Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I think the auld turf is damp on this one B.

You are trying valiantly to start the fire, but she won’t ‘take’.

I’d think you are done on this unless you have a few canisters of washed out the back.

Horse has bolted dude.

Could you squeeze any more cringy metaphors in there?

The Heather Humphreys situation will become more prominent once more details emerge. One scandal at a time... Hopefully this will be the end of the Barry Cowen saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Could you squeeze any more cringy metaphors in there?

The Heather Humphreys situation will become more prominent once more details emerge. One scandal at a time... Hopefully this will be the end of the Barry Cowen saga.

Let’s sit back and wait and see, a chara.

The only more cringy metaphors I could squeeze in were stop flogging a dead horse.

Do a bit of positive work for the country ....for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

O Gorman has questions to answer, screaming homophobia and hoping it goes away makes it all the more suspicious,

OGorman has no questions to answer whatsoever. Hes not responsible for what someone wrote three decades ago and nor does him being in a photo endorse whatever someone else wrote. The only people saying he has questions to answer are far right trolls on Twitter who are trying to connect his sexuality with paedophilia. These people are the lowest of the low.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Dear God are FF really that bereft of talent?? He makes Cyprian Brady seem dynamic.

Now there is a blast from the past.
    Whatever happened to him.
    Nah don't bother answering, who care.
    Truthvader wrote: »
    Just listening to the radio a few minutes ago. They dragged some local Fianna Fail Go Boy from Clara out of a hedge and had him droning on about how unfair it was to poor Barry and the huge respect for his family and sure what does it matter, huge anger in the area stabbed in the back etc etc. They just don't get it. They had another muck savage on before from Mayo delighted with himself and talking about bonfires. It was as if Mayo was different Country who had got one over on a neighbouring country.

Different world son, Different world.

And PS, muck savages are from Meath according to a Kildare ex colleague.
    LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    He's answered that. What other questions does he have to answer?

He doesn't come across dim to me. He studied at Trinity/London School of Economics. Lectured in DCU?

Where did you study/lecture?

From my experience some of the greatest muppets when it comes to lack of basic common sense are working as lecturers in universities.
    And not just the eejits in the arts or soft sciences, but in the real tough shyte as well.
    I wouldn't let some of them mind a cat, never mind a government dept.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I’d think you are done on this unless you have a few canisters of washed out the back.

Horse has bolted dude.

Not so. This sleeveen fixer behaviour is not acceptable, particularly for a Minister of whom the very highest standards should be expected and demanded. Not OK and FG need to get their house in order. The role of a public representative is not to get stuff "squared" or "fixed" for pals or constituents.

If they don't cauterise this we are on the way back to "a cousin of mine works in the plannin' office etc etc

• Advertisement

Not so. This sleeveen fixer behaviour is not acceptable, particularly for a Minister of whom the very highest standards should be expected and demanded. Not OK and FG need to get their house in order. The role of a public representative is not to get stuff "squared" or "fixed" for pals or constituents.

If they don't cauterise this we are on the way back to "a cousin of mine works in the plannin' office etc etc

Have you any proof to back up those very loose accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

We never left that I am afraid to tell you.
    It is still who you know if you really want to get things done.

The problem we have always had and have even copper fastened over the last few decades is that when it comes to real spending in an area it is central government that controls it, not local councils.

A local councillor can try get some stuff done, but you would be better buttering up the county manager or whatever they are now called.

BTW if you are looking for standards never look towards politicians for a start.

And before you say anything about Ireland that goes for every fecking democracy on the planet.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Horse has bolted dude.

May the road gather no moss in the morning, shepards delight.
    You think Humphys passing that letter is not important or should be forgotten because it's not back in the news?
    It's about managing the country and the caliber of those doing it. She's my minister in my government and she's questions to answer.

Very obvious now that the Shinners are going after MM pretty hard.

Ignoring Mr Cowen but now concentrating on MM.

Jaysus.....

Now this churn Jim Daly has stepped in and will bollox up this interview.

This won’t end up well..........

Have you any proof to back up those very loose accusations.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/humphreys-did-not-interfere-in-dropped-animal-cruelty-case-1.4175681

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. FULL STOP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Muahahaha wrote: »
    OGorman has no questions to answer whatsoever. Hes not responsible for what someone wrote three decades ago and nor does him being in a photo endorse whatever someone else wrote. The only people saying he has questions to answer are far right trolls on Twitter who are trying to connect his sexuality with paedophilia. These people are the lowest of the low.

Don't care if he's giving or taking, think he should have stated his admiration of Tatchell and excused himself from children's ministry, it's a dirty big target on him and it will be thrown up at every occasion,

Jaysus.....

Conor Lenihan a Shinner? Japers Bren.
    It's becoming quite amusing watching the FG and FF inclined turn on each other and pronounce each other 'shinner'.

Bowie wrote: »
    May the road gather no moss in the morning, shepards delight.
    You think Humphys passing that letter is not important or should be forgotten because it's not back in the news?
    It's about managing the country and the caliber of those doing it. She's my minister in my government and she's questions to answer.

Mister B.... you need to dump or get off the pot.

You need to put up tenable credible proof , otherwise back off.

Anyone can flood the social media with vacuous accusations.

Produce the proof, dude.... it’s normal action.

Conor Lenihan a Shinner? Japers Bren.
    It's becoming quite amusing watching the FG and FF inclined turn on each other and pronounce each other 'shinner'.

I'd say poor Conor would be well capable of pulling a Chris Andrews if he thought there was something in it for him. Similar intellect 'n all

So she was given a letter regarding a criminal case. And using her position as a public representative, passed on that letter like a bicycle courier.
    “The Minister did as requested in her role as a public representative. She did not give any view on, or make any representations in support of, the correspondence.”

...and the case was dropped and the accused cites the letter being passed by her as the reason in his view.

This is usually the kind of 'I wasn't told' arsery we hear from the likes of Noonan or somebody.

Nothing to see here at all at all.

Mister B.... you need to dump or get off the pot.

You need to put up tenable credible proof , otherwise back off.

Anyone can flood the social media with vacuous accusations.

Produce the proof, dude.... it’s normal action.

She passed the letter Bren. That's the proof.
    We need know is she unfit for office because she's a bit of a gilly, passing a letter in a criminal case using her position, or did she know she was interfering. Either way she's not fit IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Weepsie wrote: »
    When I see jack chambers I imagine father Ted and the imagination / reality lesson to Dougal.

He has some type of intelligence, but none of it remotely useful in the real world. He strokes me as the sort who should be in one of those mad, outlier parties, but not one of the historically at least, powerful parties.

I'm flabbergasted he gets voted in, even accounting for party loyalties. He offers nothing.

No fan of the lenihans, and never a FF supporter, but that's a serious drop in calibre of candidate in little over a decade.
    Yep. Amazing that he kept his seat when far better media performers like Lisa Chambers list hers. Like you not an FF voter but this guy offers nothing but cynicism. He comes across with a serious chip on his shoulder. The Chief Whip? Is that not someone who needs to be able to cajole others and bring them round.

Been an awful start for FF and Martin after months and months of protracted discussion re programme for government and yet they seem totally unprepared for office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

You get the strong feeling that FFG are going to make it so easy for SF, SDs, Labour, Independents to ridicule them for the next few years.
    It will be difficult for FFG to run a tight ship knowing all the divisions and poor politicians within the 2 parties (soon hopefully 1 party).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Don't care if he's giving or taking, think he should have stated his admiration of Tatchell and excused himself from children's ministry, it's a dirty big target on him and it will be thrown up at every occasion,

No it wont be thrown up at OGorman on every occasion because the story is a complete nothing burger. The only people throwing it up are homophobes, John oConnor, Gemma oDoherty and the far right. Bigots and loons are the only ones saying that this is even a story.

Looks like Lenihan was telling porkies. It is not practice to do a criminal check/vetting of a ministerial appointee as per the Garda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

She's my minister in my government and she's questions to answer.

Good god, it's Gemma ó Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

The least important thing but I noticed Micheal Martin's Instagram doesn't even say he is taoiseach. If that was here in England it would have been updated within seconds, but then we are more style than substance over here.

It's Heather Humphreys. What are you talking about wearing face masks or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Jaysus.....

Cowen is now a nobody.

Do you not think MM had to clarify his abrupt change of heart yesterday? It was a bit weird non?

He's a wee bit dithery methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,556 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It's fairly simple. MM saw the Garda file yesterday morning. He asked Cowen to go into the Dail and address further outstanding issues. Cowen disagreed and wanted to go the legal route and MM asked him to reflect on that as he was now a Govn't Minister. They spoke later, Cowen hadn't budged so MM asked for his resignation. That wasn't forthcoming so MM sacked him.
    Have I got anything incorrect? What's mysterious about the sequence of events?

Some would consider MM allowing a Minister a second opportunity to correct the record was being too generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

If it was Sinn Fein he would have been suspended immediately, reinstated after six months and nominated for the Presidency

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Edgware wrote: »
    If it was Sinn Fein he would have been suspended immediately, reinstated after six months and nominated for the Presidency

You're putting in the hard yards tonight. HQ will reward you handsomely.

No it wont be thrown up at OGorman on every occasion because the story is a complete nothing burger. The only people throwing it up are homophobes, John oConnor, Gemma oDoherty and the far right. Bigots and loons are the only ones saying that this is even a story.

Painting everyone else as the extremist only shows you up as an extremist, the guy is forever tainted ,this is what he'll be known for and when Covid has passed and he's supposed to attend functions there's going to be events asking him not to come.
    Maybe he made a mistake but in the view of many he aligned himself with someone who condones paedophilia, you can't step away from that.
    All the spinning won't change the facts, Green party don't want the heat, guy is toast politically

The behaviour of letting carcasses rot where they fall is common with certain people, they won't make any more money from the animal and if it's not in the way there is no point in putting any effort or time getting rid it, could be talking about cows or politicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

What is it that they say that Roderic O'Gorman will do?

Is it to ensure legislation that under 16s may begin to transgender ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement