Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Keeping a cool head as ever Shef. Consistency in a world gone mad.

Root out any shinnerbots from under your bed this morning? I hear they're hiding in drainpipes these days, spreading vile anti-government falsities on stolen wifi from their pay-as-you-go phones.

Anyway, I'm off to water the magic money tree. Nothing for free in this life as you say yourself. Good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    No

But continue to rant and rave like a lunatic

projection
    /prəˈdʒɛkʃ(ə)n/

noun

- the unconscious transfer of one's desires or emotions to another person.
    "we protect the self by a number of defence mechanisms, including repression and projection"

---

You're a bit ranty and aggressive this morning there Shef. Wanna talk about it? I would have thought you would have been all sweetness and light seeing as Mícheál did such a great job in Brussels over the weekend.

No

Anyway, back to my question; what do you think the solution to the housing crisis is if you don't think the status quo is working?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,581 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Well done to FF and MM ok the negotiations. It makes sure Ireland has some light at end of tunnel

It will be interesting to see what rubbish SF come up with to say this is bad....where is a shinnerbot when you need one

Don’t worry Mr S, they will ignore this hard work and quickly move on to anything more they can dig up.

But only if in their opinion it’s a negative event.

They couldn’t hang poor Rodders or poor Heather so that explains the tension in the steam rooms over the last few days.

They tried to obfuscate on the foreign travel regs too but the boy Byrne in one sentence “ If your foreign travel is not essential, don’t travel” put that to bed.

They wanted to dance on the head of a pin for a few weeks on that one.

Lot of anger out there, the little rodents with the fat cheeks will be beefed up for the next round.

Will make the ‘Big Dig ‘ over in Boston seem like a bucket and spade event.

Haven’t gone away, you know:cool:

When did I say the sacking of Cowen was "abhorrent"?

Is this the Cowen thread? no 100% sure it isn't.

I'm 100% sure it's not a Sinn Féin thread either and yet it doesn't stop you shoehorning them in everywhere.

Just for clarification, you agreed with Cowen's sacking?

I ask in this thread because I was certain you weren't, and your reaction to that coupled with your disappearing act in the subsequent days would have led me to believe you didn't agree with your gracious leader's decision, thus I found your sycophantic post earlier this morning about his fortitude in negotiating with the EU26 a bit jarring.

I know it's difficult sometimes for you to thread the needle between multiple subjects and their connections sometimes. Unless they involve Sinn Féin that is. I thought I'd help you out here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Anyway, back to my question; what do you think the solution to the housing crisis is if you don't think the status quo is working?

Roll up roll up, free housing for all is but a vote away, tiochaidh ar lá, soup available at a reduced rate also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I'm 100% sure it's not a Sinn Féin thread either and yet it doesn't stop you shoehorning them in everywhere.

Just for clarification, you agreed with Cowen's sacking?

Ranting

I ask in this thread because I was certain you weren't, and your reaction to that coupled with your disappearing act in the subsequent days

So your complaining because I am not on boards 24 x 7 like the rest of you? Sorry but I have family/friends/work and a life.

I know it's difficult sometimes for you to thread the needle between multiple subjects and their connections sometimes. Unless they involve Sinn Féin that is. I thought I'd help you out here.

Raving

Ranting

So your complaining because I am not on boards 24 x 7 like the rest of you? Sorry but I have family/friends/work and a life.

Raving

So as always, you've nothing to say?

Classic Shef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Don’t worry Mr S, they will ignore this hard work and quickly move on to anything more they can dig up.

But only if in their opinion it’s a negative event.

They couldn’t hang poor Rodders or poor Heather so that explains the tension in the steam rooms over the last few days.

They tried to obfuscate on the foreign travel regs too but the boy Byrne in one sentence “ If your foreign travel is not essential, don’t travel” put that to bed.

They wanted to dance on the head of a pin for a few weeks on that one.

Lot of anger out there, the little rodents with the fat cheeks will be beefed up for the next round.

Will make the ‘Big Dig ‘ over in Boston seem like a bucket and spade event.

Haven’t gone away, you know:cool:

Oh I know.....100% expect the deflection mode in full power today

Oh I know.....100% expect the deflection mode in full power today

There's that projection again Shef. You'd want to be careful. You might say something of substance some day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Ranting

Raving

Mod: You are in every sense of the word adding nothing to the thread. Take 48 hours off to reconsider your posting style. But if it continues, next time is a permanent threadban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The EU Covid recovery deal, does Ireland get anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

we get to pay a load more tax and we likely get a paltry sum of money which will be taken by aer Lingus, the LVA, VFI , some government talking shops, the hoteliers and they'll probably give those on the dole something.

The average worker or small business owner won't see a tap of it until the gap between gross and net pay grows on the p60.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

When did I say the sacking of Cowen was "abhorrent"?

Is this the Cowen thread? no 100% sure it isn't.

Threads about FF in govt, is Cowen a member of the FF party?

I'm pretty sure he is.

Edit didn't see Mike's 48hr ban up above.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,026 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There is no housing crisis.

There's a "I want a free house next to mummy" crisis.

The “Apple money” was never Ireland’s, we would have got next to nothing from it. You do realise thst

This is an important point to note. The 13bn was to be redistributed and Ireland would have gotten a portion.

People (mostly on the left/dole) complain about the 13bn, yet fail to realise that each year 20bn (the DSP budget) goes to support their lifestyle choice

ELM327 wrote: »
    This is an important point to note. The 13bn was to be redistributed and Ireland would have gotten a portion.

People (mostly on the left/dole) complain about the 13bn, yet fail to realise that each year 20bn (the DSP budget) goes to support their lifestyle choice

Welfare budget for dole is 3 billion , the rest covers pensions, child benefit, sick pay , if you are going to knock something at least get your facts first.

Welfare budget for dole is 3 billion , the rest covers pensions, child benefit, sick pay , if you are going to knock something at least get your facts first.

Everyone is on the dole and is demanding a free house. Magic money tree. Margret Cash. Looney-left.

*maybe blanch will like this post, fingers crossed. It's right up his street*

You have 20bn DSP budget.,
    8bn goes to pensions, the rest (~12bn) goes to HAP, Dole, etc. "Sick" pay is another issue.

There is no housing crisis.

There's a "I want a free house next to mummy" crisis.

Is there?

• Advertisement

You have 20bn DSP budget.,
    8bn goes to pensions, the rest (~12bn) goes to HAP, Dole, etc. "Sick" pay is another issue.

So why did you claim 20 billion went on dole?

So why did you claim 20 billion went on dole?
    Please point to where I did?
    I posted "DSP Budget of 20bn to support their lifestyle choice".
    Which is true. Hap, dole, childrens allowance.

Is there?
    Do some research into rejected offers of free housing.

Children are a lifestyle choice apparently. Go figure.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that ELM is a buy-to-let landlord with anger issues.

He's displaying all the symptoms.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Children are a lifestyle choice apparently. Go figure.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that ELM is a buy-to-let landlord with anger issues.

He's displaying all the symptoms.

Children when you cannot support them with gainful employment are indeed a lifestyle choice.

No reply needed to the rest of your baiting crap.

Children when you cannot support them with gainful employment are indeed a lifestyle choice.

No reply needed to the rest of your baiting crap.

God help your poor lifestyle choices. Hope they don't have the same hangups as their pops when they grow up.

Do some research into rejected offers of free housing.

Why?

What will that research yield?

It should be noted, I have extensive experience working in and with social housing so I don't really need some "right-winger" telling me to "do some research".

Will it prove that everyone over-paying for housing is in the interests of the whole citizenry?

The free-market is the solution? Right? Would you have been against the building of houses by the State in the 30s/40s onward?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

No. We owe them money.

The EU played the trick that FG played on Martin for years when it was budget time. Proposed a load of imaginary cuts to services, Martin disagrees and stops the cuts, thus leaving the negotiations thinking he has gained something.

He went to the EU. The EU talked the big one about the Brexit relief fund. Martin probably tried to negotiate keeping it, the EU agree, ok we'll keep it. Martin leaves thinking he has won something, even though it was a fund already promised.

All in all, we are net contributors to the fund to bail out the Mediterranean tourist industry. I'm reading unverified reports on twitter that we owe the 16bn. That may not be the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Roll up roll up, free housing for all is but a vote away, tiochaidh ar lá, soup available at a reduced rate also.

No more than we have been.

It's a choice to continue paying for 25 year leases, buying houses, renting hotels to use as social housing.as we currently do.
    Or
    Building social and affordable housing to rent or sell.
    You know this though right?

How is paying for 25 year leased D4 or whatever apartments less 'free' than state owned rentals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

we get to pay a load more tax and we likely get a paltry sum of money which will be taken by aer Lingus, the LVA, VFI , some government talking shops, the hoteliers and they'll probably give those on the dole something.

The average worker or small business owner won't see a tap of it until the gap between gross and net pay grows on the p60.

Would love to see low paid workers, frontline staff and small businesses get a dig out but I expect some bull**** quango or other in the next 12 months should the government last.
    My money is on a kind of Covid NAMA type thing. Get in a private company to oversee who gets what etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement