Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Oh nothing specific or gaffe like I think, just a weird speech rambling on with a weird grin on his face. It was embarrassing.

Dandelion risotto and cabbage leaf wine does have that effect on people if taken to excess

• Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

first I heard of it. so, he won? I wonder by how much.

apart from that, I do think that eamonn is in some bad health problem. I could be wrong, [I hope so].

She got 48% and he got 51%, not exactly a ringing endorsment of his leadership.

Hopefully he mamaged to stay awake for the result.

She got 48% and he got 51%, not exactly a ringing endorsment of his leadership.

Hopefully he mamaged to stay awake for the result.

Unlike the massive majority the fishwife got when she replaced Adams. Oh wait a minute!

Seeing her sour puss the last few days in the Dail I think she realises that she has five years of talking ****e on the opposition bench ahead of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Edgware wrote: »
    Unlike the massive majority the fishwife got when she replaced Adams. Oh wait a minute!

Seeing her sour puss the last few days in the Dail I think she realises that she has five years of talking ****e on the opposition bench ahead of her.

Not as many as Coveney got when he replaced Enda. Oh wait a minute!

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Not as many as Coveney got when he replaced Enda. Oh wait a minute!
    You see they are all at it but two candidates of equal ability have close ratings and it's a negative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You see they are all at it but two candidates of equal ability have close ratings and it's a negative?

Martin looks like she might be able to stay awake but she was the chief negotiator to the show so I doubt there'd have been much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Sitting in opposition maybe bad, then she looks at the rabble sitting with her and that would give anyone a sour puss :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

The government was defeated in a parliamentary vote.
    They had been limping along for a few weeks. But now their authority to govern the country is damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Sitting in opposition maybe bad, then she looks at the rabble sitting with her and that would give anyone a sour puss :-)

Correct..that bunch of Trotters and mè fèiners could never form a govt.

We would be ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Scoondal wrote: »
    They had been limping along for a few weeks. But now their authority to govern the country is damaged.

I don't see how you come to that conclusion.
    Their authority is a democratic one at all times, decisions like the appointment yesterday aren't votes that have a bearing on governance really.
    A few disgruntled FGrs over it and a few FFrs sticking the boot in, but their authority to govern is still in tact.
    A bit over dramatic there Scoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

I don't see how you come to that conclusion.
    Their authority is a democratic one at all times, decisions like the appointment yesterday aren't votes that have a bearing on governance really.
    A few disgruntled FGrs over it and a few FFrs sticking the boot in, but their authority to govern is still in tact.
    A bit over dramatic there Scoon.

I think it is an embarrassment and could indicate underlying tensions after all the Government candidate was defeated a big surprise and shows at least in a secret ballot there is not that much unity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

xl500 wrote: »
    I think it is an embarrassment and could indicate underlying tensions after all the Government candidate was defeated a big surprise and shows at least in a secret ballot there is not that much unity

A bit of payback for Cowen I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

A bit of payback for Cowen I reckon.

Or the me me me crew in FF who didn"t the Ministry they were obviously entitled to doing a bit of backstabbing in a selfish rage

You are grasping at straws. These lads are on the gravy train and will stay on it for the full term. The usual whingers on the ditch will get their bit of airtime but will make no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It was a free secret vote, no whips at work, just an assumption that TDs would vote the government's way. Optics of first woman as LCC are better than a 71 year old on his swansong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

is_that_so wrote: »
    It was a free secret vote, no whips at work, just an assumption that TDs would vote the government's way. Optics of first woman as LCC are better than a 71 year old on his swansong.

Poor auld Fergus, when he spoke out about Irish water he was referred to as "an irrelevant and disgruntled ex minister with too much to say for himself"

Now he's a 71 year old on his swansong.

Some lads on here reckoned he had zero say in one of his own constituencies (Dundalk):D

Poor auld Fergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

You are grasping at straws. These lads are on the gravy train and will stay on it for the full term. The usual whingers on the ditch will get their bit of airtime but will make no difference

Next April max, it's going to be a bad winter ,FF have 37 scandals yet to come (minimum) Varadker governing from the backseat, Greens nitpicking at each other while all around them crumbles

Next April max, it's going to be a bad winter ,FF have 37 scandals yet to come (minimum) Varadker governing from the backseat, Greens nitpicking at each other while all around them crumbles

You seem to be looking forward to this?

Are you planning any celebrations or stuff....maybe a bouncing castle or sommit?.

Are you planning any celebrations or stuff....maybe a bouncing castle or sommit?.

Fierce hard for them lads to get insurance these days I hear Brenner. No idea what's contributed to the steep premiums.

0_Swings.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I think the opposition will give FFG 2 years or more. They wont want to take over during a severe recession and they will sit back and watch FFG stumble around in chaos (look at the first month). I cant see any winners for the FFGG govt. The 30 billion of borrowing this year will eventually require an austerity period.

I think the opposition will give FFG 2 years or more. They wont want to take over during a severe recession and they will sit back and watch FFG stumble around in chaos (look at the first month). I cant see any winners for the FFGG govt. The 30 billion of borrowing this year will eventually require an austerity period.

The opposition will sit back for as long as they can, Snow.

I just happened to hear Cullinane the “we’ve broken the State” guy bleating on the radio about care for people over the winter .

The “Up the Ra. And “ broken the State” guy!!

Rings kinda hollow to this subscriber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

The opposition will sit back for as long as they can, Snow.

I just happened to hear Cullinane the “we’ve broken the State” guy bleating on the radio about care for people over the winter .

The “Up the Ra. And “ broken the State” guy!!

Rings kinda hollow to this subscriber.

Cullinane creeps me out, always did. His many performances pre-election on the Tonight Show were Borg like.
    He was benched after the post election singalong but is making a public comeback. Something about Change ;)

Actually I am not sure what your point was now.

Cullinane creeps me out, always did. His many performances pre-election on the Tonight Show were Borg like.
    He was benched after the post election singalong but is making a public comeback. Something about Change ;)

Actually I am not sure what your point was now.

Basically it was how can folk like Cullinane and many others in the opposition be taken seriously,pumping out ‘concern’ for others which leads to one conclude that the opposition will remain in opposition,until the opposition fillets that coterie from their ranks.

Bit of a convoluted sentence, I admit , it hope you got the point.

Popcorn and whiskey, maybe a few pizzas, FF reverting to 2008 mode in seconds after government formation is very entertaining, FGers spinning in defence of people they can't stand ,and the Greens acting like the audience at a Happy Mondays concert in the 90s

Basically it was how can folk like Cullinane and many others in the opposition be taken seriously,pumping out ‘concern’ for others which leads to one conclude that the opposition will remain in opposition,until the opposition fillets that coterie from their ranks.

Bit of a convoluted sentence, I admit , it hope you got the point.

Oddballs in every party, Greens full of them, might be requirement for membership but i think FG have the market cornered with Harris, O Donovan and that strange Burke guy with the eye make up

Popcorn and whiskey, maybe a few pizzas, FF reverting to 2008 mode in seconds after government formation is very entertaining, FGers spinning in defence of people they can't stand ,and the Greens acting like the audience at a Happy Mondays concert in the 90s

He heh good description there , Mr RV

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The 16 grand top up to the so called junior ministers who can sit at cabinet at a time of recession is beyond grotesque.

The 16 grand top up to the so called junior ministers who can sit at cabinet at a time of recession is beyond grotesque.

Whoooooy?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement