Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It's not 'personal' when you are posing for paprazzi Shef.

Look at the pics...they are PR shoots....buying a new jacket (who gets a photographer out to photograph that? :rolleyes: Having a meal out etc etc.

If it's your private life, keep it private, most others manage it.

The reason photographers are after Leo is because of the amount of people who have so little going on in their own lives they are obsessed with him. Just look at the PBP lady who couldn't even comment on an event Leo went to, posted about the jacket he had on him in the middle of winter. Then when she got hammered abotu the comment took it down?

All the littles minions running around taking photos of Leo when he is not at work and then crying about it. Seriously. Is this the level of politics the country has sunk to?

You tell me Francie, why are you so interested? you seem to constantly talk about Leo personal life, whats the obsession?

Personally I couldnt care what any of them do in personal lives

• Registered Users Posts: 69,284 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The reason photographers are after Leo is because of the amount of people who have so little going on in their own lives they are obsessed with him. Just look at the PBP lady who couldn't even comment on an event Leo went to, posted about the jacket he had on him in the middle of winter. Then when she got hammered abotu the comment took it down?

All the littles minions running around taking photos of Leo when he is not at work and then crying about it. Seriously. Is this the level of politics the country has sunk to?

You tell me Francie, why are you so interested? you seem to constantly talk about Leo personal life, whats the obsession?

Personally I couldnt care what any of them do in personal lives

He is 'posing for' the photographer. You are shooting the messenger again

He is 'posing for' the photographer. You are shooting the messenger again

Im not shooting anyone. I asked you a question. You constantly are discussing Leo personal life. What is your obsession with it?

No idea why you think that is shooting the messengar.

Didn't one of the other posters on here have Leo's partner name as his baords name. Like what the hell is that about????

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I prefer the photo's of Leo doing 10ks with your one after she had the awful fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Politicians shouldn't be allowed have a personal and private life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

we need the strongest government the state has ever had to deal with what's coming down the line for this country

there is too much messing at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Another U-turn now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Floppybits wrote: »
    Another U-turn now.
    They're brutal.
    And all those posters on here who spoke about all the experience FG/FF had in govt.

Hahaha x 10.

Can we have an Xcell sheet as a sticky for all their cock ups:
    Barry Cowen.
    Eamonn Ryan's zzzzzzzz
    Junior Ministers Pay increase.
    Junior Ministers Pay decrease.
    PUP Holiday ban.
    PUP Holiday ban roll back

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Can we have an Xcell sheet as a sticky for all their cock ups:
    Barry Cowen.
    Eamonn Ryan's zzzzzzzz
    Junior Ministers Pay increase.
    Junior Ministers Pay decrease.
    PUP Holiday ban.
    PUP Holiday ban roll back

The O'Gorman fella having to distance himself from a certain LGBT guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭mattser

we need the strongest government the state has ever had to deal with what's coming down the line for this country

there is too much messing at the moment

Just be thankful the alternative to what we have now run from responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

blanch152 wrote: »
    So, some solicitor in FLAC thinks its wrong?

Quick fix in the Dail tomorrow and its sorted.

Yep. You were right, but not the, right you expected.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0729/1156187-pandemic-unemployment-payment/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its FF under the leadership of the old guard, is anyone even slightly surprised? 10 years from now their will be a litany of tribunals to do with this government.

Its such a poor a government with little talent, election again around the corner.

Im not shooting anyone. I asked you a question. You constantly are discussing Leo personal life. What is your obsession with it?

No idea why you think that is shooting the messengar.

Didn't one of the other posters on here have Leo's partner name as his baords name. Like what the hell is that about????

You are inventing a scenario now where I am constantly discussing his 'private' life. I'm not. These are publicity shots he is happy to pose for...ie, he is complicit in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

This will be interesting. Tore fictitious lumps out of the opposition the last few days over numerous threads for suggesting what HH is now putting a stamp on. It'll be completely fine now of course.
    Maybe she just passed the letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    This will be interesting. Tore fictitious lumps out of the opposition the last few days over numerous threads for suggesting what HH is now putting a stamp on. It'll be completely fine now of course.
    Maybe she just passed the letter?

Still trying to breathe life into that one,bub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

NEW: Government u-turn. There will be a change of the rules so anyone who travels to greenlist countries won't have their pandemic unemployment payment stopped.

Christ almighty what a shambles it's the government bots and trolls I feel sorry for out all day defending the latest government policy only for a complete u turn the next day and they've to slog away defending that the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Easy to know FF are back in power

'Pandemic payment legislation means you must be 'genuinely seeking employment''
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/pandemic-payment-legislation-means-you-must-be-genuinely-seeking-employment-1012639.html

Surely the whole point of the PUP payment was for those that ARE NOT seeking new employment but are unable to work due to covid restrictions. THey still (hopefully) have jobs to go back to once restrictions are lifted. Technically they are still in employment, and still under contract to work.

How is a barman going to seek work elsewhere?
    How are the thousand of workers whose job is directly dependent on tourism going to find similar work elsewhere?
    If the previous FG government were to be believed that unemployment was down to just a few percent before the covid crisis where are these jobs to be found?

Seriously, we are not two months into a new government and they are making a complete balls of it, and not making any sense at all.

If people are seeking new employment they should be applying for Job Seekers allowance, and there is absolutely zero need for this legislation.

This new legislation makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Not only that but no doubt it is likely to be legally challenged.

You are inventing a scenario now where I am constantly discussing his 'private' life. I'm not. These are publicity shots he is happy to pose for...ie, he is complicit in it.

Duck, dive, dodge. No surprise Francie you don't answer the question.

As I said, I have no obession with the personal lives of TD's. No idea why anyone else would. If you don't want to explain that of course if your choice.

• Advertisement

As I said, I have no obession with the personal lives of TD's. No idea why anyone else would. If you don't want to explain that of course if your choice.

Your 'private life' is the one you have when you are not posing for photographs Shef...it ain't rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Desperation.

smurgen wrote: »
    Desperation.

and Deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

I don't remember a more chaotic start to a government
    It's a difficult time at the moment no doubt, but a lot of completely unnecessary headlines being generated for themselves.

christy c wrote: »
    It's a difficult time at the moment no doubt, but a lot of completely unnecessary headlines being generated for themselves.

You do realize we are in the middle of a Worldwide crisis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Disingenuous arseholes asking anyone to 'genuinely seek employment', when they know there aren't enough jobs, and won't bother creating the jobs themselves - when there is an abundance of sorely needed work (direct government building of houses for one - can be done on a self financing for-profit basis even), ample available money at negative interest rates, and loads of unemployed people to do it and train up to do it.

It's insulting to everyone to pretend that there's enough work for everyone out there. The government need to be the ones directly providing the work with a Job Guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

christy c wrote: »
    In normal times we wouldn't notice and it would just be shouting matches in the Dail. Now we're watching their every move. It's ironic that the most difficult part of this pandemic may turn out to have been the best managed.

As for the chaos, some ministers are just trying too hard. Being the main man, that falls on Martin, but he too seems to be trying to prove how great a job they can do. I don't think it's all of them and the current concerns do revolve around about 3 departments, all of which have a new minister, with two of them complete newbies.
    I also think they are very much handicapped by their now "firmer" approach and having to depend on a very dysfunctional department to deliver what may already be the defining moment of government. It is a schools or bust scenario!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,556 ✭✭✭✭Water John

As Angela Merkel said, the closing down is the easy part, it's the gradual opening up is the difficult part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

I do, and in fairness that makes sense. But there have been stupid things nothing to do with the crisis (Barry Cowen was bad optics no matter what way you look at it).

That said, a glance across the other side of the Dail would send a shiver down your spine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Sounds like the ideal time for a pay rise doesn't it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement