Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I would have expected the FF/FG/Green title would stop SF supporters as they have ruined every other thread. Unfortunealty that wasn't the case

You have plenty of other thread on SF? even one specifically about Mary Lou. But then again every thread on here ends up with the same lots posting the same rubbish over and over and OVER again

Great. Kinda my point. Try taking your own advice maybe?
    Every post of yours in your own thread on FF/FG/Greens is about SF in some manner.
    People talking about FF and FG joining.

One thing is for certain they will not be joining up with SF anytime soon. If this thing does fall apart then it will be back to another election which we could be having the exact same discussion in 12 months time.

Glad we're on the same page :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

And we have the option of another one, if nobody can form a government. It is not a 'political crisis' therefore.

Basic day one politics class stuff.

Standard stupidity from SF, they had a good election, ran and hid for months. Now they are all mouth and shouting about another election

Where the f**k was Pearse and Eoin and the rest of the gang for Feb/Mar/April??

No substance to any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I would have expected the FF/FG/Green title would stop SF supporters as they have ruined every other thread. Unfortunealty that wasn't the case

This.

The same half dozen posters constantly whinging and complaining for years about the government, FG and all that, are now here... whinging and complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Standard stupidity from SF, they had a good election, ran and hid for months. Now they are all mouth and shouting about another election

Unreal you're complaining about people posting about SF on a government thread yet you are practically hysterical posting numerous times about them in the same thread

McMurphy wrote: »
    Shef, stop with the emoticons, if you did not know FG had a TD in Louth, and that Dundalk is an area of which that TD would canvas for votes, coupled with your brain fart that it was some kind of Shinner conspiracy that everyone (except you) knew the Ceann Comhairle automatically retained their seat, you are quite clearly the one that needs to be reading up on stuff - for days you showed a complete lack of this gumption on that one.

How can someone with so many posts in a politcal forum be so clueless on the most basic things is startling tbh. Startling.

As standard McMurp you come in and its all bully boy posting. Insult after insult after insult.

Maybe grow up, nobody is impressed with a little keyboard warrior act.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

It wasn't up to them. They take orders from the army council.

Obviously they got orders to do nothing. They didn't even talk to PBP

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Unreal you're complaining about people posting about SF on a government thread yet you are practically hysterical posting numerous times about them in the same thread

As I say it's sad. When the only support you can show your team is by attacking another, you need a new team. Maybe one can stand on it's own merits. It must be tiresome constantly doing damage control.

It's a very interesting time. Exciting if you support FF/FG/Greens. I'd be more interested, on a FF/FG/Green thread no less, in discussing who's for the chop, who's getting what job etc.
    It's the last Hurrah for Martin and Varadkar for certain and likely one or more of Harris, Murphy, Charlie Tan-again and Donohoe are gone.
    There's nothing the Irish public will enjoy more than after several months of MM to have Varadkar raise his empty head to take to top seat. That'll go down well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The 'army council' that wants to take over the country allegedly, told them to not attempt to take over the country?

Anymore fairytales? :D:D

Will there be a 'political crisis' Shef if these talks fail? Or will we simply take the 'democratic' option and have another election?

Leo has once again been found out trying to manipulate the emotive and simple FF, FG and Green memberships.

It has bombed spectacularly for him again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

15 mins up the road and I am in another county, I wouldn't say the politician in that county is in my area,.....Ireland is small, you can go a long way in 15 mins

Hes a TD in Louth. Its not to hard to understand unless your stupid

He is a TD in my area

Loads of people would have no TDs within 15mins of them all over Ireland. Are them places just not represented or you only use the ****e your talking when trying to make a point (which is wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Warfield is actually related the Wolfe tones isn’t he?

Yep. A cousin of Brian (official Wolfe Tones) and Derek (provisional Wolfe Tones).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Bowie wrote: »
    As I say it's sad. When the only support you can show your team is by attacking another, you need a new team. Maybe one can stand on it's own merits. It must be tiresome constantly doing damage control.

It's a very interesting time. Exciting if you support FF/FG/Greens. I'd be more interested, on a FF/FG/Green thread no less, in discussing who's for the chop, who's getting what job etc.
    It's the last Hurrah for Martin and Varadkar for certain and likely one or more of Harris, Murphy, Charlie Tan-again and Donohoe are gone.
    There's nothing the Irish public will enjoy more than after several months of MM to have Varadkar raise his empty head to take to top seat. That'll go down well ;)

Indeed but in fairness if I were an FF supporter i'd have no option but to attack the shinners have you seen the state of their front bench?? The fact that the freak Jack Chambers is in line for a ministerial position shows the complete lack of talent in FF. I despise Fg's politics and everything they stand for but I can recognise there are some intelligent and articulate people in their PP and in ministerial positions but FF are chronic.

Do they? Any proof of this

Thought not

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Indeed but in fairness if I were an FF supporter i'd have no option but to attack the shinners have you seen the state of their front bench?? The fact that the freak Jack Chambers is in line for a ministerial position shows the complete lack of talent in FF. I despise Fg's politics and everything they stand for but I can recognise there are some intelligent and articulate people in their PP and in ministerial positions but FF are chronic.
    Is that real or rumour? Junior if they were really desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Retreated back to the army council, waiting for a time they could hurl from the ditches again. It's now been confirmed to them, unless they get close to 50% of the vote, they will never be in government

ELM327 wrote: »
    Retreated back to the army council, waiting for a time they could hurl from the ditches again. It's now been confirmed to them, unless they get close to 50% of the vote, they will never be in government

Have you proof of this?

Will there be a 'political crisis' Shef if these talks fail? Or will we simply take the 'democratic' option and have another election?

Leo has once again been found out trying to manipulate the emotive and simple FF, FG and Green memberships.

It has bombed spectacularly for him again.

What would you describe having a election and no parties been able to form a government.....I would say it is a political crisis.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Brillaint put down from O'Broin.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1272887577759100931

The FG FF nexus has tried to convince the electorate that they are the only legitimate holders of power. They failed at that and have had to come up with a fairy tale PoG in one desperate last bid.

You realise another election is pretty much Varadkar's dream at this point right?

AdamD wrote: »
    You realise another election is pretty much Varadkar's dream at this point right?

That depends on how well SF do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Everyone in FG (myself included) want another election, but we can't be seen as the ones trying to make it happen. We need FF/Greens to cause it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Everyone in FG (myself included) want another election, but we can't be seen as the ones trying to make it happen. We need FF/Greens to cause it.

Amazing how none of the media are highlighting the disgrace of the nursing home deaths overseen by FG, or maybe no one cares... you would think on a civilian society something like this would matter.

Amazing how none of the media are highlighting the disgrace of the nursing home deaths overseen by FG, or maybe no one cares... you would think on a civilian society something like this would matter.
    It's so much more complicated than that but HIQA oversee private homes and the HSE public ones and are really much better targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sort of, or they could sue for compensation if they didn't.

The compensation culture love enshrining rights into the Constitution.

Oh I dunno. I can't say I'd mind.

I stupidly didn't take the 100%+ mortgage for zero deposit upfront in the "Good Times" as I was working in a callcentre and worried about "What if" I couldn't afford it in the future (little did I know I could just refuse to pay or pay a minimal amount and keep the house anyway!)

Since then I've been stuck renting as I'm single and pay for everything myself. No parents to leave me an inheritance. No mammy to move back in with while I save.

I live in a 4 row terrace and pay market rent. The house on the other end has recently been occupied by a social housing tenant (because part of the other issue is the council's are buying up any houses for that purpose - with taxpayer money I might add!). I can already tell that the place won't be kept anywhere near as well as the previous private owners.

But because I'm on a "high wage" I don't qualify for affordable housing or assistance of any kind, so I'm all for a "right to a house" to be honest because one way or another I've probably paid for it anyway over the last decade or so.

Which has what to do with anything?

They'll just do the same old bull****ting come another election...'we are the chosen people, do not vote for anybody else, if we cant get elected then it's a 'political crisis', the barbarians are at the gate...blah blah blah :D

I think you need to look into that a little bit more. Some lad sending off an email and then sitting back saying "job done" is a disgrace. Then when anything happens points the finger

FG didnt cover themselves in glory but a few people in these homes need to be fired on the spot

I'd hopes for Coveney. I'd like to see him replace Varadkar who's entire career relates to all mouth and no trousers. FF are bad eggs. They only prosper on FG failings. It's a poor serving for a country that deserves better. We are once again stuck in a rut. FF did a poor job of their patented 'We've changed, cleaned house' routine this time out. SF were lucky no other party had much traction. Had Labour not dirtied their bib so recently I think they would have done as well.

I think you need to look into that a little bit more. Some lad sending off an email and then sitting back saying "job done" is a disgrace. Then when anything happens points the finger

FG didnt cover themselves in glory but a few people in these homes need to be fired on the spot
    And a good few closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

There are many nursing homes where no deaths occurred. What did management do there that was not done elsewhere and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yeah nobody in the media is talking about that at all
    Ireland has one of the highest rates of Covid-19 deaths in care homes in world
    Mortality census finds big rise in care home deaths

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »
    There are many nursing homes where no deaths occurred. What did management do there that was not done elsewhere and why?

From what I heard, which of course could be untrue, that because the management got no email from HSE they just went about their business as normal.

This included putting on gloves but not swapping from one patient to another which of course spread the virus like wildfire.

Now to be honest I seen people who went into the shops with plastic gloves and when finished threw them in the bin and this was before the lock down. Not trained medical professionals, just people doing shopping. How can people who are looking after the eldery not be aware of disease transfer?

It wasn't as if people got warning? it was all over news for months prior to hitting ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement