Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The more astute of us he says.

Right?? :D

How astute was it not to foresee exactly how it would go as soon as FF were back behind the wheel. Didn't even take a month!

But hey, we're all in this together. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Yes, I do think it was justified. I'm of the opinion that politicians are underpaid. I certainly wouldn't do their job for the money they make. Working huge hours, continual public scrutiny, abuse from losers online, no job security.

Fúck that for a game of snooker.

You believe a junior minister in Ireland deserves to be paid more than the Presidents of Italy and Spain?
    Because why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    You believe a junior minister in Ireland deserves to be paid more than the Presidents of Italy and Spain?
    Because why?

Because 'nothing to see here'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

As opposed to 30 plus ministers out of a government consisting of 93 TDs??

Didnt they give emselves a payrise this week,roughly equal to what someone on min wage brings home per annum??

How is this anything other than abusing power to enrich emselves at our expense?

If your only earning 16k you really should have stayed in school

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Because why?

More than welcome to apply and get the job yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    More than welcome to apply and get the job yourself

That isn't an answer.
    Why does a junior minister in a country with a population of less than 5 million do to deserve being so highly paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,983 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

2 posts earlier,calls pearse doherty a halfwit :rolleyes:

That isn't abuse, that is truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

2 posts earlier,calls pearse doherty a halfwit :rolleyes:
    And what was wrong with that?

Hundreds of thousands of people unable to pay for their rent/mortgages, hundreds of thousands after losing their jobs, politicians literally asleep on the job only waking up long enough to veto the living wage bill and there's people on here who actually think it's A-OK for these politicians to award their own a pay rise of 16K because 124K just isn't enough??

Unbelievable. Great little country we have here alright.

Explain again to me who got a pay rise of 16k.

A person got appointed to a job, and got the going rate for the job, nothing more, nothing less.

The usual coterie of the permanently outraged are making something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Tell us all about that degree you have there Shef.

Jesus, your posts are a parody.

• Advertisement

Fair level of gaslighting going on here.....even the government admit its a payrise
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40021718.html

Come to think of it.....didnt shinnerz refuse a payrise earlier this year? (And somehow got critised for it :confused: )

I thought that Sinn Fein got a pay rise for their Northern Ireland politicians earlier this year?

As for the current furore, that article doesn't mention a payrise. You had two people doing a job at a certain level with a payment attached to it. A third person got appointed to do the same job, and you seem to think that this third person (who is a woman?) shouldn't get the rate for the job?

If that is the most important thing that the opposition are unhappy with, they really don't have a clue.

A Government decision to change laws to allow pay hikes for ministers of State days before they go on their summer holidays has been branded "disgusting" and "greedy".
    The Coalition pushed through the legislative change to allow three ministers of State to get a €16,229 allowance for attending Cabinet meetings.
    Pay hikes for super juniors are branded as 'disgusting'
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/pay-hikes-for-super-juniors-are-branded-as-disgusting-39396118.html

Crony gravy train stuff just before the holliers...

This has what to do with dail...none of my tax is spent in stormont.....may aswell scream ira mate,for all relevence this has

Nasty lil habit of gaslighting,yous have...1st line of article

Except nowhere have i said anything approaching this.....3rd example of gaslighting....truely nasty lil poster yous are

Indeed...country going down tubes and ffg lining their pockets,and handing out 16K payrises is exactly leadership and example country needs, :rolleyes:

Let me explain it again with the facts.

FACT 1: Two ministers of state already got this salary under the previous government for doing a particular job, so it is not a new payment, it is not a payrise on an existing salary.

FACT 2: Three ministers of state got appointed by this government to do the same particular job, instead of two. The third one is a woman.

FACT 3: You and other posters don't want this woman to get the same rate for the same job.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Let me explain it again with the facts.

FACT 1: Two ministers of state already got this salary under the previous government for doing a particular job, so it is not a new payment, it is not a payrise on an existing salary.

FACT 2: Three ministers of state got appointed by this government to do the same particular job, instead of two. The third one is a woman.

FACT 3: You and other posters don't want this woman to get the same rate for the same job.

What laws needed changing to enable the pay hikes/supplements?

They are junior minsters,who pay is raised up 16K....why lie,its fairly easy found out??

And got handy 16K payrise for doing so??

Mate...i didnt even know,nor care it was a woman,got this job(like seriously mate,its 2020 and only person cares its a woman is you)......dont think any politian should be getting 16K of a payrise with country going down tubes

For some posters they'll use gender and a person's sexuality to try deflect from a story. It's pretty low brow IMO.
    They gave a hike and added a third person. They get paid more than higher positions in other European countries but like L'Oreal, they're worth it..seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

It's spelled 'you're'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Which three people got a payrise?

As I understand it, there used to be two juniors sitting at the cabinet table, now there are three. The third one is getting the rate for the job, same as the other two, just like anyone else would if they got a job.

Am I missing something? Or is this just the permanently outraged finding their latest cause?

16 grand.

And now there are 20 junior ministers. And junior ministers have no power. We went through this before 10 years ago and then Cowen was forced to reduce junior ministers to 15.

We can't afford this nonsense if we're in a recession.

They are junior minsters,who pay is raised up 16K....why lie,its fairly easy found out??

And got handy 16K payrise for doing so??

Mate...i didnt even know,nor care it was a woman,got this job(like seriously mate,its 2020 and only person cares its a woman is you)......dont think any politian should be getting 16K of a payrise with country going down tubes

I see Brian Stanley TD has been handed a €9.5k payrise by Mary-Lou in the last few hours.

Handy payrise for him. Wonder will we see the same outrage on that?

It's spelled 'you're'.

You should use your powers for good and not evil

What about,what about,what about

How much extra,has this cost the tax payer??

We should tax all politians on anything above average wage at 99%

It is costing the tax-payer €9.5k for him. From being a nobody to getting a €9.5k payrise.

Apparently five more Sinn Fein TDs are also in line for this €9.5k payrise.

As for the last sentence in your post, that is just silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nah..... we don’t want a Dáil full of Wardy16s and Joan Collins’s

A few days ago you wanted to give all TD minimum wage? Your opinion changes like the wind

New directive?

Have they accepted it??
    Correct me,if im wrong...but did yous not critise shinnerz for turning down the last td payrise

Except its not....but we arent allowed suggest this without being sneered at to shut conversation down

That boat sailed a long time ago on Sinn Fein not accepting payrises and such. We were lied to for years by the Sinn Fein leadership while the likes of Dessie Ellis were cleaning up and laughing at the colleagures.

Where is your outrage at Sinn Fein TDs accepting these payrises, especially nobodies like Stanley.

Have they accepted it??
    Correct me,if im wrong...but did yous not critise shinnerz for turning down the last td payrise

Except its not....but we arent allowed suggest this without being sneered at to shut conversation down

When they come back with 'look over there' that says it all.
    These things dont cancel each other out. They will try though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Nah..... we don’t want a Dáil full of Wardy16s and Joan Collins’s

Ginos.

Tbf he shouldnt accept it,and politian wages above average wage need removing

No way we need 30 ministers,whom earn more than prime minsiter of spain in this country....its pure madness

If you pay politicians the average wage, why would anyone do the job?

You will recruit more civic minded driven people....as it stands we have a government handing out 16K wage increases onto over paid jobs

Can you justify every TD getting paid more than.the prime minister of spain??

I want people with the ability to make high-level important decisions under extreme pressure. Very few of that type of person earns as little as the average wage.

Indeed.....gauranteeing.bank debt.and thus bankrupting the state is fantastic value for money

We need more civic minded people to run the country imo....we have a ex-taoiseach,likely future president getting into disputes with greiving families.....only for we such a small country,we would be laughing stock of the world

More barrel-scraping to find things to criticise the government with.

The missives from Parnell Square must be really short these days given the lack of material.

I want people with the ability to make high-level important decisions under extreme pressure. Very few of that type of person earns as little as the average wage.

That's the logic won Trump the election.
    Was it Harris dropping out of a journalism course in DIT and his Covid number 19 that impressed you or Leo's blazing medical career and movie quotes for a bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,521 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Tbf he shouldnt accept it,and politian wages above average wage need removing

You are suggesting that TDs get paid 45-47k.

That is way too low.

Newly-qualified accountants aged 26 in Dublin get 48k.

Sol in late 20s in Dublin can earn towards 70k.

Given that being a TD involves long hours, always being available, I think twice the average wage is fair enough.

95k.

Now, travel expenses should be reduced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement