Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ahh it's good fun today isn't it!! You forgot the word Local McMurp....

In reality if you live in Dublin your local TD depends on the street you live on. It's a fantastic system isn't it.....:P

I suggest you do a bit of reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Central_(D%C3%A1il_constituency)

You will like that one, Mary Lou is TD for the area, she doesn't live in it mind you. Leo is her local TD :P:P:P:P:P:P:P
    As standard McMurp you come in and its all bully boy posting. Insult after insult after insult.

Maybe grow up, nobody is impressed with a little keyboard warrior act.....

Ok here's how it rolls in your brain, post an uninformed line of nonsense, I reply as to how you're wrong (O'Dowd is the FG TD for Dundalk, no matter your opinion of the matter) - you imply its moi that needs to read up on stuff.

I come back with how if anyone needs to read up and educate themselves, it's certainly not me.

"You're bullying and insulting me"

Someone needs a reality check. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ok here's how it rolls in your brain, post an uninformed line of nonsense, I reply as to how you're wrong (O'Dowd is the FG TD for Dundalk, no matter your opinion of the matter) - you imply its moi that needs to read up on stuff.

I come back with how if anyone needs to read up and educate themselves, it's certainly not me.

"You're bullying and insulting me"

Someone needs a reality check. :D

Change the record......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Edgware wrote: »
    There are many nursing homes where no deaths occurred. What did management do there that was not done elsewhere and why?
    There were many things and there will be plenty of reports on all of this. Proper infection control played a very big part for one. Staffing levels were a also part of the problem plus a difficulty in identifying COVID-19 in the very aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Which has what to do with anything?

Well it strongly suggests the 'desperation' you identify in putting together a government is not coming from FG...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It is amazing now that its dawning on people that FF are now back with the Greens.
    I am seeing a lot of 'I dont like FG too much but FF...!!!'

If people weren't so caught up in the media crusade against FG the past few months they may realise now that they let FF back in the backdoor.
    Some people will never learn though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    It is amazing now that its dawning on people that FF are now back with the Greens.

If people weren't so caught up in the media crusade against FG the past few months they may realise now that they let FF back in the backdoor.

What?

FG have been accommodating the rehabilitation of FF for years. Own what youse have done here. To coin a phrase...'tis like letting John Delaney take back control of the FAI with a big pat on the back'.*

*I'm sure somebody said something similar to that, so apologies for plagarising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Change the record......

Or maybe just man up and admit you were wrong, Fergus o'Dowd is a Louth td, it is a single 5 seater constituency and the poster Dundalk had the opportunity to vote for him at the recent election, as did anyone in that constituency.

Instead you just cant admit you were wrong and have now made a mess of the last few pages of this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

The media crusade.... :D

So the media are to blame for Irish Water, Cervical Check Scandal, Children's hospital overspend, Trolley Crisis, National debt levels, Garda corruption, Broadband scheme, Fine Gael TD expenses/corruption (Farrell, Bailey, D Murphy, Mulkerins)...?

Please. FG know the election result was self inflicted. I am delighted they are amalgamating with FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Let's not rewrite history here Mark.

FG were given a once in a lifetime mandate and support in 2011 to actually bring the country and the way we do business in politics forward and tackle the issues exposed by the financial crisis.

Instead of that, they squandered it on the same old corruption, nepotism and waste with the added arrogance that is the FG hallmark.

Then they completed the job when Enda's crusade to be the only FG taoiseach to get a second term led to last minute backroom deals that effectively gave FF back control. Of course, it was made easier by them ignoring their own grassroots and appointing a social media obsessed spin doctor who was great for a quote, not so much for delivery, as he ticked his way through his bucket list.

But let's not sell FG short. Despite not even a decade having past since the crash , and despite many of the same faces still on the benches, they are about to give Micheal his dream of being taoiseach.

FG supporters are gas. Quick to complain about the Shinners and FFers but completely blind to the situation they have themselves created.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

FG were given a once in a lifetime mandate and support in 2011 to actually bring the country and the way we do business in politics forward and tackle the issues exposed by the financial crisis.

Instead of that, they squandered it on the same old corruption, nepotism and waste with the added arrogance that is the FG hallmark.

Then they completed the job when Enda's crusade to be the only FG taoiseach to get a second term led to last minute backroom deals that effectively gave FF back control. Of course, it was made easier by them ignoring their own grassroots and appointing a social media obsessed spin doctor who was great for a quote, not so much for delivery, as he ticked his way through his bucket list.

But let's not sell FG short. Despite not even a decade having past since the crash , and despite many of the same faces still on the benches, they are about to give Micheal his dream of being taoiseach.

FG supporters are gas. Quick to complain about the Shinners and FFers but completely blind to the situation they have themselves created.

Still didn't bring the IMF in like FF did or SF will.

• Advertisement

Sat on the sidelines watching it happen calling for more and rehabilitated the party driving the ship onto the rocks.

Great record alright.

What?

FG have been accommodating the rehabilitation of FF for years. Own what youse have done here. To coin a phrase...'tis like letting John Delaney take back control of the FAI with a big pat on the back'.*

*I'm sure somebody said something similar to that, so apologies for plagarising it.

You wanted SF to go in with FF. :rolleyes:

Sat on the sidelines watching it happen calling for more and rehabilitated the party driving the ship onto the rocks.

Great record alright.

They have a great record.

Full employment and no IMF.

SF will bring the IMF back.

That's all you have? The IMF were arguably exactly what this country needed after the free for all tiger years. It's just a pity nothing was learned from the experience.

A better question is how FG managed to squander the recovery and leave the place worse than they found it (housing, health care, costs of living to name a few). At least FF knew enough to know you have to give something back some times.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. FG are actually worse than FF. Never elected except as a protest vote, only until they remind us why that is, and only until they've rehabilitated FF in the process.

It's happened before. It's happening again.

Great record alright.

SF told us FG policies wouldn't bring full employment. Shows what they know.

That's all you have? The IMF were arguably exactly what this country needed after the free for all tiger years. It's just a pity nothing was learned from the experience.

A better question is how FG managed to squander the recovery and leave the place worse than they found it (housing, health care, costs of living to name a few). At least FF knew enough to know you have to give something back some times.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. FG are actually worse than FF. Never elected except as a protest vote, only until they remind us why that is, and only until they've rehabilitated FF in the process.

It's happened before. It's happening again.

Unemployment 15% when they took over the mess left by FF.

Full employment pre C19 and wages up.

Meanwhile SF want to tax people out of existence and hand it over to long term unemployed people.

SF told us FG policies wouldn't bring full employment. Shows what they know.

Yeh...that's why they got their lowest vote ever.

SF promised spending of 22billion more by 2025.

How long did that promise last? Didn't even last a month. :D

Shows that they haven't a clue.

Every government is voted out eventually.

When SF take power they will be voted out.

Unemployment 15% when they took over the mess left by FF.

Full employment pre C19 and wages up.

Meanwhile SF want to tax people out of existence and hand it over to long term unemployed people.

Let me be clear, because this is another common mistake by FGers when their party of choice is criticised.

Opposing FG is not supporting SF. I think SF would be disastrous for our FDI dependent country and I don't give a toss about a United Ireland - especially not with all the problems we have in this country now.

But again, it's FG's performance in the last 9 years that gave SF a third of the vote this time out too.

• Advertisement

SF promised spending of 22billion more by 2025.

How long did that promise last? Didn't even last a month. :D

Shows that they haven't a clue.

Deflect from FG when they come under scrutiny. No surprise.
    Then we have people complaining that people are talking about SF on this thread. :)

Yes, you got it. They were voted out. Emphatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes, you got it. They were voted out. Emphatically.
    They were voted out but I'd disagree it was emphatically. Sinn Fein didn't run away with seats. They got more but not by much. I mean if the Green Party vote against it then where is the country ? The situation we are in now can't continue. Does the president come into focus if there isn't a deal ? Could the soc dems and independents fall in if the Green Party say no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

"take power" !!! Are you Danny Morrison?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They were voted out but I'd disagree it was emphatically. Sinn Fein didn't run away with seats. They got more but not by much. I mean if the Green Party vote against it then where is the country ? The situation we are in now can't continue. Does the president come into focus if there isn't a deal ? Could the soc dems and independents fall in if the Green Party say no ?

They had their 2nd worst ever election. Cant get much more emphatic than that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nobody really gets voted out unless their support is transferred to an alternative in such appreciable numbers that they cannot return. That happened in 1997 and in 2011. What has happened here is that a larger number of political entities than usual have potentially been in a position to explore government formation. In the end three groupings proved better placed to deliver that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Eh ..... What corruption and nepotism? Agree that some things have been an inexcusable mess. The Hospital in particular but unaware of corruption and nepotism which is more a Fianna Fail thing - or was back in the day to be fair.

Examples of Fine Gael corruption?

Whoever is responsible for the hospital should be forced to join Sinn Fein in fairness

In Feb I wanted SF in, simple reason is I expected them to fall flat on their face and get kicked out in first year

Seems like SF knew this as well and ran for hills, with all the crowing from SF all of a sudden if FF and FG turned around now and said off you go, you run the country they would run for the hills again

Even the SF supporters can see this but they choose to disregard and deflect....vote happened in feb and SF disappeared

They to reappeared when FF, FG, Green started talks...so that should be the end of the SF discussion, if they don’t want to be in government I have no idea why people are even discussing it

Has slaintecare been dropped as health policy going forward....it was one of few bright spots from otherwise bland government performance last time

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoisinShortall/status/1272951323898589185

Apolgies for not reading thread!

• Advertisement

Has slaintecare been dropped as health policy going forward....it was one of few bright spots from otherwise bland government performance last time

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoisinShortall/status/1272951323898589185

Apolgies for not reading thread!

Roisin pops up, another useless so and so, what’s she been up to from the last few months? Hiding in the ditch?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement