Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    They, (PBP/SF/SD) did a great civic service calling out the 16,000 pay hikes.
    Also called out allowing travel during a pandemic then 'advising' you don't.

Some of them also made complete idiots of themselves saying we should have spent Apple's money.

Thankfully they're sitting in the ditch, even though the current government seem to have the Benny Hill theme playing on repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,978 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Blanch you completely misrepresented a post of mine ranting about things I never said regarding people on the dole and with covid payments taking vacations. You went on a rant about the left too.
    I pointed out that nonsense and you ignored it toddling off to the next self righteous used tissue of fantasy so forgive me if I can't take you at all serious.
    For your viewing pleasure: here

They gave themselves a hike then a cut, then are giving back one of the hikes.
    Called out by the public despite spin merchants and apologists running defense for them.

Unfortunately, I don't follow all of your posts, it would make me dizzy to keep up with it, so I missed your magnificent rebuttal complete with links to relevant official sources. Sorry about that.

As I said, wouldn't take long before someone would find fault with a 10% pay cut. Some people won't be happy until TDs are living hand to mouth on the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

blanch152 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't follow all of your posts, it would make me dizzy to keep up with it, so I missed your magnificent rebuttal complete with links to relevant official sources. Sorry about that.

As I said, wouldn't take long before someone would find fault with a 10% pay cut. Some people won't be happy until TDs are living hand to mouth on the streets.

Depends on what party, some need to be making no money, others it doesn’t really matter what they do

The old same rule applies to all doesn’t seem to apply for some posters on heree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Would love to see an ongoing FF/FG partnership as they try hold on to the glory days.
    All they have politically speaking is waffle. Now partnered, what does FF stand for the FG doesn't? They are like Eric and Don jnr. Trump.

Well, not all they have actually.

The other relevant factor is the dysfunctional alternative. What should be a left wing alternative is scattered amongst the criminal/moron Sinn Fein populist collective, the mad mad world of Boyd Barrett & Co plus a couple of marginalsed decent people in whats left of labour and a few others. Until a realistic left wing alternative presents itself its hard to see what can go wrong for Ff/FG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I'm speaking on the one you responded to.
    You made up some things and went off on one.
    I literally said I wouldn't support allowing them go on holiday and you went at me for defending them for going on holiday.
    I suppose it's easier to make up your own stuff and then get all shouty.

I don't find fault with the cut. By the way will you be fighting for them to reverse that or ensure Pippa gets her top up? Or do you just nod along with everything they do?
    I think a spell living hand to mouth would do them a world of good.

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »

The other relevant factor is the dysfunctional alternative. What should be a left wing alternative is scattered amongst the criminal/moron Sinn Fein populist collective, the mad mad world of Boyd Barrett & Co plus a couple of marginalsed decent people in whats left of labour and a few others. Until a realistic left wing alternative presents itself its hard to see what can go wrong for Ff/FG

How long do you have?

We'll have a quango before the years out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Hahahahaha

Is that what you call a great job? Have one of them clowns come up with an alternative or just usual complaining about what everyone else is doing

Did opposition tds also take a pay cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

As long as those clowns are the only alternative, it’s their only hope of survival.

But...... they need to pull themselves together fast......very fast.

Am I confident they will do it..........not very.

Nobody prepared to step up to the plate...... not a viable team

This, in my opinion, won’t work.

Pretty scathing analysis of the opposition but impossible to find fault with it.

The only things you left out were their complete lack of imaginative alternative policies (look at where spend the Apple money would have got them) and their nasty personalities.

Did opposition tds also take a pay cut?

It's only from the Taoiseach down to the Ministers of State.
    So a raise and a cut ;)

• Advertisement

It's only from the Taoiseach down to the Ministers of State.
    So a raise and a cut ;)

But still came out with more than last years government. Tis some country. I wish I worked in the public service. Couldn't sit at a desk all day though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

But still came out with more than last years government. Tis some country. I wish I worked in the public service. Couldn't sit at a desk all day though

Some can't even sit on a chair without falling asleep

Some can't even sit on a chair without falling asleep

Probably dreaming about lettuce and how much he can now buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

How long do you have?

We'll have a quango before the years out.

Still on alternative- even if you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Ahem, I'm sure, there will be, another u turn on this for covid payment recipients.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0728/1156094-flac-pup-covid-payment/

Ahem, I'm sure, there will be, another u turn on this for covid payment recipients.

So, some solicitor in FLAC thinks its wrong?

Quick fix in the Dail tomorrow and its sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

A U Turn by this Government no way. See what Cowen started

They should get in some advisors ;)

They obviously feel they are a law unto themselves.
    They should not tell people they can travel during a pandemic and then 'advise' against it and then put restrictions on some people. Farcical.
    So, some solicitor in FLAC thinks its wrong?

Quick fix in the Dail tomorrow and its sorted.

Better than a few chislers giving themselves pay rises and making things up to try deflect, (sounds familiar :) ).
    So you are okay with them doing what they like and changing the rules after the fact. That's some level of obedience surely? Trump level governance.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

A 10% pay cut for government ministers means they will earn more.
    Only in Ireland.
    I am losing my respect for my country. Politicians and RTE are in this together.
    I am a 51 year old man and I always thought that RTE was an unbiased broadcast company. I have been shocked by their pro-government stance since Februrary. It is getting like U.S. now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Scoondal wrote: »
    Only in Ireland.
    I am losing my respect for my country. Politicians and RTE are in this together.
    I am a 51 year old man and I always thought that RTE was an unbiased broadcast company. I have been shocked by their pro-government stance since Februrary. It is getting like U.S. now.

if the government being such a shambles can make more than 50% of the country realise this one singular fact then ill forgive them all.

Glad to hear its coming to light, RTE hasn't changed, you just see the light now.

• Advertisement

Only in Ireland.

Seriously? so when before Feb did RTE go against the government?

Only in Ireland.

Better late than never

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

if the government being such a shambles can make more than 50% of the country realise this one singular fact then ill forgive them all.

Glad to hear its coming to light, RTE hasn't changed, you just see the light now.

Yes, I was slow to realise it. But it's never too late to realise what they are doing now. No more licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You'd think after the last election result that FG and FF would have learned something.
    But not so it seems.
    Off on their merry squeeze the little man again jolly.

What has this poster puzzled is how certain issues have been dominating the airwaves recently.

No1 is the furore over folk on state payment traveling abroad when the advice is not to.

Another one is the furore over weddings being limited to certain numbers for health reasons but folk are moving the ‘day 1 and day 2 ‘ to the north because the numbers can be considerably higher.

One would have thought that with the prospect of job losses, a second wave, increased pricing etc that a certain self imposed spending hold would be the norm?

Far from it, based on media coverage it would appear.

With huge extra spend and borrowings by the Govt. which cant go on for ever , recession is very probable, with job losses.

Yet the media has been hammering this issue for weeks now.......strange.....verrrrrry strange.

Making political points ,but fuhhherke the long term consequences for the health of the nation.

Negativity central in full flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,284 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What has this poster puzzled is how certain issues have been dominating the airwaves recently.

No1 is the furore over folk on state payment traveling abroad when the advice is not to.

Another one is the furore over weddings being limited to certain numbers for health reasons but folk are moving the ‘day 1 and day 2 ‘ to the north because the numbers can be considerably higher.

One would have thought that with the prospect of job losses, a second wave, increased pricing etc that a certain self imposed spending hold would be the norm?

Far from it, based on media coverage it would appear.

With huge extra spend and borrowings by the Govt. which cant go on for ever , recession is very probable, with job losses.

Yet the media has been hammering this issue for weeks now.......strange.....verrrrrry strange.

Making political points ,but fuhhherke the long term consequences for the health of the nation.

Negativity central in full flow.

Has the message not been 'we have been fiscally sensible we will weather this storm' ?
    Has our ex now imaginary Taoiseach not been out being photographed leading a normal life...buying clothes, having meals out, partying in the park as if it was 2019?
    Where is the 'leadership' as some coins around this parish would cry?

Has the message not been 'we have been fiscally sensible we will weather this storm' ?
    Has our ex now imaginary Taoiseach not been out being photographed leading a normal life...buying clothes, having meals out, partying in the park as if it was 2019?
    Where is the 'leadership' as some coins around this parish would cry?

Havent noticed an extravagant lifestyle Mr F, but then again I don’t have a subscription to ‘Heat’ or ‘an Poblacht’.

Have to agree with your last sentence though, leadership is very lacking and disjointed.

You have coins like O’Dea trying have a foot in every camp along with many others.

Havent noticed an extravagant lifestyle Mr F, but then again I don’t have a subscription to ‘Heat’ or ‘an Poblacht’.

Have to agree with your last sentence though, leadership is very lacking and disjointed.

You have coins like O’Dea trying have a foot in every camp along with many others.

Oh now Brendan...Mr. V's PR is better than that. He was plastered everywhere enjoying getting back to normal.

Were you averting your eyes again?

'Selective vision' seemed to be an issue with the FGer coins too co-incidentally.

Oh now Brendan...Mr. V's PR is better than that. He was plastered everywhere enjoying getting back to normal.

Were you averting your eyes again?

'Selective vision' seemed to be an issue with the FGer coins too co-incidentally.

Every politician deserves a personal life. I don't see supporters of FF/FG etc running around checking out what the leader of SF/PBP/SD etc are doing when they are off

What have you such an interest in politicans personal lives? what is so interesting about them?

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Every politician deserves a personal life. I don't see supporters of FF/FG etc running around checking out what the leader of SF/PBP/SD etc are doing when they are off

What have you such an interest in politicans personal lives? what is so interesting about them?

It's not 'personal' when you are posing for paprazzi Shef.

Look at the pics...they are PR shoots....buying a new jacket (who gets a photographer out to photograph that? :rolleyes: Having a meal out etc etc.

If it's your private life, keep it private, most others manage it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement