candidate

Could be opportunity for a third in Louth

Name him or stop bull****ting

:p

Oh cursing is going to make me do it. You read the programme yet or still waiting for Pearse to read it incorrectly for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Coulda woulda shouda is no good now.
    Neither is name calling like Mehole Martin or Pathetic Pearce, just makes you look like you're not old enough to vote.
    We have what we have, let's just use it to get what's best for the country at all levels of society.

Oh cursing is going to make me do it. You read the programme yet or still waiting for Pearse to read it incorrectly for you?

Ive read it yeh, I can clearly see what it states. Are they or are they not getting a 3% tax cut, simeple yes or no will do?

FG TD in my area hasnt been seen since the election but all the other have. See I can throw silly ****e around a while

Don't worry Francie, I am sure you could pick any SF politician in Ireland and you would get a similar experience.

Unless of course you need to pay a TV license

Fairly typical...ignore decades of various abuses by various public reps across all parties to have a pop.
    And to top it all, no back up to your claim about local reps.

Fairly typical...ignore decades of various abuses by various public reps across all parties to have a pop.
    And to top it all, no back up to your claim about local reps.

Quick Francie, deflect deflect deflect

It was someone somewhere somehow sometime fault.....but it wasnt SF fault...

If all else fails....blame the unionists!!!

All too common at this stage :P

• Advertisement

Ive read it yeh, I can clearly see what it states. Are they or are they not getting a 3% tax cut, simeple yes or no will do?

FG TD in my area hasnt been seen since the election but all the other have. See I can throw silly ****e around a while

I very much doubt you have a FG TD in your area.

So post what is clearly says!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Why create a FF/FG/Greens thread if you want a platform to slag off SF?
    If the team you support is dependent on how much you hate another, you need a new team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Seems O'Cuiv is agin it. While I find him a dark and regressive figure he has a point. This official partnership may well damage FF. But that's okay.

Bowie wrote: »
    If the team you support is dependent on how much you hate another, you need a new team.

I would have expected the FF/FG/Green title would stop SF supporters as they have ruined every other thread. Unfortunealty that wasn't the case

You have plenty of other thread on SF? even one specifically about Mary Lou. But then again every thread on here ends up with the same lots posting the same rubbish over and over and OVER again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Seems O'Cuiv is agin it. While I find him a dark and regressive figure he has a point. This official partnership may well damage FF. But that's okay.

Wisers heads in FF can see the two alternative courses: try to cut a deal with SF or trigger a general election, would likely be more harmful to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I very much doubt you have a FG TD in your area.

So post what is clearly says!!!!

Username suggests Dundalk is his area.

Fergus O'Dowd isn't a FG TD?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

O'Cuiv is just clinging to the notion of the party his grandaddy built. For FF he's handy to give a nod for the Gaeltacht but not much else and has been objecting to society changing around him for quite some time. Very much a yesterday's man but he'll get some to coalesce around his position.

Wisers heads in FF can see the two alternative courses: try to cut a deal with SF or trigger a general election, would likely be more harmful to the party.

People talking about FF and FG joining.

One thing is for certain they will not be joining up with SF anytime soon. If this thing does fall apart then it will be back to another election which we could be having the exact same discussion in 12 months time.

Maybe this one was for sharing pics of topless Michael?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

McMurphy wrote: »
    Username suggests Dundalk is his area.

Fergus O'Dowd isn't a FG TD?
    Yeah, that would be the ex-FG, now independent TD Fitzpatrick. FG only have one seat now in Louth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement