Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Its only a few months since people dumped F.G. Are the rest so useless that people are running back to Leo and the lads already?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

There is no O'Gorman 'scandal'. Its not resonating with your average voter at all, thankfully and certainly wont be with the Greens support

I would agree the impact would be minor and won't impact him with those who voted for him, similar to Barry cowens indiscretion probably won't hurt him among his voters. I pointed it out as more 'it'll hurt them getting new votes'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Only the fools with nothing to lose will have anything to do with SF.

Insults aside that's how it played out. Or do you think loads of former FG voters marked SF or FF by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    Insults aside that's how it played out. Or do you think loads of former FG voters marked SF or FF by mistake?

Insults!

What insults are these?

Why do you keep referring to stuff that’s not there, Mr B.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Greens would've been pushing for the youth vote, usually luw paid weak contracts type workers, Ryan sleeping while these people's conditions were being discussed, probably not the image they were selling

• Advertisement

Not looking good for the Greens alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Ryan sleeping while these people's conditions were being discussed, probably not the image they were selling

You lads keep peddling the same lies.

The motion was discussed on Wednesday. The vote and only the vote occurred on the Thursday and that was when Eamon Ryan fell asleep.

Since you don't seem to be familiar with Dail business: he fell asleep during the 'roll call' vote which requires each of the 160 TDs to be called in turn and state their vote on the motion for the record. The TDs would have already decided their vote before the roll call.

Go ahead and lambaste him for falling asleep but at least get your facts right.

ronivek wrote: »

The motion was discussed on Wednesday. The vote and only the vote occurred on the Thursday and that was when Eamon Ryan fell asleep.

Since you don't seem to be familiar with Dail business: he fell asleep during the 'roll call' vote which requires each of the 160 TDs to be called in turn and state their vote on the motion for the record. The TDs would have already decided their vote before the roll call.

Easy there. I responded to your last claim.
    He was asleep while votes were being cast for kicking the livable wage and right to collective bargaining can down the road. The Axis claim they'll tend to ut during the lifetime of the government. They willin' their collective hole. You are just using spin to deflect Ryan fell asleep by trying to make it like he did it on the couch while Fair City was on.
    Disagreeing with your spin doesn't make anyone a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Easy there. I responded to your last claim.
    He was asleep wilhe votes were being cast for kicking the livable wage and right to collective bargaining can was kicked down the road. The Axis claim they'll tend to inmt during the lifetime if the government. They willin' there collective hole. You are just using spin ti deflect Ryan fell asleep by trying to make it like he did it in the couch while Fair City was on.
    Disagreeing with your spin doesn't make anyone a liar.

I'm not sure you understand what 'spin' means.

Fact #1: The debate on the Social Democrat's motion occurred on Wednesday.
    Fact #2: The Government laid an amendment to the Social Democrat's motion; also on Wednesday.
    Fact #3: The vote on passing the Government's amendment was held on Thursday during the weekly voting time.
    Fact #4: Eamon Ryan fell asleep at some point before or during the vote.

Do you disagree with any of those facts? Since that's all I stated in my post.

If you want to discuss the actual substance of the Social Democrat's Motion versus the Government's Amendment well that's another discussion.

Insults!

What insults are these?

Why do you keep referring to stuff that’s not there, Mr B.

Don't know why you bother posting things you later deny on comments you ignore a charra.

• Advertisement

Fact #2: The Government laid an amendment to the Social Democrat's motion; also on Wednesday.
    Fact #3: The vote on passing the Government's amendment was held on Thursday during the weekly voting time.

If you want to discuss the actual substance of the Social Democrat's Motion versus the Government's Amendment well that's another discussion.

You saying FF/FG/Greens will tackle the livable wage and collective bargaining at another time, that's spin.
    You trying to make it like Ryan fell asleep but nothing important was happening, more spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ah now, don’t be inviting a discussion on the facts.

Some posters have their own reality, let them at it.

I'll just leave this here a charra:

We still don't know how government could solve housing and health in a few months and what vested interests are stopping them?
    I doubt government know either dude.

What’s a “charra”?

I know I am often accused of being hostile to the Irish language but that isn’t Irish, English or even French.

blanch152 wrote: »
    What’s a “charra”?

I know I am often accused of being hostile to the Irish language but that isn’t Irish, English or even French.

It's a soellingverror.

That's your interest here?
    Ah now, don’t be inviting a discussion on the facts.

Some posters have their own reality, let them at it.

Covid fund. You. Today. Irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,264 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Its like they're out to alienate everyone who actually works or does anything except cycle to the dole office or college.

Its like they're out to alienate everyone who actually works or does anything except cycle to the dole office or college.

TBF Eamo was paid handsomely for his nap on a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

What’s a “charra”?

It very definitely is Irish.

Letters or emails in Irish usually open with A chara, or A (name), a chara if you know the recipient’s name and you are on first name terms.

It literally means my friend.

efanton wrote: »
    It very definitely is Irish.

Letters or emails in Irish usually open with A chara, or A (name), a chara if you know the recipient’s name and you are on first name terms.

It literally means my friend.

I know what “a chara” means, I wasn’t aware of “a charra”. However, it has been explained now as an error, so that’s fine.

I know what “a chara” means, I wasn’t aware of “a charra”. However, it has been explained now as an error, so that’s fine.

Did you own up to your earlier error regarding the Covid fund? Accused a few posters of not being up on the facts funnily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Stupidity of the highest order. But I expect this to be a prevalent theme while this government lasts ad the Greens are in government..

The amount of carbon that is going to save will be probably used up manufacturing new signs. Also surely that money could be spent on something better, that would have a bigger impact on our carbon emissions.

And what of the growing number of people driving electric vehicles?
    How much carbon is going to be saved by them reducing their speed by 10 kph?

The Green party were advocating a Universal Basic Income (UBI) in their manifesto. Yet they voted against a living wage which is a long way short of UBI.

Don't know why you bother posting things you later deny on comments you ignore a charra.

I respond to facts mr B, not incorrect extrapolations deliberately drawn from my posts.

You need to get a grip on that concept.

Because it won’t change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

The same fool has no problem claiming his €750 a month for travel expenses for walking a bike around Dublin, did he ever even learn how to cycle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Just bring this government down already.

I respond to facts mr B, not incorrect extrapolations deliberately drawn from my posts.

You need to get a grip on that concept.

Because it won’t change.
    Correct and right Mister B.

Fully agree anyone in govt should tackle the housing and health issues head on.

I have said numerous times it’s vested interests which are preventing this.

If the government had the courage to sort this out would the electorate support them.

Would they .....

You would have the Bullhorn Brigade on every picket line in the country.
    You would have every dude driving by beeping support... so you get what you pay for.

So Mr B .... gibberish it ain’t , common sense it is.

The Money Tree Merchants who want ‘somebody ‘ to pay, as long as it’s not them or their supporters have a lot to answer for.

If the electorate and taxpayer backed up the government these issues could be sorted in a few months.

Instead we allow ourselves to be ridden ragged by well heeled vested interest.

Our own fault, dude.

So what would government do to tackle housing and health in a few months?.
    Who are the vested interests controlling policy on health and housing?

So what would government do to tackle housing and health in a few months?.
    Who are the vested interests controlling policy on health and housing?

You seem to be a slow learner Mr B.......

I have explained it many times on these threads, but some people refuse to see it.

The poverty industry have a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Hee not fit to look after a goldfish let alone make decisions effecting thousands of people, he shouldn't have fallen asleep ,he should apologise and donate his weeks wage to a charity of someone else's choosing .

I have explained it many times on these threads, but some people refuse to see it.

The poverty industry have a lot to answer for.

That how some people try to operate unfortunately B.

Takes a firm hand on the tiller to ensure deflection is firmly rebutted.

• Advertisement

Your words. You choose not to back them up. No point talking to you so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement