Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hopefully.

FF need to be banished once and for all.

The fact they are even here is enough to ruin my year.

I would take RBB as Taoiseach if FF ended up on the scrap heap by the end of the year.

* washes mouth *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

FF are so entertaining though!! I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If you think that stresses me you'd be much mistaken.
    FF are a party ready for the scrap heap, this is no surprise to me, just surprised MM took so long.
    Will wait with baited breath for the Humphreys scandal.
    There were plenty of unhappy campers in the FF camp after the ministerial handouts.
    The story break and the Garda report leak have all the hallmarks of aan inside job to me.

Oh, you misunderstood me if you think I was under the impression you were "stressed" by Cowen getting the boot.

Just pointing out the irony in your posts yesterday morning, the apparent goading about Cowen going nowhere etc, and him toast a few hours afterwards. :D

Today's a new day, let's see what it unearths, let the dust settle on Barry before there's too much movement with Heather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Oh, you misunderstood me if you think I was under the impression you were "stressed" by Cowen getting the boot.

Just pointing out the irony in your posts yesterday morning, the apparent goading about Cowen going nowhere etc, and him toast a few hours afterwards. :D

Today's a new day, let's see what it unearths, let the dust settle on Barry before there's too much movement with Heather.

Ah OK, you misunderstood my post, I meant the story still going.
    I thought MM was giving him too much leeway by not explaining publicly myself and expected pressure from the other parties to bring about his end anyway.
    Rat in FF I reckon, or rats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Slow news day yesterday I see, Varadkar history lesson.
    Cowen still going.
    Nothing new on Heather, so let's dig up Leo's History courtesy of shinner brigade.
    Have a good day y'all, I hope something new and controversial comes up for you today.

How your day go?

• Advertisement

How your day go?

Good, I was busy.
    How about it, what's changed for you yesterday?
    Are you moving on to Heather now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Decision taken at last, should have been done at least a week ago.

Nothing personal against Mr Cowen, but this story was disrupting Govt business for way too long.

I said it before, every media outlet in the state is trying to dig up whatever ‘dirt’ they can find.

Govt. need to keep clean, so far a very bad start on that issue.

We are in the midst of the biggest threat to our state ever faced and we can’t allow folk with nothing but ‘pay everybody but those actually contributing everything they want’ policies to call the shots.

I said no ‘own goals’ no ‘gifts’.

I’m afraid, let down badly from day one there.

I feel there will be more.........ummmm

Another knife defending MM moved to the rear, a dangerous place to put your knives.

The ibrc mortgage crew are going after Roderick O Gormáin now, a petition up on Facebook to remove him as children's minister because of a photo. Hmmmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The ibrc mortgage crew are going after Roderick O Gormáin now, a petition up on Facebook to remove him as children's minister because of a photo. Hmmmm

He will be next to go yes. The days of nothing to see here are over

Deal with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Obviously a lot of ‘leaks’ springing up.

May go back under their slates for a while until the heat dies down.

Would expect the media, who have been ‘shoaling’ around any ‘sick and wounded animals’ might be quiet for a while while they feast on the latest ‘kill’.

Uhmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Obviously a lot of ‘leaks’ springing up.

May go back under their slates for a while until the heat dies down.

Would expect the media, who have been ‘shoaling’ around any ‘sick and wounded animals’ might be quiet for a while while they feast on the latest ‘kill’.

Uhmmm......

What is it you lot like to say? 'Senior hurling' and all that?

He will be next to go yes. The days of nothing to see here are over

Deal with it

For all dd I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The ibrc mortgage crew are going after Roderick O Gorm now, a petition up on Facebook to remove him as children's minister because of a photo. Hmmmm

Nah... he wont be going anywhere. The government knows that screaming about O'Gorman is coming from the far right motivated by hatemongering homophobia and dressed up as faux concern for child abuse by people who have never given a **** about child abuse before.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

When you're explaining ( or not explaining) you are losing. Time to go.
    Any chance they could get back to running the country now. I'm sick of drinking cans.
    If the pubs don't open soon I will end up in John of Gods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I would take RBB as Taoiseach if FF ended up on the scrap heap by the end of the year.

* washes mouth *

Wouldn't go that far. Its kinda unbelievable that having got out of jail and recaptured part at least of their core vote it all slid down the toilet almost immediately. Regardless of Cowen the alarm for me was the frantic careerist whining and jockying for favour when the Ministers were announced. 100% clear that no-one was there to serve the public. All about me me me. Cowen's old style Bertie/ Haughey spoofery and entitlement just an extra topping of venality.

An opportunity for redemption pissed up against the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Truthvader wrote: »
    Wouldn't go that far. Its kinda unbelievable that having got out of jail and recaptured part at least of their core vote it all slid down the toilet almost immediately. Regardless of Cowen the alarm for me was the frantic careerist whining and jockying for favour when the Ministers were announced. 100% clear that no-one was there to serve the public. All about me me me. Cowen's old style Bertie/ Haughey spoofery and entitlement just an extra topping of venality.

An opportunity for redemption pissed up against the wall

Well it's like the old story a young fella asks his father what do FF stand for?
    They stand for getting elected son.

They are a collection of small town hillbilly "businessmen" who hang their arm out the windows of their "commercial" jeeps think they are Donald Trump cos they run a crap pub or have a Londis leased motivated entirely by self interest. The Pat Shortt character Willie Power is a good reference point for them.

My prediction: Dara Calleary with get Agriculture + Lisa Chambers will be made super junior minister/chief whip.

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    My prediction: Dara Calleary with get Agriculture + Lisa Chambers will be made super junior minister/chief whip.

They'll try and keep the wesht in line by giving it to Calleary i'd say you're 100% on that one I bet all the ones who came out to publicly criticise Martin are kicking themselves now.

Scoundrel wrote: »
    They'll try and keep the wesht in line by giving it to Calleary i'd say you're 100% on that one I bet all the ones who came out to publicly criticise Martin are kicking themselves now.

I'd love to find out how FF feel about Thomas Byrne after the whole debacle. I'd say he's finished within the party and will be banished to the back benches in 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

So you expect Martin to go on his hols to Mayo then.

Fecking great agriculture has Calleary (without a backbone) and that other green loon Pippa horseface who also happens to be from Mayo, but is now representing Biffo land.

Actually she has had one of the luckiest rises to public office I have ever come across.
    Only 4 years ago joined green party upon recommendation of founder and neighbour.
    Was county coucillor for a while before being parachuted into seanad.
    Elected unopposed in nov 2019 to Seanad because someone else from Greens goes off to Europe.
    Reelected to seanad this year.
    Then picked out of seanad obscurity by party leader as super junior minister.

BTW her hubby was paracuted into her county council seat.

And the greens complain about the other parties and old fashioned politics. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Lisa Chambers didn't get elected. Has a gig sitting in the Seanaid till she tries to get back in again.

jmayo wrote: »
    So you expect Martin to go on his hols to Mayo then.

Fecking great agriculture has Calleary (without a backbone) and that other green loon Pippa horseface who also happens to be from Mayo, but is now representing Biffo land.

Actually she has had one of the luckiest rises to public office I have ever come across.
    Only 4 years ago joined green party upon recommendation of founder and neighbour.
    Was county coucillor for a while before being parachuted into seanad.
    Elected unopposed in nov 2019 to Seanad because someone else from Greens goes off to Europe.
    Reelected to seanad this year.
    Then picked out of seanad obscurity by party leader as super junior minister.

BTW her hubby was paracuted into her county council seat.

And the greens complain about the other parties and old fashioned politics. :rolleyes:

That's something right out of the Bertie/Biffo handbook alright

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Lisa Chambers didn't get elected. Has a gig sitting in the Seanaid till she tries to get back in again.

Yes but neither did Pippa Hackett and she got the call up from the Seanad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

McConnelogue not answering phone to Highland Radio this morning, would usually be available to comment on Love island, maybe getting Agriculture (hopeless)

Yes but neither did Pippa Hackett and she got the call up from the Seanad.

Since when did they make Senators junior ministers? Is that a new thing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Not too many winners in the new govt over the Cowen fiasco.

The Greens voted against getting Cowen to answer the myriad of questions. Leo hid behind the Garda report. Martin didn't seem to know what was going on.

Bad start for FFGG govt

Jack Chambers - Chief Whip...

Dear God are FF really that bereft of talent?? He makes Cyprian Brady seem dynamic.

• Advertisement

Can't stand him. A nasty aggressive whelp. He's got a horrible personality, regardless of party loyalties I can not fathom how anyone would vote for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement