Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Bowie wrote: »
    The Minister for Transport and Tourism Tánaiste was speaking out of school on Green listed countries the other day, now today we've The Minister for Education Tánaiste speaking on schools....

Do we have a Minister for health?

Yeah Leo is back to his old tricks. He should bear in mind currently second fiddle in a fragile coalition, not jostling for position waiting for Enda to pick up his pension.

His hubris could get the better of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

now today we've The Minister for Education Tánaiste speaking on schools....

That was during leaders questions according to your link. Presume Martin was away and Leo took the questions? Standard procedure unless I'm missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Floppybits

All is not well in the government poor Fergus O'Dowd lost the vote to become leas ceann Comhairle to independent TD Catherine Connolly.

Some of the government TD's were not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    That was during leaders questions according to your link. Presume Martin was away and Leo took the questions? Standard procedure unless I'm missing something.

I read the article I posted.
    The forum used doesn't change the habit he has of coming across as giving his opinion like he's not a junior partner in a coalition. Was poor enough when he was at it in his Ministerial days. There's no 'Leo' in team it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,084 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Floppybits wrote: »
    All is not well in the government poor Fergus O'Dowd lost the vote to become leas ceann Comhairle to independent TD Catherine Connolly.

Well presumably some government TDs in the Green Party, FF, FG didnt vote for him then because the government have a majority of TD between them but it's a secret ballot so we probably won't know who didn't vote.

• Advertisement

I read the article I posted.
    The forum used doesn't change the habit he has of coming across as giving his opinion like he's not a junior partner in a coalition. Was poor enough when he was at it in his Ministerial days. There's no 'Leo' in team it seems.

From my understanding, he was literally required to speak on this topic today. Dont see how that is worthy of a dig, given that he did his job.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Yeah Leo is back to his old tricks. He should bear in mind currently second fiddle in a fragile coalition, not jostling for position waiting for Enda to pick up his pension.

His hubris could get the better of him.

Oh, Dear. Still a bit sore to see a Government formed? Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well presumably some government TDs in the Green Party, FF, FG didnt vote for him then because the government have a majority of TD between them but it's a secret ballot so we probably won't know who didn't vote.

It will just add to the already disfunction in the government FG will look at FF wondering who didn't vote for the agreed candidate. It is not a good sign for this government.

From my understanding, he was literally required to speak on this topic today. Dont see how that is worthy of a dig, given that he did his job.

On the contrary for a story you view as incidental and a party you don't support you are making some effort to dismiss my opinion on it.

You realise he could have said, 'We hope to have schools open in August, but we still need to look at..etc.' or 'I would like to see schools open in August but we need to etc..'

"There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to return to schools opening at the end of August ... but it won't be the same." will make MM look like a bit of a fool if he has to come out and say they won't be opening then. Not the biggest of deals just Leo talking out of school again.

On the contrary for a story you view as incidental and a party you don't support you are making some effort to dismiss my opinion on it.

Why this rubbish again of trying to pigeon hole me to dismiss what I am saying? You previouly called me a shill in case you forgot.

I support FG as best of a bad lot as I have said before. And speaking of my "effort", I have posted two short posts which pointed out that LV was well within his rights (actually required) to comment on schools reopening.

How you arrived at your opinion is flawed, given that you were suggesting that it should only be the minister for Education speaking on the topic.

• Advertisement

Oh, Dear. Still a bit sore to see a Government formed? Onwards and upwards.

? Not sure what you're driving at with this one but I'm sure you thought it was a zinger before you hit submit reply

Floppybits wrote: »

The O'Dowd brothers are an interesting bunch. His brother Niall tapped up Sinn Féin for a possible presedential run in 2011 and the other brother (as he will forever be known) ran for Renua. Covering all the spectrum there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,557 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Good to see Catherine Connolly get the post. The position is by custom held by an opposition TD. Some probably felt that such custom and practice should be adhered to. People might be surprised who voted for her.
    She's an excellent TD and always makes a positive contribution.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/independent-td-catherine-connolly-becomes-dails-first-female-leas-cheann-comhairle-1012119.html

Why this rubbish again of trying to pigeon hole me to dismiss what I am saying? You previouly called me a shill in case you forgot.

I support FG as best of a bad lot as I have said before. And speaking of my "effort", I have posted two short posts which pointed out that LV was well within his rights (actually required) to comment on schools reopening.

How you arrived at your opinion is flawed, given that you were suggesting that it should only be the minister for Education speaking on the topic.

Not at all. I'm trying to see your reasoning. You don't find it noteworthy. Cool
    Not every comment needs to be Martin Luther nailing his thesis for all of boards to take heed.

I was trying to understand your interest in showing your disinterest.

Do you find yourself jumping in on many topics you don't find interesting to tell people you don't find them interesting?

My opinion is based on Leo's previous form. This being an albeit minor most recent example.

Water John wrote: »
    Good to see Catherine Connolly get the post. The position is by custom held by an opposition TD. Some probably felt that such custom and practice should be adhered to. People might be surprised who voted for her.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/independent-td-catherine-connolly-becomes-dails-first-female-leas-cheann-comhairle-1012119.html

Last chap was FF, hardly opposition.
    Good for her, see how she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The O'Dowd brothers are an interesting bunch. His brother Niall tapped up Sinn Féin for a possible presedential run in 2011 and the other brother (as he will forever be known) ran for Renua. Covering all the spectrum there.

Have suit will travel

? Not sure what you're driving at with this one but I'm sure you thought it was a zinger before you hit submit reply

Think someone has introduced the FG frap room to diffing, they've been practising in some old diff welded Merc around Terri's tower, sideways and backwards into the whins has been the result but being in full spin this translated as onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 21,557 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Are those O'Dowds related now to the O'Dowds over in Ballinamuck?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,084 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The times I've seen Catherine Connolly speak in the dail she's always added to whatever debate is happening and I found her very good.

"Stickies" is taken, so we could call them the "Carrot-ies"

Twigs?

• Advertisement

Not at all. I'm trying to see your reasoning. You don't find it noteworthy. Cool
    Not every comment needs to be Martin Luther nailing his thesis for all of boards to take heed.

I was trying to understand your interest in showing your disinterest.

Do you find yourself jumping in on many topics you don't find interesting to tell people you don't find them interesting?

My opinion is based on Leo's previous form. This being an albeit minor most recent example.

I decided to post because I saw you criticising someone where absolutely zero criticism was due. Sometimes I decide to comment, sometimes I don't.

Leo's previous form is what it is, but today is not an example of anything other than you looking to criticise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I decided to post because I saw you criticising someone where absolutely zero criticism was due. Sometimes I decide to comment, sometimes I don't.

Leo's previous form is what it is, but today is not an example of anything other than you looking to criticise him.

That’s exactly as it is, cc, critisise for the sake of it.

No substance Just horse out the criticism and sit back.

I've taken your criticism on board.
    Your input is greatly appreciated.

Are those O'Dowds related now to the O'Dowds over in Ballinamuck?

The O'Dowds of the low cross. Up by the old creamery three houses down from Speedy Ned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The O'Dowds of the low cross. Up by the old creamery three houses down from Speedy Ned.

Speedy is called Slow Ned now after his accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Good to see Eamonn Ryan sinning his leadership race in Greens. More stability to the government

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Eamon talked absolute rubbish there tonight, rambling on about nothing. He's like someone that's just been let out of an insane asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Good to see Eamonn Ryan sinning his leadership race in Greens. More stability to the government

What did he do? Did he take the lord's name in vain, or tell a big black lie or something?

Don't leave us hanging like this shef.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

McMurphy wrote: »
    What did he do? Did he take the lord's name in vain, or tell a big black lie or something?

Don't leave us hanging like this shef.

Oh nothing specific or gaffe like I think, just a weird speech rambling on with a weird grin on his face. It was embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Oh nothing specific or gaffe like I think, just a weird speech rambling on with a weird grin on his face. It was embarrassing.

first I heard of it. so, he won? I wonder by how much.

apart from that, I do think that eamonn is in some bad health problem. I could be wrong, [I hope so].

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement