Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,581 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    Your words. You choose not to back them up. No point talking to you so.

Don’t deal with deflection, Mr B.

Soz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    I have explained it many times on these threads, but some people refuse to see it.

The poverty industry have a lot to answer for.

For making government follow policies they'd rather not in housing and health? Can you elaborate on that? Who is making government follow their current housing policies and what would they do differently if able?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just bring this government down already.

And do what ???

Who would you have in???

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    And do what ???

Who would you have in???

Call him a shinner outta dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,975 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

For making government follow policies they'd rather not in housing and health? Can you elaborate on that? Who is making government follow their current housing policies and what would they do differently if able?

You are the one with all the answers. Everyone is wrong, except the nonsense from Sinn Fein, that has been shown up time and again.

The laughable thing is that you constantly criticise Denis O’Brien winning government contracts fair and square, but show no understanding of how EU procurement rules prevent your idealistic, but naive, housing policies from working,

• Advertisement

Call him a shinner outta dat.

You don’t have to respond to every post on boards. As I said before you can ignore some...

Especially when the post is quoting another person and asking them a question....

You have no problem ignoring questions on specific subjects....

You are the one with all the answers. Everyone is wrong, except the nonsense from Sinn Fein, that has been shown up time and again.

The laughable thing is that you constantly criticise Denis O’Brien winning government contracts fair and square, but show no understanding of how EU procurement rules prevent your idealistic, but naive, housing policies from working,

But but but SF said they could do it......

Hee not fit to look after a goldfish let alone make decisions effecting thousands of people, he shouldn't have fallen asleep ,he should apologise and donate his weeks wage to a charity of someone else's choosing .

Are you requesting all TD that don’t show up for votes to do the same? Is Mattie to also give up his wages?

False. Show your work.
    You keep claiming that but all I've ever seen is being critical and you ranting about Shergar or something.
    Never criticised Mr. O'Brien.

I see you dodged and deflected there Blanch.

You don’t have to respond to every post on boards. As I said before you can ignore some...

Especially when the post is quoting another person and asking them a question....

You have no problem ignoring questions on specific subjects....

We literally just had a discussion elsewhere were I asked a poster a question and you jumped in.

So in short, I answer every post and ignore some. Makes sense.

• Advertisement

We literally just had a discussion elsewhere were I asked a poster a question and you jumped in.

So in short, I answer every post and ignore some. Makes sense.

You do understand other people are allowed use boards and discuss topics?

My post was a direct question to another poster, no parties got mentioned, no reference to another thread. So why do you feel the need to respond?

Every conversation does not need to include your rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

if it moves stop it if it stops clamp it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

So what would government do to tackle housing and health in a few months?.
    Who are the vested interests controlling policy on health and housing?

Health vested interests = doctors and unions

Also local voters who won't accept the medically-correct decision to reconfigure services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Still no agreed EU bail out figure or form.

Ireland will be a net contributor to the fund. We will put in more than we receive overall.

A shambles

Geuze wrote: »

Also local voters who won't accept the medically-correct decision to reconfigure services.

Absolutely correct.

And will you see an opposition politician argue for the closing of a hospital to improve services overall? Better chance of an asteroid wiping us all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did you own up to your earlier error regarding the Covid fund? Accused a few posters of not being up on the facts funnily enough.

Yeah Im still waiting on blanchs response on that as well. He has clearly seen my reponse to it but has ignored it. He called out me, you, Bannsidhe and Richarl Hillman and said
    I am amazed at the number of regular posters who do not seem to know that Ireland has been a net contributor to the EU for a number of years.
    But then it turns out that he didnt know what he was talking about at all because it was the Covid bailout that was under discussion and Leo Varadkars own words show there was an expectation that we would get 3 billion from that fund. Now it looks like we are getting nothing.

Any comment on that blanch? Are you going to hold your hands up and admit that you were wrong with your post this morning calling the four of us out or are you going to double down on it?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im just "amazed" :rolleyes: that the whole EU summit earlier this week went completely whoosh over your head blanch. This is a Covid bailout so it is a brand new negotiation where nothing is set in stone till all member states agree. Its nothing to do with EU budget which Ireland has already agreed months ago that we would pay more into on account of the UK leaving meaning there will be a 75bn hole in the EU budget.

Varadkar on April 28th-

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/taoiseach-backs-financial-help-for-worst-hit-countries-ahead-of-summit-39150546.html

When it comes to worst hit countries Ireland definitely falls into that category, despite government cheerleaders thinking we did a great job on the virus. Greece did a great job, we did not. By any metric Ireland falls into the worst hit category along with Spain, Italy, France and the UK.

Varadkar on June 20th

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0619/1148353-eu-covid19/

So only four weeks ago Varadkar was pushing for 3bn out of the total 750bn EU Covid bailout fund. By population we would be getting 7.5bn but there is an acceptance as a richer country we take less. But there was no acceptance that we take a big fat 0 which now looks like what is happening.

So I hope you're "amazed" :rolleyes: now blanch to be set straight on what has been happening in these negotiations. In March 7.5bn was suggested, by June that was down to 3bn and now in July Michael Martin has come back from Brussels with a big fat zero billion and the cherry on top is him being ambiguous on us actually paying into the fund.

Wow, this is just so naive. We are a net contributor since 2013, who expected anything else? This idea that we are somehow special is rooted in some ancient nationalistic silliness.

We will still be getting 7.5 billion but that is gross, not net, and it may well be on the basis of the EU Central Bank buying the bonds which means it will be a lot cheaper, but nobody, except perhaps you, thought it was free money.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I wish I could say I am amazed at your selective quotes but if I did I would be lying.

Your first dig has been proven to be nothing more than a dig.
    Your second point is based on a thing I certainly never said nor do I recall anyone else saying so so that's just made up.

I did refer to Ireland baring the brunt of the bail out of European banks.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20219703.html

Anyone who states that Ireland was 'rich enough' to pay for 42% of the Europe bank bail out while Germany could only afford 1.5% is living in Celtic Tiger fantasyland.

We got screwed then - being concerned we are about to be screwed once more is a valid concern.

We didn’t get screwed, we paid the consequences of our own decisions.

FF guaranteed all of the banks, against the wishes of the EU, sending EU banks into crisis, however, other EU countries didn’t have Anglo of other crazy banks. We paid for our failures, because we created the crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

And do what ???

Who would you have in???

Maybe he's not a fan of the amateurish and malignant influence Fianna Fáil bring to the table?

Geuze wrote: »

So government health policies are created and controlled by doctors and unions? We need better government.
    Begs the question what would they do if they had the freedom to create their own policies?
    What about housing? Who's making FG chose 25 year leases and buying for social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wow, this is just so naive. We are a net contributor since 2013, who expected anything else? This idea that we are somehow special is rooted in some ancient nationalistic silliness.

ah as I thought you are doubling down when you were clearly wrong this morning. You tried to call out four posters saying that you were amazed that we didnt know Ireland is a net contributor. Not one of us ever said anything about that and were discussing the Covid bailout which you clearly didnt get. And if you're calling me naive then what does that make Leo Varadkar and Fine Gael who are on record as saying they expected 3 billion from the 750bn Covid bailout fund? I presume you are calling Leo and FG naive now too given they were talking about receiving funds?

In future blanch maybe before you hit the submit button perhaps review your post to make sure you know what you're talking about to avoid getting egg all over your face. Because even Leo wanted Ireland to secure funds from that bailout and now it turns out Martin has come back from Brussels empty handed. Put simply you were completely wrong with your call out of four posters this morning, you knew you were wrong after my response so you ignored it all evening until called out on it. And now even when given the opportunity to hold your hands up and admit your mistake you instead decide to double down. Thats sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

FG have done a great job with the split of cabinet posts. Health and Housing given to FF and best of luck getting anywhere with those. Give them the Department of Public Expenditure so they can implement the inevitable cuts which are on the way and while you're at it here's Education so you can sort out the leaving cert and getting everyone back to school and college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Is there any talks of mass protests yet? This government was 'elected' in a pre-Covid world, surely people are ranging left and right at everything that's happened (or hasn't happened) since? It'd be absurd to just sit back and allow clowns who clearly have no idea what they're doing to continue running things?

nc6000 wrote: »
    FG have done a great job with the split of cabinet posts. Health and Housing given to FF and best of luck getting anywhere with those. Give them the Department of Public Expenditure so they can implement the inevitable cuts which are on the way and while you're at it here's Education so you can sort out the leaving cert and getting everyone back to school and college.

FG definitely on the pig's back.

The_Brood wrote: »
    Is there any talks of mass protests yet? This government was 'elected' in a pre-Covid world, surely people are ranging left and right at everything that's happened (or hasn't happened) since? It'd be absurd to just sit back and allow clowns who clearly have no idea what they're doing to continue running things?

FG know. It's just what they are doing doesn't marry well with the public interest. I honestly think the Greens are more split than is known publicly. The younger branch seem to have more ethics so I'm somewhat hopefull. FF are like kids given the keys to the sweet shop. They are so dizzy with delight and stepping over each other trying to squeeze in the door.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ah as I thought you are doubling down when you were clearly wrong this morning. You tried to call out four posters saying that you were amazed that we didnt know Ireland is a net contributor. Not one of us ever said anything about that and were discussing the Covid bailout which you clearly didnt get. And if you're calling me naive then what does that make Leo Varadkar and Fine Gael who are on record as saying they expected 3 billion from the 750bn Covid bailout fund? I presume you are calling Leo and FG naive now too given they were talking about receiving funds?

In future blanch maybe before you hit the submit button perhaps review your post to make sure you know what you're talking about to avoid getting egg all over your face. Because even Leo wanted Ireland to secure funds from that bailout and now it turns out Martin has come back from Brussels empty handed. Put simply you were completely wrong with your call out of four posters this morning, you knew you were wrong after my response so you ignored it all evening until called out on it. And now even when given the opportunity to hold your hands up and admit your mistake you instead decide to double down. Thats sad really.

Which bit of we will get funds but not be a net recipient did you not get?

At worst, Varadkar is guilty of magic money tree economics beloved of SF and the rabble. At best, he failed to explain properly.

Either way, I don’t care, but I would bet on the latter, of course I am assuming you reported him accurately

Which bit of we will get funds but not be a net recipient did you not get?

At worst, Varadkar is guilty of magic money tree economics beloved of SF and the rabble. At best, he failed to explain properly.

Either way, I don’t care, but I would bet on the latter, of course I am assuming you reported him accurately

You made a mistake.
    You didn't even address anyones points because you thought you could get a few digs in. You should really just put your hand up and walk away. It's not the end of the world. Its not like that time I mixed up DCC with SDCC or spelled 'chara' incorrectly so chin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

You made a mistake.
    You didn't even address anyones points because you thought you could get a few digs in. You should really just put your hand up and walk away. It's not the end of the world. Its not like that time I mixed up DCC with SDCC or spelled 'chara' incorrectly so chin up.

This from the guy who knowingly lies repeatedly to reinforce his position.

Here's a scenario for you:
    • I receive 3 billion from a fund in year 1.
    • I receive 2 billion from a fund in year 2.
    • I pay 1 billion into a fund in year 3.
    • I pay 5 billion into a fund in year 4.
    • I pay 1 billion into a fund in year 5.

So my question to you is: am I a net contributor to the fund? Did I receive a payment of 3 billion from the fund? Do you see how those two things are not mutually exclusive?

You made a mistake.

Nope, I got nothing wrong.

Stick to your delusion that nobody realised we would be net contributors.

After all, we are a wealthy prosperous EU state after all, and have to play our part as good Europeans.

ronivek wrote: »
    This from the guy who knowingly lies repeatedly to reinforce his position.

Here's a scenario for you:
    • I receive 3 billion from a fund in year 1.
    • I receive 2 billion from a fund in year 2.
    • I pay 1 billion into a fund in year 3.
    • I pay 5 billion into a fund in year 4.
    • I pay 1 billion into a fund in year 5.

So my question to you is: am I a net contributor to the fund? Did I receive a payment of 3 billion from the fund? Do you see how those two things are not mutually exclusive?

List one lie.
    You are obviously too biased to be civil.

• Advertisement

Nope, I got nothing wrong.

Stick to your delusion that nobody realised we would be net contributors.

After all, we are a wealthy prosperous EU state after all, and have to play our part as good Europeans.

So we've been paying into the Covid fund all along? How many years now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement