Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    Username suggests Dundalk is his area.

Fergus O'Dowd isn't a FG TD?

He is Drogheda, not Dundlak....doubt he bothers going that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

is_that_so wrote: »
    Yeah, that would be the ex-FG, now independent TD Fitzpatrick. FG only have one seat now in Louth.

Yeap, currently held by Fergus "disgruntled ex minister"* O'Dowd.

* At least that's how he was described by many commentators on here when he aired his thoughts on Irish Water being set up to be privatised.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

He is the Louth FG TD. Dundalk is in Louth last time I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

there's an agreement for a referendum on the right to housing, how would that work if passed? would everyone get a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Bowie wrote: »
    Seems O'Cuiv is agin it. While I find him a dark and regressive figure he has a point. This official partnership may well damage FF. But that's okay.

The next election we likely see FF/FG as one party.
    SF strategy right for SF but they are asking their voters to wait 5 years for change that they promised they deliver now.
    As they were saying before election "the country needs change"
    She forgot to add the change be after next election in 5 years...

• Advertisement

The next election we likely see FF/FG as one party.
    SF strategy right for SF but they are asking their voters to wait 5 years for change that they promised they deliver now.
    As they were saying before election "the country needs change"
    She forgot to add the change be after next election in 5 years...

Why would FF and FG join?

Who in FF or FG has ever made that indiciation>

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1272649547102240775?s=19

Read it and stop talking ****e as per! They are getting a 3% break. Its in black and white
    Plonker Pearse, least he wasnt out with his fake tan and top off in the middle of a park drinking with his mates in the middle of a pandemic like that prick was 2 weeks ago

It seems Plonker Pearse may be an apt name, given the contents of his tweet (though I don't like calling TDs names, no matter how idiotic he is).

This is the relevant extract:

"The 3% USC surcharge applied to self-employed
    income is unfair and proposals will be considered to
    ameliorate this over time as resources allow."

Which part of this does Pearse disagree with? Does he believe it is fair to charge self-employed an extra 3%? If he does believe it is fair, then why?
    If he doesn't believe it is fair, why is he against fixing it if resources allow? Obviously, if resources are needed for health or education, then they don't allow, but if the economy recovers, why is Pearse against removing inequalities?

It is a sign of the desperation of the Shinners that this is the big flaw that they can find in the document - an acknowledgement of unfairness, and a vague wish to do something about it if resources allow. Hardly a smoking gun, as some people seem to view it.

Sad really, the desperation, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

there's an agreement for a referendum on the right to housing, how would that work if passed? would everyone get a house?

Sort of, or they could sue for compensation if they didn't.

The compensation culture love enshrining rights into the Constitution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

My area is Louth.

Fergus O Dowd is a FG TD in my area.

Its a fact!

blanch152 wrote: »
    It seems Plonker Pearse may be an apt name, given the contents of his tweet (though I don't like calling TDs names, no matter how idiotic he is)

Which part of this does Pearse disagree with? Does he believe it is fair to charge self-employed an extra 3%? If he does believe it is fair, then why?
    If he doesn't believe it is fair, why is he against fixing it if resources allow? Obviously, if resources are needed for health or education, then they don't allow, but if the economy recovers, why is Pearse against removing inequalities?

It is a sign of the desperation of the Shinners that this is the big flaw that they can find in the document - an acknowledgement of unfairness, and a vague wish to do something about it if resources allow. Hardly a smoking gun, as some people seem to view it.

Stopped reading after the part in bold.

Dont like calling TDs names but Il do it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭feelings

Absolutely ridiculous and I hope it never sees the light of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

My area is Louth.

Fergus O Dowd is a FG TD in my area.

Its a fact!
    Well in name! Drogheda TDs tend not to stray up that way too often anyway!

is_that_so wrote: »
    Well in name! Drogheda TDs tend not to stray up that way too often anyway!

Stop talking ****e. The poster said he doubts I have a TD in my area. 15 mins up the road is my area (i.e LOUTH)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Why would FF and FG join?

Who in FF or FG has ever made that indiciation>

You're right there.

I think there might be some form of loose alliance between the two though. Or at the very least it will not be tenable for FF to go into the election again ruling out coalition with both FG and SF.

It seems Plonker Pearse may be an apt name, given the contents of his tweet (though I don't like calling TDs names, no matter how idiotic he is).

Poor old Pearse, making a fool of himself. What is worse is the supporters all cheering him on....gone is the day when people could actually read a document and make their own mind up

What is actually worse than all of this, poor old dundalkfc10 had my hopes up...here was me thinking my tax was going to go down.....just when he got my hopes up they got shot down!!! typical SF....never deliver

You're right there.

I think there might be some form of loose alliance between the two though. Or at the very least it will not be tenable for FF to go into the election again ruling out coalition with both FG and SF.

They wont join, simple as that

Either of them have a good run and the other doesn't and they will be back in the big numbers and off they go again.....

Stop talking ****e. The poster said he doubts I have a TD in my area. 15 mins up the road is my area (i.e LOUTH)

15 mins up the road and I am in another county, I wouldn't say the politician in that county is in my area,.....Ireland is small, you can go a long way in 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭mehico

You're right there.

A loose alliance of the type FF have with SDLP maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Brillaint put down from O'Broin.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1272887577759100931

The FG FF nexus has tried to convince the electorate that they are the only legitimate holders of power. They failed at that and have had to come up with a fairy tale PoG in one desperate last bid.

There you have it folks. Unless a TD is from the same town/village/boreen as yourself, they're not a TD in your area.

Everyday is a learning day on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The FG FF nexus has tried to convince the electorate that they are the only legitimate holders of power. They failed at that and have had to come up with a fairy tale PoG in one desperate last bid.
    Even though its SF and their supporters rambling on about this isn't what the people voted for??

Eh hello, democracy Eoin!!

Even though its SF and their supporters rambling on about this isn't what the people voted for??

Eh hello, democracy Eoin!!

If FF FG and Grs cannot get their fairy tale over the line, there is NO crisis. There is the democratic mandate for another election. Leo talking ****e again.

McMurphy wrote: »
    There you have it folks. Unless a TD is from the same town/village/boreen as yourself, they're not a TD in your area.

Everyday is a learning day on boards.ie.

Ahh it's good fun today isn't it!! You forgot the word Local McMurp....

In reality if you live in Dublin your local TD depends on the street you live on. It's a fantastic system isn't it.....:P

I suggest you do a bit of reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Central_(D%C3%A1il_constituency)

You will like that one, Mary Lou is TD for the area, she doesn't live in it mind you. Leo is her local TD :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

If FF FG and Grs cannot get their fairy tale over the line, there is NO crisis. There is the democratic mandate for another election. Leo talking ****e again.

Well Mary Lou said FF and FG back in government would be a crisis.

Its not a crisis Mary Lou, its called democracy.

And she just undermines and bellitles the 50% who voted for them as if they are thick and their vote shouldn't count.

Ah SF never fail to amuse with their hypocrisy statementds:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Salary: Approx €115k / year (self-employed contractor on an hourly rate).

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/money-diaries-9-5093168-May2020/

Sinn Fein hate people who work and are well paid.

Self-employed people take big risks. No guarantees or redundancy if they are let go.

Did the plonker forget we had an election in Feb?

Ahh it's good fun today isn't it!!

In reality if you live in Dublin your local TD depends on the street you live on. It's a fantastic system isn't it.....:P

I suggest you do a bit of reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Central_(D%C3%A1il_constituency)

You will like that one, Mary Lou is TD for the area, she doesn't live in it mind you. Leo is her local TD :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Shef, stop with the emoticons, if you did not know FG had a TD in Louth, and that Dundalk is an area of which that TD would canvas for votes, coupled with your brain fart that it was some kind of Shinner conspiracy that everyone (except you) knew the Ceann Comhairle automatically retained their seat, you are quite clearly the one that needs to be reading up on stuff - for days you showed a complete lack of this gumption on that one.

How can someone with so many posts in a politcal forum be so clueless on the most basic things is startling tbh. Startling.

Well Mary Lou said FF and FG back in government would be a crisis.

Its not a crisis Mary Lou, its called democracy.

And she just undermines and bellitles the 50% who voted for them as if they are thick and their vote shouldn't count.

Ah SF never fail to amuse with their hypocrisy statementds:)

No she didn't, she said it was many things...but it isn't a 'political crisis'.

If FG and FF fail there is NO crisis, there is the option that there always was, another election. I.E. Democracy.

leo is being called out on his manipulative exclusionary politics.

Did the plonker forget we had an election in Feb?

And we have the option of another one, if nobody can form a government. It is not a 'political crisis' therefore.

Basic day one politics class stuff.

• Advertisement

And we have the option of another one, if nobody can form a government. It is not a 'political crisis' therefore.

Basic day one politics class stuff.

Believe me I want another election.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement