Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Dear God are FF really that bereft of talent?? He makes Cyprian Brady seem dynamic.

Yes they are. This is the problem for FF they don't have many choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Can't stand him. A nasty aggressive whelp. He's got a horrible personality, regardless of party loyalties I can not fathom how anyone would vote for him.

I have met Chambers, a strange lack of personality. I don't like his politics, but while he could be a competent Minister or Junior Minister, the position of Chief Whip does seem strange for him.

Not too many winners in the new govt over the Cowen fiasco.

The Greens voted against getting Cowen to answer the myriad of questions. Leo hid behind the Garda report. Martin didn't seem to know what was going on.

Bad start for FFGG govt

I think the only way forward on this is to release the full Garda file on every TD. Then we would know what we voted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He's also minister of State for the Gaeltacht and Sport, jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Dear God are FF really that bereft of talent?? He makes Cyprian Brady seem dynamic.

Fantastic. That's top work. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nah... he wont be going anywhere. The government knows that screaming about O'Gorman is coming from the far right motivated by hatemongering homophobia and dressed up as faux concern for child abuse by people who have never given a **** about child abuse before.

You keep selling those apples, see if anyones buying it. :D

The ibrc mortgage crew are going after Roderick O Gormáin now, a petition up on Facebook to remove him as children's minister because of a photo. Hmmmm
    He will be next to go yes. The days of nothing to see here are over

Deal with it

Yes, the homophobic attacks on O'Gorman disguised as concern for the children will be ramped up on social media by the usual suspects.

A combination of right-wing idiots and Shinnerbots on Twitter will lead the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Just listening to the radio a few minutes ago. They dragged some local Fianna Fail Go Boy from Clara out of a hedge and had him droning on about how unfair it was to poor Barry and the huge respect for his family and sure what does it matter, huge anger in the area stabbed in the back etc etc. They just don't get it. They had another muck savage on before from Mayo delighted with himself and talking about bonfires. It was as if Mayo was different Country who had got one over on a neighbouring country.

I had thought that with the passage of time, the roasting in the previous election and the necessary coalition arrangement that there was some hope for them. Sadly I think now that most of them joined when Charlie/ Bertie and the crew were in control. "Them's the boyos for me" they said as they joined up with an eye to the main chance. All the signs are bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, the homophobic attacks on O'Gorman disguised as concern for the children will be ramped up on social media by the usual suspects.

A combination of right-wing idiots and Shinnerbots on Twitter will lead the charge.

O Gorman has questions to answer, screaming homophobia and hoping it goes away makes it all the more suspicious,
    Humphries has a lot more to answer for and I'd be thinking Gormans head may be spared until the schools go back if FF can have Heather's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Truthvader wrote: »
    They had another muck savage on before from Mayo delighted with himself and talking about bonfires. It was as if Mayo was different Country who had got one over on a neighbouring country.

I blame the GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

O Gorman has questions to answer, screaming homophobia and hoping it goes away makes it all the more suspicious,
    Humphries has a lot more to answer for and I'd be thinking Gormans head may be spared until the schools go back if FF can have Heather's

This is so stupid. What questions does he have to answer, may I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Lenihan getting a dig in on MM. Basically calling him a liar.
    Lenihan 'puzzled' Taoiseach unaware of Pulse record on Cowen
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0715/1153378-ireland-politics/

MM might be due a leadership challenge, luckily for him they've no starters. Might be a time for O'Cuiv to come down and put the party back 40 years, MIGA?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

MM has serious questions to answer.

He never gave 1 straight answer in the Cowen issue today, not 1. Lied through his teeth

LawBoy2018 wrote: »

Why he considered a photo OP with Tatchell was a good idea for a start,
    He comes across as very dim so that might be his defence ,

He's answered that. What other questions does he have to answer?

He doesn't come across dim to me. He studied at Trinity/London School of Economics. Lectured in DCU?

Where did you study/lecture?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Jack Chambers - Chief Whip...

When I see jack chambers I imagine father Ted and the imagination / reality lesson to Dougal.

He has some type of intelligence, but none of it remotely useful in the real world. He strokes me as the sort who should be in one of those mad, outlier parties, but not one of the historically at least, powerful parties.

I'm flabbergasted he gets voted in, even accounting for party loyalties. He offers nothing.

No fan of the lenihans, and never a FF supporter, but that's a serious drop in calibre of candidate in little over a decade.

That has been answered comprehensively.

He's answered that. What other questions does he have to answer?

He doesn't come across dim to me. He studied at Trinity/London School of Economics. Lectured in DCU?

Where did you study/lecture?

Socially dim, would struggle to buy a litre of milk, easily led, somewhat childish naivete , but you knew that already.

My post basically gives Tatchells adoring fan a pass but you deflect to save the box ticking exercise that is Heather Humphries, Gormans a nobody ,will vanish next election or possibly before, getting excited by such a dimwitted non entity while avoiding the main point is typical FG wagon circling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Socially dim, would struggle to buy a litre of milk, easily led, somewhat childish naivete , but you knew that already.

Clearly you're just making things up and have no idea of the man other than what you read in dumb social media posts.

You don't even know what party he belongs to or have an idea as to why it's nothing to do with FG.
    getting excited by such a dimwitted non entity while avoiding the main point is typical FG wagon circling

• Advertisement

That has been answered comprehensively.

Main point of the post was Heathers head to satisfy FF but it's being deflected to the vacant hipster who loves selfies with people who are best avoided, FF want a head, FG a pushing a defense of the whimsical understudy in the hope that it saves Heather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Main point of the post was Heathers head to satisfy FF but it's being deflected to the vacant hipster who loves selfies with people who are best avoided, FF want a head, FG a pushing a defense of the whimsical understudy in the hope that it saves Heather.

Anyone with the public interest in mind should be looking at Humphreys, FG included.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Clearly you're just making things up and have no idea of the man other than what you read in dumb social media posts.

You don't even know what party he belongs to or have an idea as to why it's nothing to do with FG.

He belongs to the Green party, he was elected for the first time last election, he's an acceptable casualty in exchange for Cowen, FF want Humphries, but will settle for the millennial Muppet.

Bowie wrote: »
    Anyone with the public interest in mind should be looking at Humphreys, FG included.

Latte boy will appease in the meantime.Heather ticks so many boxes for FG,

You are backing away from your criticism of O'Gorman through deflection to Humphreys.

He is far from a "vacant hipster", a likeable character actually.

Your head is fried, kid.

Must you repeat everything you say 50 times? It's quite draining.

You are backing away from your criticism of O'Gorman through deflection to Humphreys.

He is far from a "vacant hipster", a likeable character actually.

How you can be a member of the Green party and likeable is beyond me, only deflection came from you, Heather is in deep sh1t making it about some vacuous Green who no one would notice missing is quite funny,

Your head is fried, kid.

Humphries is the one whose goose is cooked, Terri must be stirring the cauldron herself back at spin central today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I think the auld turf is damp on this one B.

You are trying valiantly to start the fire, but she won’t ‘take’.

I’d think you are done on this unless you have a few canisters of washed out the back.

Horse has bolted dude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement